City Center, White Plains

by Gypsystravels

Know about this? Rate It!

• City Center: The demise of downtown White Plains

by Caceres19 Written Jun 9, 2015

This place has become the worse place to shop in the entire metro area. There are many security guards and they make you feel as if you were trying to steal the merchandise. The selections are worse than ever at Nordstrom's. The Shop Rite is getting worse and worse. Barnes and Noble 's has also begun to show deterioration, unfriendly service, and paranoia. No wonder the City of White Plains is giving so many "traffic violation" tickets. The City needs to make up the loss of revenue because no one is shopping at the City Center.

• Gypsystravels's Profile Photo

City Center: City Center

by Gypsystravels Updated Jul 7, 2008

The City Center located here in White Plains has a few stores that I like to visit. Thre is a Filene’s Basement and DSW, Barns & Noble and of course Target.

Since I find myself in White Plains every weekend, I normally will stop in at the Targets and pick up the items that I stock at home. I particularly like their selection of snacks and of course their paper goods.

What to buy: I usually stock up on their 100 calorie snacks for work and of course their household items like their paper towels, bathroom tissue, detergent and other household items.

I enjoy browing through the Barnes & Noble and have been coming to this location for years. They particularly have a nice selection of books about New York and the sorrounding area.

What to pay: Inexpensive