West Point Restaurants

by danmcf

Most Recent Restaurants in West Point

Thayer Hotel: Historic

by apbeaches Updated Oct 15, 2008

Scenic & beautiful restaurant on the grounds of West Point. Service was excellent, food was good & relatively reasonable. The views of the Hudson River are the rage here!

Favorite Dish: Brunch buffet is reasonable & good. I have enjoyed the fresh seafood dinners.

Ice Cream Parlor: Outside West Point Gate

by apbeaches Written Oct 14, 2008

Small ice cream shop with some West Point souvenirs. Line moved quickly and the tables outside turned over as well. Boys noticed that the servers did not wear gloves & handled the ice cream & money with the same hands. However, it didn't stop us from enjoying...

Favorite Dish: Delish flavors, hot fudge was amazing, no one was disappointed nor was a drop left over.

West Point Pizza: Casual near West Point

by apbeaches Updated Oct 13, 2008

Typical pizza shop. We were the only ones at a table but cadet's & children ordered pies & slices to go. We ordered and waited about :30 for lunch. We were given 3 out of 4 lunch orders. Bathroom could have been cleaner & paper towels would have been nice. Teens said it was the worst & would never go back.

Favorite Dish: I ordered a gyro which never came. My husband ate his pepperoni slices & wasn't impressed. One child had an eggplant pan pizza that he barely ate; saying it was the worst. The other ordered Buffalo Chicken pan pizza & said it was missing hot sauce & the cold blue cheese on chicken strips wasn't good.

• cruisingbug's Profile Photo

The Hotel Thayer: Grand Buffets

by cruisingbug Updated Feb 2, 2004

The Hotel Thayer, on the grounds of West Point, is a destination in itself. As a friend said, it's like eating in a castle. Although a menu is available, we've only tried the buffets.

Favorite Dish: The Sunday brunch has been voted the best in the Hudson Valley, and for good reason. Great variety, high quality, great service. In the summer you may sit out on the terrace overlooking the Hudson River.
    Friday nights the Thayer has a Seafood and Chocolate Festival that's not to be missed! Along with fish, fried seafood, crab legs, shrimp cocktail, sushi, pasta dishes and salads, there is a mountain of desserts. Just pull me up a chair to the dessert table!! You can dip your own strawberries in chocolate or just pile a plate high with a diabetic nightmare (it's okay ONCE in a while!).

• danmcf's Profile Photo

Here's the Dining Hall, this...

by danmcf Written Oct 4, 2002

Here's the Dining Hall, this is where the whole Cadet Corp takes its meals -all in one sitting. We sat at tables of 8 to 10 cadets, and as a Plebe (freshman) we served the upperclassmen at our table, made sure our eyes didn't leave the 'physical confines' of our table, and of course ate our meals at attention.
    You can tell I took this picture during 'Joe College' night. Normally we took all meals in uniform, but on Friday's before a home football game things loosened up a bit.

Favorite Dish: It wasn't really my favorite item on the menu, but I did drink a bottle of A-1 Steak Sauce one exuberant evening.
    This happened before actually attending the Academy. I performed this feat while visiting as a student of the U.S.M.A. Prep School - at the time I think it was some sort of misplaced attempt at being 'Machismo'.

Instant Answers: West Point

Comments

West Point Restaurants

Reviews and photos of West Point restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for West Point sightseeing.