Scarsdale Travel Guide

Paella

Scarsdale Restaurants

• Gypsystravels's Profile Photo

by Gypsystravels Updated Nov 13, 2013

I have been here one time prior to my most recent visit and the food is always good. My daughter, son-in-law and I were starving after a fun day of shopping and my son-in-law suggested Pizza & Brew.

Entering the restaurant you are welcomed with a large counter to the left with some seating and a display case. To the right of the counter a dinning area that looks like a train with plenty of booths to enjoy your meal and towards the back there is more seating.

The restaurant was clean, service excellent, prompt and friendly and the food was quite good. Our waiter didn't wait until our drinks were empty before bringing refills.

Favorite Dish: We ordered the fried mozzarella for the table. I had the penne alfredo with chicken and a side salad, my daughter had the minestrone soup with the lobster ravioli and my son-in-law had the burger. My grandon had a few pieces of my chicken, pasta and some soup, he was quite the happy boy!

My meal was quite good and way too much food. I believe we all took a doggy bag home with us that day.

• Wine Tasting
    • Beer Tasting

by cjg1 Updated Nov 11, 2012

Liz has been here many time but this was my first experience with this Pizza & Brew. We came her for dinner with Liz's brother Rob and his girlfriend Amy. It's a casual Italian restaurant/pizzeria. They have two seperate dining areas. One of the dining areas is set up to look like a train car and has pictures of early motion pictures. We were sat at a booth in the main dining room. Our waitress was a little chalenged with the English language but was very nice.

I had the stuffed sole which was okay, not spectacular. Liz and her brother both had the gnocchi with marinara sauce. They both liked their meals. Amy enjoyed her penne vodka. Maybe it was just my entree choice that was bad but I will try this restaurant again.

by cjg1 Updated Sep 14, 2010

If you can get pass the small hole in the wall atmosphere just to get good food then you will like this joint. It is what I would consider a "dive Joint" but I am a self proclaimed lover of dive joints. The place is located on Central Avenue and looks like a rundown red shack. If you didn't know about the place from someone you'd probably pass it by like I did for years when living in the area. The Candlelight Inn is known for their chicken wings and trust me they are incredible.

My wife has loved this place for years and I must say it has become my all time favorite place for wings. The interior is very simple with a small bar area and dining room. In the summer they have some tables on an outdoor terrace but it is too close to the street traffic for my liking.

The menu has the basic bar food items; burgers, fries, mozzarella sticks , sandwiches and of course their incredible chicken wings. When we stop in; I always order the medium portion of wings in their hot sauce (the wings come in mild, medium, hot, extra hot, chernobyl, teriyaki or BBQ). The hot wings are great with a nice cold beer and plenty of bleu cheese dressing on the side for dipping. My wife likes their simple cheeseburgers, hot dogs, waffle fries and their mozzarella sticks. On occasion they have Fish & Chips on the menu which she loves.

I like the stripped down atmosphere where we can relax and enjoy some good food while enjoying a beer of two. Prices here are very reasonable and often my Wife's Stella costs more than her entree....

The wings here are addictive and when it's football season we often stop in for a to go order for me to enjoy while watching a game at home.

**This is a cash only establishment so bring cash if you want to eat.***

Favorite Dish: My favorite thing to order are the wings of course. I enjoy their hot sauce and have not ventured to the extra hot or chernobyl. The medium portion is very large I'd say about 24 pieces. The wings are coated in their delicious sauce and seved with plenty of bleu cheese dressing and celery sticks. I usually can't finish the portion and wind up with a doggy bag for later....no worries they re-heat just fine.

The waffle fries are incredible good; full of spice and very crispy.

Delicious Hot Wings! Enjoying the My wife waiting for her Stella My Miller Lite & Liz's Stella Cheeseburger

Scarsdale Shopping

by cjg1 Written May 20, 2009

Chef Central has anything a cook could want or need. They have cutlery, condiments, seasonings, mixes, appliances, bakeware, plates, glasses and all sorts of kitchen accessories. I often find myself here with Liz since she loves to cook. I have recently begun an interest in cooking since it gives me an excuse to play with knives. The store has a great selection and the staff is very friendly.

What to buy: Liz gets her Wusthof knives here as well as other cooking tools and seasonings. They carry a large variety of peppercorns and salts so Liz loves to stock up.

What to pay: A good Wusthof knife can run anywhere from $39.99 for a paring knife to almost $200 for a large knife. Liz's sea salt is arounf $8 for a small jar.

Instant Answers: Scarsdale

Comments

Scarsdale Travel Guide
Map of Scarsdale