Elements, White Plains

161 Mamaroneck Avenue 914-358-4930

Know about this? Rate It!

• cjg1's Profile Photo

Elements: Holiday Happy Hour

by cjg1 Updated Dec 18, 2009

One of Liz's co-workers entered them in a Radio contest for a free Happy Hour and won. So off we headed to Elements for our Holiday Happy Hour. Parking was a bit of a nightmare due to it being Christmas time and the shoppers all head to White Plains. After twenty five minutes of searching for parking we found a spot about 5 blocks down from the bar.

The Bar is two levels with a restuarnt/large bar area on the first floor and a rooftop bar area. We were excorted upstairs to their rooftop area which was enclosed for the winter but still a bit frigid. There was a table set up with crudites, a large fruit and cheese platter and some hot penne with sausage and peppers. We were handed free drink vouchers and well as additional vouchers for free appetizers.

We had a seat at the bar and began to order drinks. Liz ordered a Margarita on the Rocks with Salt and I had a club soda since I was the designated driver that evening. After looking over the menu we decided to order some pizzettes and lobster nachos to share with some of the group. Our appetizers arrived in ten minutes and were a nice sized portion. The lobster nachos were interesting with large chunks of Lobster meat and smothered in cheese and tomato. The pizzettes were triangles of flatbread covered in cheese, basil and tomato. Both appetizers were very good and filling enough that I didn't head to the buffet table. Liz had some of the cheese and the penne which she said was very tasty.

It was a nice time hanging out and relaxing while on someone else's dime. I doubt I would have come here on my own since the crowd downstairs was a mix of snobbish Westchester types and some wanna be thugs.

Instant Answers: White Plains