West Nyack Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in West Nyack

Chili's Bar & Grill: Pretty decent place to grab some lunch

by Gypsystravels Updated Nov 13, 2013

Chili's is yet another chain restuarant found througout the states and in most shopping centers. Chili's is located on the top level of the shopping center where you will also find many of the other "chain" restaurants.

I was at the shopping center with my sister to purchase a few items for my new home at Crate & Barrel as well as Bed Bath & Beyond when she said she needed to get something to eat so we decided to come here and grab a quick lunch.

The restuarant is one of the most crowded, no matter what time you come, and that will attest to the fact that their food is quite decent. We were seated promptly under the open arcade area where you have a bird's eye view of the people walking by. We were handed our menus as we were seated and our waitress came over quickly to introduce herself and ask us if we had any questions.

My sister and I looked over the menu and decided to share one of their big bite combo dishes.

Favorite Dish: My sister and I shared a combo dish of big bites. We choose the two mini burgers, two chicken sandwiches and two buffallo sandwiches. The sizes were perfect for us to share.

Chevy's: Yummy Nachos

Nachos

Well, you gotta eat during a long shopping spree, so during this particular shopping day my daughter, sister, me and my grandson decided to come here to have our lunch.

Another "chain" restaurant, Chevy"s is one of my daughter's favorite places to grab some super yummy nachos!! The decor is quite nice and it does get crowded for dinner, but if you are here for a late lunch you won't usually have to wait for a table. They have a nice bar area if you rather grab a drink and something to eat there, but we always grab a table.

We were seated promptly at a really nice table where we were given our menus. The waitress came over and took our drink menu, leaving us to peruse the menu for our selections. My daughter wanted her usual nachos, which can feed a small army (just kidding, it is large enough for two or three people, though). My sister decided on the steak nachos, wow, these were quite good and also a large portion. I decided to have a chicken chimichanga which comes with rice and refried beans, salad and quac and sour cream. The portions here are very large, so you will always take a doggy bag home, like we did. My daughter also ordered a cranberry juice, while my sister and I each had a coke with Lemon. My grandson shared some of my rice and chicken. We ordered him an ice cream at the end of our meal.

We all enjoyed our selections and the dishes were all so yummy! We would definitely come back to eat here again!

Favorite Dish: My daughter had the nachos, which is piled high with cheese, beans, onions, tomatoes, and beef with a side of guac, she ate most of it, but took a small doggy bag home. My sister had the steak nachos where were nachos topped with steak and cheese, she also took her doggy bag home. I had the chicken chimichanga, a burrito filled with chicken, rice, refried beans deep fied and served with a side of rice, beans, salad, guac and sour cream and was way too much food for one person, so I took my doggy bag home with me as well.

• Beer Tasting

• Gypsystravels's Profile Photo

Stir Crazy: Craving some yummy Asian dishes!

Pu-Pu Platter

As usual, a shopping spree needs feuling, but we didn't want to do any of the other usual places we normally eat at, so we decided to try this place out.

An infusion of different types of Asian dishes ranging from Thai to Chinese, they have a large selection of dishes to choose from as well as being quite delicious. We are so happy we tried this place, not only is it quite inexpensive, the dishes are filling and tasty. Although this is also a "chain" restuarant you really couldn't tell.

The restuarant is quite nice with large chop sticks hanging from the ceiling holding food items as well as Asian inspired decorations. As you enter the restuarant there is a bar to the right with bar tables to the left and the dinning area is in the back. We were greeted and seated quite quickly at one of the booths in the back. Our waitress handed us our menus and took our drink orders and gave us a few minutes to make our selections. The menu is quite extensive with $8.88 lunch specials as well as a variety of other selections.

I decided to order the pu-pu platter to share while my daughter ordered the Mongolian beef from the specials and Linda had the Teriyaki Chicken. She also ordered a small portion of their mango creme brulee and my sister and I shared the banana wonton with caramel and ice cream!! The food was excellent and so was the dessert!!

The best part (aside from good service) was that prices of our selection, very afforadable. Our bill for three dishes, two desserts, two sodas and two cranberry juices was a total of $64, not bad at all!

Favorite Dish: My daughter ordered the Mongolian Beef, my sister had the Teriyaki Chicken and I ordered their pu-pu plater which came with three ribs, three spring rolls, three pot stickers, three chicken wings and an order of crispy noodles!!

My daughter and sister each shared my platter which was way too much for me.

• Wine Tasting

East Japanese Restaurant: Excellent Sushi

by Gypsystravels Updated Nov 13, 2013

Kristara and I were recently at the Palisades for a bit of a shopping spree when my daughter sugggested we check this place out. She loves sushi and any chance she gets prefers it.

