Yonkers Shopping

• irishgalmtl's Profile Photo

Anna's Attic: A little Irish gift shop

by irishgalmtl Updated Jan 5, 2007

pic of busniess  card..

Yonkers Is a very Irish neighbourhood. This little shop is full of great Irish gifts I simply wanted one of each. The shop has crafts and other irish gifts....

From Mahattan :-
    Take the CR BRONX EXPY / I-95 N / W 178 ST exit- EXIT 14.
    Merge onto I-95 N / CROSS BRONX EXPY / US-1 N via the exit on the LEFT.
    Take the I-87 exit- EXIT 1C- toward MAJ DEEGAN EXPWY / ALBANY / QUEENS.
    Merge onto I-87 N / MAJOR DEEGAN EXPY via EXIT 3N toward ALBANY.
    Take EXIT 14 toward MCLEAN AVE.
    Stay STRAIGHT to go onto MAJOR DEEGAN EXPY.
    MAJOR DEEGAN EXPY becomes CENTRAL PARK AVE.
    Turn RIGHT onto MCLEAN AVE.

Sur La Table: Everything for the Inner Chef

by cjg1 Updated Sep 11, 2013

Sur La Table is a favorite store of the wife and I. My wife loves to cook and I love to eat. Sur La Table has everything you could want or need to prepare a great meal; utensils, servingware, pots, knives, pans, gadgets, small appliances, table linens and food items. Every time we are at Ridge Hill we have to stop here and have never left empty handed yet.

Our last visit to Sur La Table we picked up a bottle of our favorite Bourbon Maple Syrup from Bliss as well as some extra large ice cube trays that I love. We've bought so many great things from here and I always love to see the seasonal merchandise; especially the Halloween items.

REI: Outdoor Gear

by cjg1 Updated Sep 11, 2013

REI is a store that specializes in outdoor gear such as hiking, camping, cold weather, water and travel. I have shopping in outher REI stores before and find their merchandise to be of good quality and decently priced.

Our last venture to REI was in search of some items for an upcoming trip in November. We are both in the market for some new water shoes that are more durable and better equiped for hiking. My wife found a nice pair but unfortunately they did not have her color preference in her size; same here for me as well. We had to go online to find what we were looking for. Either way we still received the Labor Day Sale price which was half off of our items.

What to pay: The water shoes were normally $100; but were on sale for 49.99.

Charming Charlie: A Favorite of my Wife

by cjg1 Updated Sep 11, 2013

We fist discovered Charming Charlie many years ago in Virginia and now there is a store here in Yonkers. Charming Charlie sells women's accessories and some clothing items for very inexpensive prices. My wife enjoys coming here and perusing the merchandise. She often finds a nice scarf, small bag or piece of jewelry to purchase. Soemthing I definitely like about the place is that everything is arranged by color; blues, reds, black, white, silver, pink; it makes it very easy to find what you are looking for.

• Gypsystravels's Profile Photo

REI: Buying a new pair of hiking boots and gear

by Gypsystravels Updated Sep 10, 2013

This REI is pretty large with all the usual outdoor gear that you would need for any type of trip. I needed a new pair of hiking shoes for a trip and decided to stop in at the REI at Ridge Hill.

The sales associate was fantastic and assisted me in my search. I wanted a pair of breathable, comfortable low shoes that would replace my old tattered boots which were giving me trouble after my surgery, especially on more extensive hiking.

I had done research prior to me coming to the store, so I had an idea of what I wanted.
    After trying on a few pair I settled on my shoe purchase. On to a jacket, pants and socks to complete my gear.

REI is a bit expensive but you are guaranteed to find exactly what you are looking for with all the outdoor name brands to choose from.

What to buy: My shoes were $110, jacket was $98, socks $9.95 each, gloves $16.95, pants $68.00.

• Mountain Climbing
    • Hiking and Walking

Instant Answers: Yonkers

Comments

Yonkers Shopping

Reviews and photos of Yonkers shopping posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Yonkers sightseeing.