Iron Tomato, White Plains

Different Italian sauces
  • cjg1's Profile Photo

Iron Tomato: A Favorite of My In-Laws

by cjg1 Updated May 23, 2013

Iron Tomato is a mish mosh of restaurant,market and bakery. My wife and I first were introduced to Iron Tomato by her parents. When they moved to White Plains they found that Iron Tomato had some of the Italian specialties my Father in Law so loved without heading down to the Bronx. My Father in law loved motoring here in his wheelchair scooter to pick up a sandwich, some groceries and pastry.

We have eaten here several times and always found the food to be quite good. Their pizzas are very nice with thin crispy crusts. The sandwiches are very good and filling. I personally love their Tiramisu; only my Mother In Law makes a better one. My wife loves their French Napoleons which are enormous and very good.

We recently found ourselves here after enjoying a Mother's Day Brunch down the street. We stopped in for some desserts to take back to Marie's house. We ordered a Tiramisu, Small Apple Pie, Mini Fruit Tart and a French Napoleon. The desserts are just so good here; I love stopping in whenever we are in the area.

• Gypsystravels's Profile Photo

Iron Tomato: Italian Food Specialty Market

by Gypsystravels Updated Apr 21, 2009

Different Italian sauces

Although not quite a restaurant I decided to include The Iron Tomato under this category because you can sit and enjoy a pizza, prepared foods, pastries, coffee/espresso or some yummy gelato.

It’s a really nice looking shop with mostly Italian specialty ingredients (although you will also find some excellent French or Spanish items), as well as a full-service grocery store with a fish counter, huge cheese selections, a butcher, a pizza oven, gelati, pastry counter and some prepared foods.

Although not large, it has some excellent imported items which are hard to find in your local grocery store.

Instant Answers: White Plains