Yonkers Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Yonkers

East Habor Seafood Restaurant: Our Favorite restaurant for family gatherings

by Gypsystravels Updated Nov 13, 2013

My daughter's sushi selection

My family has been coming to this restaurant for years. It is here where my daughter at the tender age of 6 ate her first piece of Sushi. They serve Chinese Japanese dishes and their sushi is excellent, fresh and quite inexpensive.

They have a really nice room in the back that accommodates a large party. My family has celebrated many special occassions like communions, birthdays and confirmations. I even had my daughter's baby shower here.

We come here quite often, usually about once every other month when we are in the mood for some really good Chinese/Japanese food since their food is inexpensive and consistently very good. During the hours of 11 am - 3 pm every single day they have the lunch specials (including weekends) and half price sushi.

The restaurant owners know my family and take very good care of us when we call to make reservations.

Favorite Dish: Everything!! Their sushi is always fresh!! But, they have an excellent selection of traditional Chinese dishes as well as Japanese bento boxes and of course the sushi!

• Beer Tasting
    • Wine Tasting

Cheesecake Factory: Always a Good Meal

by cjg1 Updated Sep 11, 2013

The Cheesecake Factory is always a good meal. This chain restaurant does deliver well prepared food that always tastes good. Portions are always a bit on the large side but you will have leftovers.

Their menu is quite extensive with many pages covering drinks, appetizers, entress and their desserts. I have my favorite selections here such as the Orange Chicken, Steak & Eggs, Breakfast Burrito as well as their Pineapple Upside Down Cheesecake and Strawberry Shortcake. My wife loves the Tomato Basil Flatbread, Steak Diane, Factory Burger and their French Toast. Her favorite dessert here is the apple crisp but she is known to have a sundae or a slice of Red Velvet cheesecake on occasion witha cup of cappucino. The appetizers here are excellent and we love their guacamole (made fresh), nachos, calamari, avacado eggrolls and their dynamite shrimp.

My wife and I enjoy coming here whether it's for drinks and appetizers, a full meal or just dessert. We recently came here after some shopping at Ridge Hill and enjoyed a nice lunch.

**They will validate your parking for up to two hours just for having a meal. Nice perk..*

• cjg1's Profile Photo

River's Edge: Decent Food. Idine.

by cjg1 Updated Sep 11, 2013

My Chicken

This is a place I find myself in more now that I've moved away from the area than I ever did when I lived just down the block. It is still close to family and we come here for many of our family dinners. The fact that it is an idine is always bonus.

The owners of the place are friends of Liz's parents so we always get wonderful service. The big hit is always the brushetta they put on the table to share. The meu has the usual mix of fish, chicken, meat and pasta dishes along with the daily specials. During holidays they have special menus that include an appetizer, entree, dessert and coffee for a fixed price.

The bar section on the other side of the restaurant has their own bar menu but you canorder from there as well if your in the dining room.

The bar also has Trivia nights held monthly that my wife and her Mom enjoy attending.

Favorite Dish: Stuffed fillet of sole is my favorite here so far. This dish was on the specials list last night when I was last here. On a bed of rice it is two fillet of sole wrapped around a crab stuffing so it looks like two canollis. I brought half of it home as the servings here are so big.

Grilled Salmon is what I had my first time eating here. Had before then only used it as a bar. I liked it as it is served on a bed of spinach that is quite tasty. I don't love grilled fish but this was one of the better I've had.

• BLewJay's Profile Photo

Yard House: Great food and lots of beer

by BLewJay Written Jun 3, 2013

Since this was our first time in the area,we asked the folks are the front desk where would they recommend as a place to eat. They mentioned the usual stuff that you can find at home, but also mentioned that the Westchester Ridge Hill Mall was a few minutes away, so we hopped in the car and went there. Many food options to choose from but we have always liked the Yard House so we parked and in we went. Great atmoshpere, awesome customer service and we had a fantastic waiter who knew what she was talking about. Definitely a place to go, have fun, drink beer and eat a good meal.

