West Point Warnings and Dangers

Most Recent Warnings and Dangers in West Point

• KARLPORTER56's Profile Photo

HWY 9W Scenic Route Beware of tailgaters.

by KARLPORTER56 Updated Feb 15, 2006

This is a suprisingly beautiful scenic drive heading towards Newburgh from West Point..or to West Point depending on how you are travelling.. The natural reaction is to look especially if you have never driven on this road before and as we were visiting West Point for the first time we had no idea this road existed.. An Unbelievable scenic drive, among the best I have ever seen..Only one spot to pullover on the entire stretch.. This is New York and New Yorkers are New Yorkers not everyone is out sightseeing on this highway.. We were tailgated dangerously close on the entire drive until we found the pullover point about half way.. so just be cognizant of that while driving..It is one of the most scenic drives I have ever been on in my life though.. The pullover is very small also.. fortunately we must have been the only sightseer's that day..

• bokononist's Profile Photo

I'm not sure about the...

by bokononist Written Oct 5, 2002

I'm not sure about the specifics, but my understanding is that security around West Point is higher now after 9/11. I think they are probably stricter about tours and letting people onto the grounds, so you may want to call the visitor's center a few days before you go.

Instant Answers: West Point

Comments

West Point Warnings and Dangers

Reviews and photos of West Point warnings and dangers posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for West Point sightseeing.