We walked in and were seated at a booth in the back. We totally loved the restaurant with it's large selection of sushi, sashimi and typical Japanese dishes. The restaurant is a bit on the small side with tables at either side of the "sushi chef" area around the sushi conveyor belt. There is also a small sushi bar area in the front of the restuarant.

The restaurant has a very large selection of sushi, sashimi and typical Japanese dishes that you can either order from the menu as well as pick the sushi from the rotating conveyor belt.

My daughter loves her sushi and she loved the fact she could try out a few new items. She picked from the rotating conveyor belt a few of her favorites as well as a few new items. Each sushi dish is priced according to a colored plate. Prices range from $1.75 to $8.00.

Favorite Dish: We started with some shumai, one of our favorites. We decided to pick from the sushi conveyor belt the spicy tuna roll, crab meat roll, dragon roll and the spider roll. We also shared the Pork Katsu which was quite yummy.

We would definitely come back here to enjoy some of the yummy sushi next time we're at the Palisades.

• Wine Tasting
    • Beer Tasting

• Gypsystravels's Profile Photo

Cheesecake Factory: Decent food, but the cheesecakes are better!

Yummy oreo cheescake

Cheesecake Factory is a chain restaurant with decent food, but their crowning glory has to be their large variety of cheesecakes...Located on the 1st level of the shopping center this locations is tucked away from the other restuarants making it a good place to get away from the huge crowds that frequent them.

We were doing some shopping when my daughter decided she wanted something sweet, so we decided to come here and share a slice of cheesecake. We were promptly seated in a booth and handed menus, but we knew what we wanted. My daughter really likes the oreo cheesecake and that is what we ordered. We also had a milkshake to share. The service is good and prompt and we always leave here quite satisfied!

Favorite Dish: At this particular location my daughter and I shared the oreo cheescake, althought I love their version of the velvet chocolate cheesecake, which I have had in other locations. We shared it with a vanilla milkshake which was quite yummy!

Buffalo Wild Wings: Grabbing a Beer and Checking out the Yankees

by cjg1 Updated Sep 8, 2010

We really enjoy coming to Wild Wings to watch a sporting event or to just hang out and grab a snack or meal. We normally frequent the Port Chester location by our house or in New Rochelle. This location is convenient if you are visiting the Pallisades Mall (as we frequently do). Wild Wings is known for their Buffalo Wings that come in a variety of sauces and spice levels. Their bar food is quite good and we enjoy their Nachos and Cheeseburger sliders. They also have a nice selection of beers both on tap and in bottles. I can have my Miller Lite and Liz can enjoy a Stella.

We've always experinced good service and friendly staff in all locations and enjoy our visits.

Favorite Dish: Their nachos are extremely good. They have heaping amounts of cheese, beans, lettuce, meat and onions on top. Salsa and sour cream are served on the side. The cheeseburger sliders are three mini burgers served with french fries. They are alway very tasty and I like the side of fries. Washing it all down with a nice Miller Lite completes my experience.

A Bite to Eat When Shopping: The Cheesecake Factory

by cjg1 Updated Sep 8, 2010

Factory Nachos

We are often in the Pallisades Mall to shop or catch a movie so a meal or snack is usually in the cards. I am still surprised at how good the food is here for a chain restaurant. We often come here fo a Sunday Brunch before hitting the movies or a shopping spree. Depending on what we're in the mood for we can often just get appetizers and dessert or a meal and dessert. Sometimes dessert becomes the main meal in itself.....We love their desserts. I especially love the Strawberry Shortcake and Red Velvet Cheesecake. Liz normally orders their Apple Crisp. It's funny how we consider dessert as "food" or a "meal". They have very good Sunday Brunch items but the portions are huge. I've never been able to finish an entire portion of anything here.

The service here is always good and we always have a great time.

**I recently had the Stefanie's Ultimate Red Velvet Cheesecake...it's new on the menu. Slices of cheesecake are layered inbetween red velevt cake layers and cream cheese icing. The cake is frosted with cream cheese icing and white chocolate shavings. It was an incredible dessert and a great ending to Sunday Brunch.**

Favorite Dish: The deserts here are excellent. The Strawberry Shortcake has three huge mounds of vanilla ice cream between a buttermilk biscuit , topped with strawberries and whiped cream. The portion is huge and it is insanely good. I have also found their Tiramisu quite good and have enjoyed it frequently here. My recent favorite is the Red Velvet Cheesecake. Liz normally orders their Apple Crisp. The apple crisp is a large portion of yummy apples with streusel cinnamon topping and caramel sauce. Two huge mounds of vanilla ice cream and whipped cream sit on top of the dessert.I When Liz feels like a change she'll get the Brownie Sundae or the Dutch Apple Streussel Cheesecake. It's funny how we consider dessert as "food" or a "meal.

