Walden Travel Guide

decisions, decisions
    by moiraistyx
    Patrick and Richie in the corn maze
    by moiraistyx
    Richie two handing the pumpkins

Walden Things to Do

• haunted1030's Profile Photo

by haunted1030 Written Oct 17, 2008

Trish and I took the boys to Hodgon's Farm this past Monday. What a good time we all had. We started off on a hay ride up to a pumpkin patch. After we all chose the perfect pumpkin we went back down to the greenhouse where we found a hay maze, haunted house, corn maze, petting zoo and moon walk jumping thing. We stopped for some snacks which were very overpriced and really not very good, but the kids don't care if the pretzel is stale. This can be expensive as we found out, $6.50 for each of the boys and $8.50 for Trish and I. All together we spent $41 not including the cost of the snacks and the pumpkins. We'll probably skip this activity next year in lieu of some other less expensive hayride event.

Patrick and Richie in the corn maze 4 more images

by moiraistyx Written Oct 14, 2008

Walden isn't known for having a whole heck of a lot to do, but every year come October, you can bet that you will find thousands of folks visiting Hodgson's Farm for some good old Autumn Fun. Patrick and I first came her back in 2004. It was his first New York hayride. He had such a blast. We came back here this past weekend with Richie and the boys to start our own family traditions. There is a $6.50 per child fee and an $8.50 per adult fee. The fee includes a hay ride out to the pumpkin patch. The driver drops you off so you can head out in search of your perfect pumpkin. While you are out in the field the last group of folks snags your cart and runs off. The kids thought we were gonna have to walk back. Anyway, the pumpkins are not included in the fee, but they aren't terribly expensive, expect to pay about 50 cents per pound. When you get back to the main green house you will find one of those bouncy blow up things for the kids to jump on, a haunted house, straw maze, corn maze and petting zoo. The boys loved the animals, I really liked the fluffy geese. You can also get gourds while you are here, some squash, fall plants, decorations and novelties. This place is open year round so come back at Christmas for a tree and Poinsettia plants and during the Spring for your annuals.

• Walden Hotels

1 Hotels in Walden

35 Reviews and Opinions

Walden Hotels

Walden Restaurants

• cjg1's Profile Photo

by cjg1 Updated Apr 13, 2009

This is basically a hole in the wall local place to drink and grab a meal. I've met my Father here for lunch when I was passing through on my way home. Liz and I have met her friend here once since he lives in this town. Basically it's not a place you go unless you live here.

Favorite Dish: The food wasn't memorable but I do remember having mozarella sticks and onion rings with Liz.

Measured In Gray playing at Sweeney's, 2/22/08

by moiraistyx Updated Mar 17, 2008

My first trip to Sweeney's came last March when I met up with my friends Greg and Johnny (the lead singer from Measured In Grey). I arrived a bit early so I could get myself a beer to calm my nerves, cause contrary to popular belief, I do get a bit uptight after having had a stressful day at work. This was the night that I had Killian's for the very first time, it quickly became my favorite beer. What can we say about Sweeney's. It's a typical Irish pub with a little bit of flare. They often have live music on the weekends, one of my good friend's brother's band, Measured In Grey, plays here quite a bit. During the week it tends to be a bit slower here. I'm not sure how many different beers they serve here at Sweeney's, I just know its a lot. My fondest memory, or should I say my funniest memory of here was when Greg, Tiffany and I were stopping in to check out the band and they wanted a $10 cover charge, lucky for us, I had had a beer too many over at Dominick's and readily talked the bouncers into letting us in for free. Check the website for upcoming performances and a copy of their menu.

Favorite Dish: Irish Guinness Stew and the Bailey's Irish Cream Pie

• Beer Tasting

• Ask a Question

Got a question about Walden? Get an answer from our Location locals and frequent travelers

Walden Nightlife

Tiffany is in the RED

by moiraistyx Written Apr 24, 2008

It's been over a year since I've visited this absolutely fun place to be. Since my last visit, it's changed ownership and changed the name from Dominicks to East Side Bar and Grill. The same folks are still working there thank goodness including my friend Glen who is one of the bouncers there. When I come here, it's usually to see a live band or two get down. My friend Johnny's band, Measured In Grey, plays here often. The great thing about this place is that on Saturday nights its jamming. People pack into this place with barely room to stand especially when there's a live band. When there aren't bands here on a Saturday night there's a DJ. There is a decent menu here and great drinks and friendly staff. There is a bar area separte from where the bands and the DJ is so if you want to escape the music you can. There is a decent sized dance floor along with numerous amounts of tables for one to get off of their over danced feet.

This is the site of the famous incident where an ex of mind turned yellow and ran away with his tail between his legs and also the site of my picking up guys for my friend Tiffany. God that was a funny as hell night. It was also the night when I learned that Tiffany can drink like a fish and really hold her liquor

Dress Code: They have great chicken wings here.

• Study Abroad

Instant Answers: Walden

Comments

Walden Travel Guide
Map of Walden