City Limits Diner, White Plains

• Gypsystravels's Profile Photo

City Limits: City Limits

by Gypsystravels Updated Nov 13, 2013

Waffles with fresh berries

I recently returned to this diner (1/09) with my sister, daugther and grandson for some breakfast before a shopping excursion. It really isn't a favorite diner of mine as the food is quite expensive not to mention the fact that the diner is always packed.

We waited for about 15 minutes before we were seated even though we spotted a few tables that were available. With that said, the food is usually quite good here.

The diner is quite large with your typical diner food. They have a pretty good selection of breakfast items, as well as sandwiches, salads, burgers and other hot items. We were here for some breakfast.

After spending about $75 on breakfast for 3, I'll definitely skip this place next time!

Favorite Dish: I have had their grilled mozzarella cheese on wheat toast with a side of fries and a fountain coke with a wedge of lemon. Kris had a green salad (this was during her vegatarian stage) and Nicky had a cheesburger deluxe which comes with a side of fries, lettuce and tomatoe with onions.

During this last visit my duaghter and I both had the waffles with fresh berries and my sister had eggs sunny side up, bacon and home fries. I had some coffee so did my sister while my daughter had a shake which my grandson loved.

• cjg1's Profile Photo

City Limits Diner: Quite Good, Not Quite a Favorite

by cjg1 Updated Sep 29, 2009

Hash & Eggs

Liz and I have been to the two locations of City Limits (White Plains & Stamford). The diner looks like a retro 1950's place with chrome like accents and and green booths. They have some typical diner favorites and well as more ecclectic and upscale versions. City Limits is definitely pricey but we both like the food here. The service here is very good and the portions are a nice size. It can get pretty packed here on the weekends so we stick to weekdays.

The menu here as the typical diner fare with decent sized portions but they tend to be a bit pricey compared to an average local diner.

Favorite Dish: I really like their hash and eggs for breakfast or brunch. The cheeseburger and onion rings always makes fro a good lunch or dinner. The hot cocoa is always a favorite of mine for breakfast with lots of whipped cream floating on top. I like their milkshakes, very thick and creamy; the vanilla or strawberry are my favorites.

Liz normally gets a grilled cheese on focacia and some onion rings for lunch or dinner. The onion rings are very big and have a nice breading to them, which we both love. For breakfast she's a creature of habit and orders the pancakes and bacon. They have real maple syrup and that matters to her for sure. The diner serves chocolate egg creams which she says are "done the right way"; I don't know I din't grow up drinking them nor do I like them.

Instant Answers: White Plains

Comments

Hotels Near City Limits Diner
4.0 out of 5 stars