West Nyack Shopping

Richie surprised me with these
    that's a lot of LEGOS
  • Shopping

Most Recent Shopping in West Nyack

• cjg1's Profile Photo

Willams Sonoma: Now that's a Knife....

by cjg1 Updated Sep 9, 2010

Williams Sonoma is a favorite store for my wife and I. My wife loves to cook; she can find everything she wants here from pots, pans, appliances, kitchen utensils, tableware, specialty foods and knives. Even though I don't cook; I love looking at the gear and gadgets.

Restoration Hardware: Home Accents and Furnishings

by cjg1 Updated Sep 8, 2010

Restoration Hardware has a little bit of everything when you want to decorate your home: bedding, curtains, bath towels, mirrors, etc. Over the years we have found some excellent items to brighten up our home.

Recently the store wa renovated and I can honestly say we are not thrilled. The items seem so boring and lacking in color. If it continues in this way; I don't see any purchases from here in our future.

Barnes & Noble: Books on Every Subject

by cjg1 Updated Sep 8, 2010

Barnes & Noble is a chain of book stores that carry every type of book from children's, cooking, travel, fiction, newspapers, even CD, DVD's and accessories.

Although I have a kindle I still enjoy "real" books especially travel books and guides. Barnes & Noble is always a first stop when I am interested in finding a book for an upcoming trip. This particular location has a decent travel section and I have found several good guides, maps and books over the years.

What to buy: Our last visit to Barnes & Noble I found the latest DK book for an upcoming trip.

Yankee Candle: Candles, Candles, Candles

by cjg1 Updated Sep 7, 2010

Yanke Candle is always a favorite stop for us when we are in the Pallisades Mall. We both love their candles, votives and home fragrances. I must admit I do get a headache after spending prolonged amounts of time in the store; the sents can bee too overpowering.

Some of our favorite fragrances are trawberry Fields, Beach Holiday, Cinnamon Stick, French Vanilla, Harvest and Pumpkin Spice.

Bed, Bath & Beyond: Homewares

by cjg1 Written Sep 7, 2010

Bed, Bath & beyond is a retail store that specializes in products for the home. They carry everything for the kitchen, bath, bedroom and for entertaining. There are small kitchen appliances, dinnerware, comforter sets, bath towels, furniture, candles and more. There is a large selection of items in every price range and to fit every budget.

We often find ourselves in one of these stores to pick up something for the house. I prefer the store in Elmsford since they have a larger and more varied selection of items.

What to buy: Sadly, nothing this visit but we found what we needed in their Elmsford location.

• Gypsystravels's Profile Photo

Bed, Bath & Beyond: Picking up some items for our new home

by Gypsystravels Updated Nov 20, 2009

Honestly, I really don't shop much at this store but recently I needed to pick up a few small items for my new home and I was in the shopping center and decided to stop by to see if they had what I was looking for.

The store is laid out pretty well with similar items lumped together. They carry a very large selection of house hold goods like kitchen items and gadgets, everything you need for your bath including co-ordinated shower curtains, towels, soup dishes, etc. and they also carry a large selection of bath towels and rugs. They have some nice bedding ensambles (sheets, pillow cases, comforters and matching curtains.) as well as picture frames, photo albums, candles, wall art, mirrors and small furniture like end tables, closets, lamps and other type items. You'll also find seasonal items like summer bbq items and Christmas decorations.

What to buy: I purchased a few picture frames, a vase, a some kitchen gadgets.

What to pay: Anywhere from inexpensive to expensive

• Gypsystravels's Profile Photo

Barns & Noble: My favorite bookstore

by Gypsystravels Updated Nov 20, 2009

I love reading and I always enjoy some time at the book store just looking over their aisle and aisle of books. I use to come specifically to the Palisades to come to this bookstore as it always had a nice selection of New York themed books which were good for gift giving.

This Barns & Noble is quite large, and you will find they stock all the lastest books, cds, movies, magazine section, scrap booking items, calendars and journals as well as other reading items.

