Shelter Island Transportation

• chodearm's Profile Photo

South Ferry

by chodearm Written Jun 15, 2005

car/ferry/water

The ferry that crosses over from the South Fork is also 10 dollars for the car. I only boarded to North Haven from Shelter Island using this route as my "FROM". I thought the views set forth on this side were more to my liking than the North Ferry, but this was aided in part by the sun baring itself. Off in the distance looking west the remnants of a bridge crumbling half submerged, answered alot of questions for me. There lye the reason this Island remains stuck in Long Island history.

• Sailing and Boating
    • Beaches

• chodearm's Profile Photo

North Ferry

by chodearm Updated Jun 15, 2005

My mind is tarnished. My memory is garbage, but if it is serving me right, I shelled out 10 dollars for a car to board. The trip is 10 minutes across, from Greenport to Shelter Island. Upon landing you will be in close proximity to Shelter Island Heights. Its not a large boat, so I will imagine in high-season there is a hefty line to board. It runs an average of every 15 minutes. Use this ferry one way and use the South Ferry for the other, to see all sides of Shelter Island.

• Beaches
    • Sailing and Boating

Instant Answers: Shelter Island

Comments

Shelter Island Transportation

Reviews and photos of Shelter Island transportation posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Shelter Island sightseeing.

View all Shelter Island hotels