Fortunoff (CLOSED), White Plains

1 Maple Ave (914) 287-8700

Know about this? Rate It!

• cjg1's Profile Photo

Fortunoff: CLOSED (another one bites the dust)

by cjg1 Updated Jun 2, 2009

Fortunoff is the type of department store that appeals to me. They seem to carry many of the brands and products that I always find my self after and with a selection worth seeing of each.

Many of our appliances have been purchased here including our wine fridge that we picked up on the way home from the airport recently.

Also to walk around the kitchen areas of the store I almost start to drool while I see all the very cool knives, spatulas that would make Spatula City jealous and the selections of pots and pans and baking molds. I know I am only starting to learn to cook, but its been a fun quest that has had me looking at these things with new eyes.

But not to be outdone, the bedding department here is top notch. For the styles I like, this is the best place to buy sheets, comforters and even pillows. They even carry a large selection of beds that has caught my eye lately as my current one is very old and in need of replacement.

Sadly this store is often very empty of other shoppers but that has an upside as well. The service here is exceptional. You will always be approached by someone asking if you need help or if there is anything they can get for you.

This location is open from 10am to 9pm every day but Sunday when they are only open from 11am to 7pm.

**They are open early during the Christmas season (after Thanksgiving). They opne the doors at 8am.**

We recently came her to register for wedding gifts. Joanne in the Registry department was very helpful in setting us up and showing us how to use the scanner. I'm new to this whole register for gifts thing but it was fun. They even have discounts to help compkete your registry after your wedding with 15% off any remaining items on your list. I think this is a great deal.

• zuriga's Profile Photo

Fortunoff's: Where I worked

by zuriga Updated Apr 1, 2005

Fortunoff Building

This is where I worked... known as The Source to local New York and New Jersey residents. The prices are great and the service can't be equaled! The store opened in September of 2003 and is across the street from The Westchester - a luxury mall with many fine shops.

• Business Travel