Favorite Dish: We decided that we'd split our meals so ordered the Kung Pao Calamari (candied walnuts, red peppers, celery, carrots with jasmine or brown rice), Blue Crab Cakes (with mango papaya chutney, passion fruit beurre blanc and tomato oil) and the Ahi Crunchy Salad (Ahi tuna seared rare, field greens, asian slaw and crispy wontons tossed in soy vinaigrette). Washed it down with a couple Chimay Triple (is golden and slightly hazy with fruity notes of muscat grapes and raisins).

• Beer Tasting

Frank Pepe: Love their Pizza

by cjg1 Written May 23, 2013

Frank Pepe’s has been serving delicious pizza since 1925. Since those humble beginnings in New Haven, Connecticut; the business and branched out with various locations throughout Connecticut and New York. Two locations in New Haven, Fairfield, Brookfield, Manchester and Uncasville (at Mohegan Sun Casino) are in CT. This location in Yonkers NY right on Central Avenue is a welcome addition to the chain of pizzerias.

My wife and I first tried this delicious pizza several years ago at Mohegan Sun and from then on we’ve been hooked. The specialty is their “Original Tomato Pie” which is served in small, medium and large sizes. Toppings can be added to the Tomato pie for additional charge. They also have specialty pizzas, salads and a nice selection of Foxton Park Sodas (while we love).

I have to admit I have never tried their “Tomato Pie”. We have always ordered on of the specialty pizzas; The White Pie with spinach, mushrooms, gorgonzola, mozzarella and grated cheese. To me; this is the best pizza ever hands down. The crust is perfectly crisp and thin. The toppings are fresh and delicious. The cheese is silky and salty; so good. The Foxton Park sodas are also a treat for us. Old Fashioned styled sodas in tasty flavors such as cream, white birch beer, orange and root beer are my favorites.

We recently came to this particular location when shopping on Central Avenue. We were quite hungry and my wife suggested we come here for one of our favorite pies. We ordered our favorite white pizza with a orange soda and a white birch beer. We usually order a medium pie which is perfect for two and usually leaves us leftover but that day we were unusually hungry and ordered a large. The large was gigantic and we left with about 8 slices of pizza in a take home box; which made for some tasty snacking later that night. The restaurant is very clean, the service is good and the pizza is incredible. I can’t wait to return.

X2O (Xaviars on the Hudson): Great Views and Gourmet Food

by travelfrosch Updated May 15, 2013

X2O at the Yonkers Pier

A gourmet restaurant in Yonkers? Believe it. Renowned chef Peter X. Kelly, originally from Yonkers, opened this remarkable place above the renovated Yonkers pier, offering tremendous views of the Hudson, the Palisades, and both the George Washington and Tappan Zee Bridges. That itself might be enough, but the food offered here is top-notch New York gourmet cuisine priced at a significant discount to what you would get for comparable fare in Manhattan. A meal here is not cheap, but if you can afford a splurge, it might even be worth your while to take 30-minute Metro North train ride from Manhattan for the wonderful views and lower prices.

Favorite Dish: Everything is absolutely first rate; be sure to listen carefully to the specials (though you might be conflicted because they all sound so good). Sara and I went for the "Quail Served Two Ways," a breast served en croûte and leg confit served on a bed of cale. The signature cocktails are also excellent -- I had a bourbon concoction called a "Mason/Dixon," while Sara went for the "Violet Cosmopolitan." The myriad chocolatey desserts also got a resounding seal of approval from both of us. For his part, Minifrosch contented himself with taking bites from our dishes and playing with his toys.

• Sailing and Boating

• travelfrosch's Profile Photo

Singas Famous Pizza: Have Some "Famous" Pizza!

by travelfrosch Updated Jul 6, 2011

Singas Pizza, Yonkers

In Yonkers, you can get pizza. Very good pizza. Some might even say "Famous" Pizza. Singas Pizza opened in 1967 in the Elmhurst section of Queens, and is generally regarded to be among the best pizza to be found in that borough. Since then, Singas has added "Famous" to its moniker and opened 16 other locations in New York and New Jersey. Some New York pizza purists aren't terribly fond of Singas because their pizzas are of an irregular size (10-inch diameter personal pizzas), and their sauce is sweeter than is typical for a New York pizza. However, I think it's among the best I've tasted, and certainly worthy of a stop for an inexpensive lunch or dinner.