One of my favorite sections is of course the travel section. I would come here and spend hours just reading perusing all the books of places either I was dreaming of visiting or actually visitng at the time. I also enjoy looking through the aisle with all the wonderful cook books as well as the home decorating section.

They have a Starbucks here as well as a children's section with a great selection of books and

What to buy: I recently bought a journal for my next trip as well as a new DK travel book. I picked up a "potty training" book for Leo as well as some stickers :)

Fuzziwigs Candy Factory: LOTS AND LOTS OF CANDY

by moiraistyx Updated Aug 3, 2009

Every time we go to the Palisades Mall we make a pit stop with the boys into Fuzzywigs. They have all sorts of candy and treats for those of us with a sweet tooth to choose from. Richie and I were nuts about the M&M candies in black and orange. I've tried a couple of things from here, most recently chocolate covered pretzels and chocolate covered graham crackers. I have to say the the graham crackers are absolutely yummy.

What to buy: candy

What to pay: ????

Rocky Mountain Candy Company(CLOSED): A Bit Dissapointed

by cjg1 Updated Aug 3, 2009

The Rocky Mountain Candy Company is a national chain that carries chocolates, fudge, caramel apples, boxed chocolates and other candies. Liz and I are familar with this store in Dallas and in Sedona. We have loved their specialty dipped apples in the past so we were excited to see this store in the Pallisades Mall.

Liz bought a regular caramel apple for $4.95. It looked good but upon biting into it...Liz wasn't happy. The apple was too musy and the caramel was grainy. She was not happy and threw out the apple after three bites. Maybe it was just one bad apple or the person who made them that day. I told her not to give up and the next time we are here we will try again.

What to pay: Dipped apples can range from $4.95 for a regular caramel to $8.95 for a Rocky Road Caramel Apple.

Build A Bear: AS IF WE DIDN'T HAVE ENOUGH STUFFED ANIMALS

by moiraistyx Updated Apr 16, 2009

Our boys can't walk past a Build-A-Bear store without at least a little browsing. They love to check out the latest and greatest bear, cat, dog, monkey, lion, tiger. I really enjoy the seasonal animals they offer like the bear with hearts for Valentines Day or the bear with Shamrocks for St. Patrick's Day. My one and only Build-A-Bear bear is the shamrock bear. Richie got it for me last Spring just cause he was thinking of me and he knew I had never had anyone make me a bear. Yup he's sappy and sweet like that. Patrick now has 2 animals a bear and a floppy ear rabbit. The clerks have cute little things they make kids do as they fill and fluff the animals. One of them is to have them kiss a little heart before they put it in the animal. After your animal is stuffed and sewn together you can take it over to the air shower and fluff him up. There are loads of outfits and accessories for you to chose from. Prices can range from a few dollars to over $20 so watch out. The last step is to make a certificate for the animal. This is where you or you child can name the animal.

This store is open Monday through Saturday 10 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. and Sunday 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.

What to buy: any of the cute animals that catch your eye

What to pay: The cheapest bear starts at $10 without any clothes or accessories.

DSW: SHOES, SHOES, SHOES-DID I SAY SHOES

by moiraistyx Updated Apr 16, 2009

I am without a doubt a shoe junkie. I have actually gotten my shoe habit under control and manage to purchase only 2 new pairs of shoes each season. When I go shoe shopping I like to visit places that offer a wide variety by various designers. I have a wide foot and often find it difficult to find shoes that are comfortable and attractive. I tend to shop for shoes at DSW because they offers hundreds of pairs of shoes and I don't have to wait for a worker to fetch different sizes for me from the back of the store. The handy thing about this store is that they have the shoes displayed above the sizes they have available. If a size doesn't fit try the next size up or down without having to wait for someone to run in the back and get it. Each time I go I try on anywhere from 10-50 pairs of shoes. This last time I just quickly walked down the aisles to see what was new, Richie and I had all 4 children in tow, not a good combination for shoe shopping. DSW carries shoes, handbags and accessories from over 50 different brands and makers.

Sun 11am-7pm, Mon-Sat 10am-9:30pm

What to buy: SHOES

What to pay: I usually pay anywhere from 30-50 for name brand shoes.

