Shelter Island Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Shelter Island

• magdalena2007's Profile Photo

Sunset beach restaurant: Sunset

by magdalena2007 Written Sep 24, 2007

Sunset Beach Restaurant is right on the water with a beach front view from every angle and an amazing sunset. You must make reservation several weeks in advance (before Labor Day I would make reservations a month before). Get there really early, bring a towel, order some drinks and bring them onto the beach and enjoy the sunset. The food was good and service was excellent. The drinks were small but good.

Favorite Dish: Fish

• chodearm's Profile Photo

The Cheqit Inn Restaurant: Over friendly waiters

by chodearm Written Jun 16, 2005

no plastic flowers here, photo yuki

The wall paper was the first of many impressions this place made on me. Large floral print gave a beautiful epidermis to the room and the special wines were being highlighted on the center table, just asking for me to give tender loving care. The waiter and staff might have been a little over-attentive but I'm not complaining, matter of fact I'll cut that short. The wine list, almost a selection from each and every winery on the North Fork of Long Island wasrepresented, as well packed the more traditional French and Italian. Food as I have previously stated, turned into a word on a menu page from the nearest local surroundings. I remember a great Long Island duck when I taste one, and for this chef my memory is like I am twelve again. Very lucid. One of the finer Long Island restaurants here.

• Wine Tasting

• chodearm's Profile Photo

The Dory: Beerskis only for me.

by chodearm Updated Jun 15, 2005

Ethiopian bartender, photo Yuki

Dinner...maybe I should use the word SUPPER here. Ok Supper was to start at 6 pm so there was a wedge of time that needed to be filled. We returned from the 12 mile excursion through Mashomack with a hearty appetite and a thirst that was inflated too. Showers pulled the layer of grime from our skin and we than exited the Chequitt inn to hunt a beer down, pre-supper filler. The Dory looked stuck in the "we are just opening" moment. We dipped our heads in and our bodys followed straight to the wooden bar. Plopping cheeks to stool I odered a Toasted Lager by Blue Point and Yuki went with the hit-or-miss Bloody Mary. The Ethiopian ex-pat served it up while telling us the climate and mood of the Island in the off-season. The interior felt much like the innards of an old wooden sailboat. Occassionaly a local would drop in and all around new each other, Cheers displaced from Boston.

• Beer Tasting

Instant Answers: Shelter Island

Comments

Shelter Island Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Shelter Island restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Shelter Island sightseeing.

View all Shelter Island hotels