Favorite Dish: Pizzas are the specialty, of course, but they also have very good sandwiches (pizza crust cut into quarters and used as "bread"). I like the hot pepper pizza myself, which I think offsets the tangy sauce perfectly. Also try the pizza topped with fresh garlic (but maybe not if you're on a date). As for sandwiches, I think their pastrami is excellent. I can normally eat the entire pizza, but the sandwiches are definitely good for two meals unless you have a huge appetite. You can get your pizza and sandwiches "to stay," to go, or even for delivery.

• Clairmont Diner: NOT ON THE MENU!!

by escko525 Written Oct 25, 2010

I have visited the location many other times before, food was good for its price. UNFORTUNATELY, today October 25, 2010; I visited the location, order my meal (teriaky wrap with pasta salad), the plate was place in front of me by the nice waitress lady, I look at my salad and there lies a dead ROACH!!!!....couldn't believe my eyes...the waitress hurried the plate away to the kitchen. my fiance and I just got up and left the place in disgust! NEVER AGAIN WILL WE STEP FOOT IN THAT PLACE! God only knows how filthy it must be back in that kitchen!

Maggie's Seafood Spot: Secret Korean Restaurant

by travelfrosch Updated Apr 29, 2010

Maggie's Seafood and... Korean food?

On the outside, this place doesn't look like much. Even on the inside, the cramped quarters might not inspire confidence. But the food is inexpensive and very good. When we visited, we had the good fortune of discovering the place wasn't just a take-out place for fried fish. As we were deciding what to order, we couldn't help but notice the locals were coming in and walking out with items that definitely were not fried fish. It turns out Korean-born Maggie was making lunch for her son one day, and her patrons were quite interested. As a result, she offers off-the menu Korean choices of spicy chicken or bulgogi with veggies and rice for $8. Be aware there are no seats here, so you must get your food to take away. If the weather is nice, take the short walk to the waterfront and enjoy your meal on a bench overlooking the Hudson.

Favorite Dish: I really enjoyed the Korean chicken. The bulgogi (beef) I sampled was quite good as well. Sara wanted kalamari, so she ordered that. Everything (on and off menu) was very good.

Frank Pepe's: Some really yummy pizza

by Gypsystravels Updated Apr 19, 2010
    Small pepperoni, enough for me and Ferni

Frank Pepe's is one of those places that started with one location in Connecticut and has grown to a few more locations including the first one here in Yonkers.

The restaurant is quite large with huge booths (seats about 6-8 comfortably) along the parimeter of the restaurant as well as tables scattered in the interior. It has an open air warehouse/loft feeling to it with black and white pictures including some interesting ones of a few Presidents (Clinton and Reagan) enjoying a slice of Frank Pepe pizza. The exterior of the building is green with a large sign "Frank Pepe Pizzeria Napoletana" and as mentioned before, resembles a warehouse. They have a very small parking lot which can comfortably accommodate about 20-25 cars, and was full except for one spot (phew, we were lucky), when we arrived. I can see this being later in the day or during the weekend as the restuarant is located on a very busy Avenue.

They only serve pizza (aside from a salad) with various different types of toppings to please anyone. The pizza's are made fresh to order (you can not order by the slice here) and come in small, medium or large.

We were here for lunch during a week day and the place was quite busy. The waitress in our section seemed a bit flaky (I think she had a problem with here hearing) and took awhile for us to get her attention.

Our overall feeling was pretty good, the pizzas are good and they reminded me of the ones we had back in the 1970's when I was growing up in Brooklyn. The crust is line and the sauce just right.

Favorite Dish: We ordered the pepperoni which was quite good. They put the pepperoni directly on the sauce then they put the cheese on top of the pepperoni so you don't see it when the pizza comes out pipping hot!!

