Planet Pizza, White Plains

3.5 out of 5 stars 2 Reviews

290 Tarrytown Rd (914) 686-3150

• Planet Pizza
    by cjg1
    My delicious grandma slice :)
    by Gypsystravels
  • Planet Pizza
    by Gypsystravels
  • Gypsystravels's Profile Photo

Planet Pizza: Great delivery close to Kris' new home

by Gypsystravels Updated Nov 13, 2013

My delicious grandma slice :)

My daughter and her husband love Planet Pizza and usually order from here when we want some really good yummy pizza.

The restaurant is quite small with a few small tables if you prefer to eat it here, but we usually place our order and then have it delivered.

Their individual slices are huge and they have a very large selection of toppings to please just about anyone. The grandma pizza is amazing and I love to order it when I just stop by for a slice. They also have a large selection of Italian dishes as well like variations of pasta including the typical baked ziti, spagetti with marinara sauce, tortellini and of course all sorts of hot hero sandwiches like meatball hero, chicken parmigiana, veal parmigina and some really yummy antipasta salad.

Favorite Dish: We usually order a large pizza pie 1/2 with mushrooms and onions and the other half with pepperoni and sausage (my son-in-law's favorite) we have also had their buffalo wings which are quite yummy as well as calzones (the cheese is my favorite). The chicken roll is also a favorite of mine.

Their sicilian pizza is excellent as well as their white pizza, yum!!

• cjg1's Profile Photo

Planet Pizza: Grandma's Pizza

by cjg1 Written May 12, 2009

Planet Pizza is a chain that showcases Pizza and Italian dishes. They have several Connecticut locations as well as this White Plains location. This was my first time at this location. We had just been in Barnes & Noble and decided to grab a pizza to take home. We normally frequent the Greenwich or Stamford location of this chain (but this happend to be right in front of us). The place is on the small side with a few booths, counter for ordering and some soda coolers. The menu has a variety of tradtional and specialty pizzas as well as salads, calzones, pasta and italian meals. We are familar with their menu so we knew ahead of time what we wanted. We placed an order for a grandma's pizza and were told it would be a 25 minute wait(not bad). We grabbed something to drink and had a seat. After what seemed to be a short wait our pizza was ready.

The pizza is different from what we are accustomed to from the Greenwich and Stamford locations. The crust was thicker, there was more tomatoes and it was sort of wet and mushy. Besides the wet and mushy part the flavor of the pizza was good. Maybe it was just an "off" night or someone new making the pizza. I wouldn't cross this location off my list but I do prefer the Grandma's pizza from the Greenwich and Stamford locations.

Instant Answers: White Plains