RobotGalaxy: THE TECHY VERSION OF BUILD A BEAR

by moiraistyx Updated Apr 16, 2009

I have to admit that I initially thought this was a great idea, but after browsing through the store and seeing a robot all put together, I think it is a huge waste of money. The concept is kind of like build a bear only you are building a robot. They have different body styles and colors as well as various arms, legs and other accessories that you can add to your robot to make it yours. Each piece and style has a different price making it possible to build a robot costing more than $50. They pieces are made from plastic and appear very flimsy. One good drop and your robot is done for.

What to buy: If you insist on building one, buy the cheapest pieces possible

What to pay: A finished Robot can cost anywhere from $30 and up

THE LEGO STORE: WE REALLY LOVE OUR LEGOS

by moiraistyx Updated Apr 16, 2009
    OMG dad, look at the bionicles

With four little boys and one big boy in my household, if there is anything we have a lot of its LEGOS. Between the 5 of them we must have near 10,000 LEGO pieces. So of course when we saw a LEGO store we had to go in it. We wouldn't let the boys buy anything from here since it was much more expensive than the same sets in WalMart, but it was fun to browse through the displays. Patrick fell in love with every single Star Wars display in the store and Sebastian drooled over the Bionicles. I just enjoyed watching the 5 of them act like kids in a candy store. Richie and the boys stopped back her about a month later and brought me back the Mrs. Lego cup as a surprise. Richie further surprised me when he later brought out the matching Mr. Lego cup, to make it a set. They have a table for the little ones to build their own designs. I hear they also host birthday parties here. That would be a lot of fun for my boys.

Store Hours:
    Monday - Saturday 10:00am - 9:30pm
    Sunday 11:00am - 7:00pm

What to buy: LEGOS LEGOS LEGOS LEGOS LEGOS LEGOS LEGOS LEGOS LEGOS

What to pay: the sets here are more expensive than they are in your local WalMart, but if you need a stray piece or two that got lost, check out the bins on the back wall, they charge by the piece

White House Black Market: Party Dresses and Clothing for Ladies

by cjg1 Written Apr 13, 2009

This is one of Liz's favorite stores to pick up a party dress or some nice outfit. The store carries a variety of pants, skirts, jackets, blouses, dresses, shoes and other ladies accesories. The store mainly carries items that are black and white but on occasion there is a splash of color in one of the fabrics. The staff is always helpful and I always find something for my baby girl to wear.

What to buy: Anything from a bracelt to a party dress

What to pay: Affordable. Most dresses are $158-179. Most blouses and tops range from $69-$120.

Victoria's Secret: SEXY LINGERIE THAT REALLY ISN'T WORTH THE PRICE

by moiraistyx Written Apr 13, 2009

When I was younger, in my early 20's, I used to frequent just about every Victoria's Secret store there was. For some strange reason the terms sexy and quality just didn't belong in the same sentence when describing any type of clothing item bought from this chain of stores. I stop into Victoria's Secret on a regular basis to look for some new sexy bra or panties to tantalize my Richie. Unfortunately they don't usually carry my bra size, a 34 D. I do have better luck ordering online from them. I also learned a tough lesson when ordering swimwear from Victoria's Secret. It's really pretty to look at but not really made for actual swimming, snorkeling or any other water sport. The other thing about clothing, undies, bras, teddies etc. from here is that they aren't made to worn on a day to day basis. They are really sexy and nice to look at, but they tend to be made of low quality materials, fasteners, hooks etc and tend to be mass produced resulting in bad stitching. My suggestion is to shop here for items you intend to only wear once or twice and shop elsewhere for items you want to last.

What to buy: anything that makes you feel sexy. Ask the girls to fit you for a bra. You will be surprised to find you are probably wearing the wrong bra size.

What to pay: Buy what's on sale if possible, otherwise you will get ripped off.

Instant Answers: West Nyack

Comments

West Nyack Shopping

Reviews and photos of West Nyack shopping posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for West Nyack sightseeing.