Utica Warnings and Dangers

In the Ghettoooooo
    Corn Hill Again

Best Rated Warnings and Dangers in Utica

• nikola316's Profile Photo

Guess what??? CORN HILL AGAIN!!!!!

by nikola316 Written Feb 21, 2005

Corn Hill Again

To be frank, I don't think there is much to worry about in Utica except this area.

I have heard rumors (from old timers in Utica) of there being a Bosnian Mafia presence now, but I have my doubts.

I guess noone worried about us Italians until it became a stark reality though. Anything may be possible.

• Cruise
    • Casino and Gambling

• Cornhill -- Another View

by EileenK2 Written Dec 27, 2007

Corn Hill looks a lot worse than it is. The main problem is that it is abandoned and lonely at night. Eagle and Rutger Streets are the ones to stay off of at night. There are just too many empty lots.

I used to use James Street if I wanted to walk through Cornhill at night to reach Mohawk Street which is one of the few places in Utica with good shopping. No one ever bothered me. James Street is better lit and more inhabited.

Utica is a very depopulated city. Think third world. Corn Hill is more empty than anything else.

I lived in Utica (On the west side) for ten years from 1988 to 1998. Until Hannaford's opened on Seneca Turnpike, I used to buy my groceries every week on Mohawk Street. I still sometimes used the Mohawk Street shopping district when I needed to make a grocery run late at night after UTA buses ceased running.

• nikola316's Profile Photo

Corn Hill

by nikola316 Written Feb 21, 2005

In the Ghettoooooo

I guess there were more houses here at one time.

They turned into crack/ drug houses, so they were demolished.

All of the empty lots on the right of the photo were once homes.

What a pity.

• Casino and Gambling
    • Business Travel

Instant Answers: Utica

Comments

Utica Warnings and Dangers

Reviews and photos of Utica warnings and dangers posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Utica sightseeing.