They have very good Sunday Brunch items but the portions are huge. I've never been able to finish an entire portion of anything here. The Morning Quesadilla and the French Toast Napoleon are my favorite Brunch items. Liz loves the factory burger which is very large and served on a crunchy sour dough loaf withh onions, tomatoes and cheese with a side of fries. We also love the appetizers and have been known to eat an appetizer instead of an entree as a meal. The Factory Nachos are outrageously good and piled high with cheese, onions, salsa, sour cream and guacamole. The warm spinach dip is incredibly good and served with crunch tortilla chips. The calamari are quite tasty and a large portion. The avocado egg rolls are insanely good and a must try. The sliders remind me of White Castle Burgers so if you like White Castle you'll enjoy these. I recently had the orange chicken which was very good but not what I expected.

Their Tropical Unsweetened Ice Tea is our favorite beverage and come with free refills. The vanilla milkshakes are very tasty and thick. The warm apple cider here is also quite nice and I have enjoyed it while having my brunch. Liz is a big fan of the Strawberry Dacquri, Frozen Belini, Margaritas and their cappucino.

Chevy's Fresh Mex: TASTEY TEX MEX

The Fajita Burrito

This is my and Richie's favorite place to eat when visiting the Pallisades. We've been here twice now and each time loved, loved, loved our food. The first visit we had the most awesome waitress. She was very attentive and prompt. the second time our waitress was a bit on the slow side and took forever to get anything. We didn't tip her very well. This is a family friendly restaurant that also serves a wide variety of Tequilla's. They had a $40 a shot tequilla on the menu, imagine that. Richie and I both really like the lights in the place as well as they fact that they make their own tortillas fresh.

Favorite Dish: I loved the fajita buritto made with carnitas and Richie love the chicken fajitas. The fire roasted salsa is very good and so is the guacamole which is made at your table to your preference.

The Cheesecake Factory: YUMMY CHEESECAKE AND THEY HAVE FOOD TOO

by moiraistyx Updated Aug 3, 2009

This is the place to go if you love cheesecake. I like it, but unfortunately can't eat it. I did stop and get my mother a piece as a thank you for watching Patrick while Richie and I took some much needed grown up time. My mom loved her little slice of heaven proclaiming it was second best only to the chocolate pumpkin cheesecake that I make.

Richie and I haven't eaten here, but we ate at one in Massachusetts. The menus don't vary much from place to place when it come to this national chain so my guess is that the food quality shouldn't alter much either.

TCBY: YUMMY FROZEN YOGURT

by moiraistyx Updated Aug 3, 2009

I am not an ice cream lover in any sense of the word, but our boys adore it. We stopped one day for a treat at TCBY. Patrick got chocolate ice cream with peanut butter cups in it and Sebastian got vanilla with gummy bears. Gryphone and Hammy got some bright blue concoction that turned their lips and tongues bright blue. They really seemed to love their frozen treats.

Dave and Buster's: REALLY EXPENSIVE VIDEO GAMES

by moiraistyx Updated Apr 15, 2009

Patrick, Thaddeus and Sebastian

What adult or child isn't going to love going to Dave and Busters. Richie and I have been here on three occasions, twice with all the boys and once with just Patrick. We've always sat in the back by the games that way Patrick can watch people play his favorite game, House of the Dead. We usually get the eat and play deal which adds a $10 game card to the price of your meal for a few dollars extra. Patrick always gets the chicken strips but I like to try something new each time I go. So far I've had the chicken strips, a huge burger and the fish and chips. I usually order the unsweetened iced tea and let the boys get a fountain drink. After you've eaten get up and enjoy the games. The games on one side are really expensive anywhere from 4 to 12 tokens a piece while the games on the other side are anywhere from 2-6 tokens a piece. The games on the 2-6 token side also give tickets which you can trade in for prizes when you are done. I love the Sea Wolf game, I am able to get Patrick lots of tickets that way, usually 40-50 each time I swipe my card. Patrick likes to play the skee ball and the Lets Make a Deal game. He also like Sea Wolf cause Patrick like his mother has deadly aim with a torpedo.

Favorite Dish: The last time we went I had the fish and chips. It was really good. The fish was well cooked and flaky not dry. It wasn't oily like many fried fish dishes tend to be. The tarter sauce was different than any other I've had before, but it was really good.

Jamba Juice: Frozen Fruity Concoctions

by cjg1 Written Mar 10, 2009

Jamba Juice is one of Liz's favorite things in the Palisades Mall. She loves their frozen fruit juice concoctions and has to get one whenever we go shopping. Jamba Juice has a varity of juice blends to suite just about any palate.

Favorite Dish: Liz enjoys the Strawberry Surf Rider which is lime sherbert blended with strawberries and orange juice. It is very good but I couldn't drink the whole container...the lime sherbert is a bit too tangy after a few sips.

Instant Answers: West Nyack

Comments

West Nyack Restaurants

Reviews and photos of West Nyack restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for West Nyack sightseeing.