• Gypsystravels's Profile Photo

Clairmont Diner: Great Diner food any time of day!!

by Gypsystravels Updated Aug 3, 2009

This is a small diner located here in Yonkers and was a place we'd come to often, especially for breakfast. The parking lot can get quite full, so make sure to get here early especially during the weekends to secure a spot and avoid a long wait for a table.

This is really your typical diner serving everything from breakfast as well as lunch and all day items like sandwichs and hot plates, burgers, salads, meatloaf, etc. We'd usually come here for breakfast or to get a bit to eat when everything else was closed. I'd usually order breakfast or a burger and he raved about the gyro.

We recently stopped by for a quick breakfast as I happen to be in the area early one morning and the diner is still the same, the service, food and prices haven't changed too much.

Favorite Dish: I use to almost always order the eggs over easy with bacon, toast and home fries as well as my favorite grilled cheese when I wanted something different, the gyro was quite good and a hit with my then boyfriend.

I decided to have the grilled cheese this time around, and it was just as good as it use to be.

River's Edge: Good place for decent food

by Gypsystravels Updated Jul 27, 2009

Quite honestly I stumbled upon this restuarant while looking for places to eat in Yonkers on the AA IDine list. They were listed as having some good food at really good prices, so we decided to give it a try.

I would definitely recommend the restaurant to anyone that is looking for an "authentic" (is there really such a thing?) Italian restaurant at a reasonable price. The service is wonderful and the ambiance perfect. The owners are very kind and courteous and so is the staff. The owners son, John is a really nice waiter and we had a nice time chatting with him. They also have a nice selection of daily specials to choose from.

We were happy we actually gave this place a chane and we've been back a few times since and every single time we go we have a good meal.

Favorite Dish: They have a nice selection of dishes with the usual Italian staples of fish, meat and chicken. I ordered the penne a ala vodka, one of my favorite dishes and I have also had here the stuffed filet of sole as well as their clams which have all been good. I think anything you order here is good.

Burke's: Winter Sunday Brunch

by Gypsystravels Updated Jul 27, 2009
    Only pic I have, the interior

Burke's was our favorite Sunday Brunch place, especially during a lazy cold winter Sunday. We'd usually wake up late and hop in the car for about a 10 minute drive and enjoy a really good selection of dishes.

The dining area is quite large with really nice dark wood beams and furnishings with a nice large bar as you enter the restaurant. There are tables as well as booths. They offer some really great "pub-like" food with a really nice selection of assorted dishes.

Favorite Dish: I've only had brunch here, which was quite good. I've had the eggs over, home fries, bacon and toast or a burger.

Mont Olympos Diner: Good Diner Food

by cjg1 Written May 18, 2009

This was my first time to this big diner on the "hill". Mont Olypus is situated on a hill overlooking central avenue. We wound up here simply because I was staarving and didn't feel like driving anymore. The diner is pretty big and we were seated at a nice booth in the center of the diner. Our waitress was very nice and took our drink orders quickly. I had a hot chocolate and Liz had a diet Coke with lime. The menu had the usual diner choices and I was conflicted on breakfast or lunch food. After a few minutes I decided on a BLT with Disco fries. Liz had a grilled cheese and fries. The BLT was very good and the tomatos were ripe and juicy. The Disco fries were crisy and had some nice seasoning. Liz enjoyed her grilled cheese and fries (how can you ruin grilled cheese anyway?). This was a good diner experience and I will come here again if I'm in need of a diner while in the area.

Favorite Dish: The BLT and Disco fries were very good.

Nathan's: Dirty Dog Place

by cjg1 Updated Apr 21, 2009

This place is a dive to say the least. I had been told that once this was a nice place with good hot dogs and a place you could take the family. Liz came here often as a child and as a teenager and had wanted to stop in. Horrified was the best way to describe it. The place looked filthy and gross. Kids were running around the place like crazy and there was a bad smell by the front door. We basically walked in to walk out. Neither one of us was eating anything from here.

Instant Answers: Yonkers

Comments

Yonkers Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Yonkers restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Yonkers sightseeing.