Whole Foods, White Plains

100 Bloomingdale Road (914) 288-1300

Know about this? Rate It!

• cjg1's Profile Photo

Whole Foods: When you can't find it at Stop & Shop

by cjg1 Updated Jan 1, 2011

Blue Hydrangeas from Whole Foods

We do our bulk food shopping at Stew Leonards or Costco but for specialty and organic items we come to Whole Foods. The store has everything you could want from fresh produce, fish, meat, poultry, baked goods, salads, soups, prepared food, flowers, beverages, sweets and more. We are often here on Sunday or when in the area visiting Liz's parents to do some shopping for the upcoming week's meals.

What to buy: Liz is very particular about what she buys and can find exactly what she wants at whole foods. They have her particular brand of canned tomatoes that she prefers for her sauce. This is the only store that we can find her brand of organic yogurt in a variety of flavors. They carry a nice selection of Tazo tea which I enjoy. The marshmellows are a nice indulgence especialy in winter with some yummy hot chocolate. The banana chips are a favorite of ours as well as their fruit and vegetables.

The flowers here are quite nice especialy their roses, sunflowers and hydrangeas.

What to pay: Items can be pricey but definitly worth it for the quality.

• Gypsystravels's Profile Photo

Whole Foods: Whole Foods Market

by Gypsystravels Updated Sep 22, 2009

Whole Foods Market is a great place to find that natural or organic food items that are not sold at your local supermarket. Their selections of items are endless. I love their salad bars (yes, they have many), their cheeses and my favorite, their salami with wine (excellent). They also carry a large selection of freshly baked bread and plenty of hard to find specialty items. I love their selection of fresh cut flowers as well.

What to buy: I visit Whole Foods Market every other week to pick up some healthy items (not a health nut though) along with my occassional indulgence of a special cheese and salami I can’t find anywhere else and of course their bread.

For the past 4 years I’ve also been feeding Cookie a dog food brand that I wasn't able to find at any specialty or grocery store which has helped her immensely with her gastritis.

• zuriga's Profile Photo

Whole Foods-Trader Joe's: NEW FOOD SHOPS

by zuriga Updated Apr 1, 2005

Suddenly, there are two new and wonderful food shops in White Plains. One is Whole Foods in the Fortunoff building across from The Westchester. The second is a new branch of Trader Joe's, and it's on Central Ave. near Best Buy.

• Business Travel