West Nyack Things to Do

Most Recent Things to Do in West Nyack

• Gypsystravels's Profile Photo

Mechanical Rides for the little ones

by Gypsystravels Updated Nov 13, 2013

One of the reasons why this shopping center is one of our favorite is not only the shopping, but the entertainment. We always have my grandson in tow so having an outlet for any small child is a good thing.

Throughout the shopping center there are a host of things for the kiddies to do, including these mechanical rides. These mechanical rides range from cars, to trucks, to animals, which just move forward, back, up, down but my granson loves them and so do the many other children that come to the shopping center with their parents.

The rides are a bit on the expensive side, $1 each for about a minute of movement. They even have a change machine where you can get your quarters if you don't have any.

We take turns (my sister, my daughter and me) keeping my grandson occupied while the others do a bit of shopping. I've spent on average about $7 keeping my little boy busy!

Robot Galaxy

by Gypsystravels Updated Nov 13, 2013

Keychain robots

Just like Build-A-Bear, this store specializes in "making your own" robot!! We were walking by the store when something caught my daughter's eye, so we decided to check it out. My grandson instantly ran towards the robots and was playing with all the ones that are displayed.

The concept is interesting, you build your own robot from it's head to its legs mixing and matching all the choices. The robots can be quite pricey ranging from $29.99 to about $60.

You can even choose to have a birthday party here, which is a cute and unique way of celebrating that little boys special day.

We walked out with a "keychain" version of a robot for my grandson.

Palisades Center

by moiraistyx Updated Apr 4, 2011

I have only been to West Nyack on a handful of occasions and each of those times was to go shopping and to visit Dave and Busters. This mall is huge, 4 stories not including the parking garage. I'm not sure how many stores there are, but its gotta be more than 100. There is a huge food court and lots of restaurants to visit while here. There is also a ferris wheel, merry go round, ice skating rink and an imax. There is at least one arcade that I've seen. Whether you need shoes, sporting goods or toys, this mall has everything you are gonna want or need. Be prepared to walk a lot so wear comfortable shoes.

IMAX Theatre

by Gypsystravels Updated Nov 24, 2009

Entrance to the thetre!

Palisades is littered with many forms of entertainment. The IMAX theatre is just one of them. The theatre is located on the top level where you'll find all the restaurants and other forms of entertainment.

The IMAX theatre is a good and fun way to see a movie!! If you know you want to catch a movie, you can purchase your tickets in advance, on line!!

• Theater Travel

The Carousel

by Gypsystravels Updated Nov 24, 2009

Carousel

The Carousel is located on the food court level and is just another form of keeping the little ones (and adults too I guess) entertained.

It's a really nice carousel and there is usually a nice line with kids waiting to get on. I have yet to put Leo on the carousel since we usually spend our money on the mechanical rides, but I am sure he'll eventually ask to get on. The price of the carousel is $2 per ride.

ICE SKATING IN THE MALL

by moiraistyx Written Apr 15, 2009

Not only does the Palisade Center have a Ferris Wheel and a Merry-Go-Round, it also has an ice rink. We didn't go skating because Richie's boys had never gone and we thought it too much to try to teach them and not fall on our butts ourselves. We did stop in and watch some of the other skaters for a bit. It looked like lots of fun. There is a $7 fee for each adult and $5 fee for each child to use the rink. I didn't see anything about skate rentals so you should call ahead.

THE MERRY-GO-ROUND AT PALISADES CENTER

by moiraistyx Updated Apr 15, 2009

Patrick on his horse

Another great break from all the walking you are bound to do while at the Palisades Center is the Merry-Go-Round. Patrick is a ride freak and absolutely loves to ride this every chance I give him. I have to admit that I do not dare hop on the merry-go-round out of pure fear of puking on my shoes. If you don't experience motion sickness I say grab the kids and hop on. Make sure you take pictures. The horses are very pretty as are most horses on merry-go-rounds. This ride like the Ferris Wheel isn't expensive, $2 per person per ride.

FERRIS WHEEL AT THE PALISADES CENTER

by moiraistyx Updated Apr 15, 2009

Each and every time we go to the Palisades Center Patrick begs me to ride the Ferris Wheel. Most times I am happy to oblige him on his request. The only problem is that he is a big chicken and won't ride it alone, so of course I have to ride with him. When I was a kid I loved these things but now, they make me motion sick. But I am a good mommy and I suck it up and climb aboard. The ride itself isn't expensive, $2 per person and it lasts about 2 minutes. Each time we've ridden we've gotten stopped at the top so they could load and unload other riders. Patrick loves this cause he looks over and waves to Richie and the boys. Riding the Ferris Wheel is also a good way to just take a little break from all the walking.

• cjg1's Profile Photo

IMAX

by cjg1 Written Dec 12, 2008

If you have an opportunity to see a movie in IMAX, take it. A movie is IMAX is so much better than a regular movie screen. My first experience at IMAx was when we saw 300. It was an awesome movie to see in IMAX and it hooked me.

**They can and frequently run out of tickets for particular movies so make sure to plan ahead and buy tickets early.**

• cjg1's Profile Photo

Palisades Center

by cjg1 Written Dec 12, 2008

The Palisades is a huge mall filled with retail stores, restaurants and entertainment. You could easy spend the day here shopping, grabbing a meal and checking out a movie. There is something here for every type of shpping budget. It's rare for us to walk out empty handed.

**I especially enjoy seeing a movie at the IMAX theatre**

Some of the places we frequent here are:
    Best Buy
    Cheesecake Factory
    Legal Seafood
    IMAX

Instant Answers: West Nyack

Comments

West Nyack Things to Do

Reviews and photos of West Nyack things to do posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for West Nyack sightseeing.