Raccanelli's Pizza & Brew, White Plains

• Gypsystravels's Profile Photo

Pizza & Brew: Pizza & Brew

by Gypsystravels Updated Nov 13, 2013
    Chicken cutlet panini

This particular Pizza & Brew is conveniently located between my daughter's home and the cementary where we have mom interred, so after spending some time visiting the cementary we will occassionally stop here for some lunch.

The restaurant's decor isn't as nice as the one in Scarsdale, but the food sure is. They have a very large selection of dishes to suit anyone with daily specials as well as their panini specials which we always seem to order.

The panini which comes with a choice of soup, a salad and of course the panini, is a great deal at only $8.95. The food is good and quite filing and we seem to always manage to take a doggy bag back home with us.

The drinks are always flowing (refills are free) and the waiters are friendly and very attentive. It's a good place for an inexpensive meal especially if you decide to catch a movie before or after at the theatre next door.

Favorite Dish: I've had their chicken cutlet panini which was excellent as well as their meatball hero.

• Wine Tasting
    • Beer Tasting

• cjg1's Profile Photo

Raccanelli's Pizza & Brew(CLOSED): Good Penne Vodka

by cjg1 Updated Sep 10, 2012

Penne Vodka

Pizza & Brew is a casual Italian Resturant/Pizzeria. This is one of two Pizza & Brew Restuarants; the other located in Scarsdale. Liz has been coming to this location since she was a little girl and has fond memories of eating here with her Grandfather. We often find ourselves hee for a meal after a bit of shopping or when visiting Ferncliff nearby.

The restaurant is located in a strip mall. There is a counter area as soon as you walk in on the left and a dining room on the right hand side. When we arrived we were seated almost immediately at a booth and handed menus. The menu has the usual Italian specialties: pizza, pasta, calzones, salads, meat, chicken, fish, pork, veal and desserts. Our waiter came over to take our drink orders and bring over a bread basket. The bread basket had italian bread and foccacia bread. Our waiter brought over our unsweetened ice teas and took our order. I wanted the penne vodka and Liz orderd Ravioli in marinara Sauce. Our meals came with soup or salad and we both chose salad; bleu cheese for Liz and Russian for me.

Our meals arrived quickly and piping hot. The portions were very large and I wound up bring home half of my meal. Liz was "hungry" and finsihed her whole plate of ravioli. I had wanted dessert but was just too full to order any.

I like the casual atmosphere and friendly service along with the good food.

**Early Bird Specials are served everyday from 11am to 4pm.**

Favorite Dish: My penne vodka is always very good. The portions are large and too much for just one person. The vodka sauce was very creamy and rich.

Instant Answers: White Plains

• Dec 29, 2012 at 5:19 PM

My son and I visited the other night, we've been coming here for years! Sadly, they have changed their menu. My favorite manicotti is no longer on the menu. I got the baked ziti. I don't know why they changed their menu, probably the bottom line, but all I can say is the sauce tasted like spaghettios sauce. Sad. I will not return, and I am very sad about it!