Asheville Restaurants

• Scenic mountain views from Sunset Terrace
    Scenic mountain views from Sunset...
    by charlenemixa
    sunset terrace at the grove park inn
    by doug48
    havana restaurant
    by doug48

Most Recent Restaurants in Asheville

• charlenemixa's Profile Photo

Stone Ridge Tavern: Great Food & Great Service!

by charlenemixa Written May 18, 2014

We happened onto to the restaurant after accidentally shopping at the Biltmore Square Mall across the street- one of 12 clearance stores in the US. Fantastic deals on this holiday weekend. The Tavern was perfect for our after shopping dinner. A very varied menu and good selection of wine and beer. The trout is excellent as are the fried oysters. Good size portions. Plus the service is quick. A very comfy and enjoyable tavern

• charlenemixa's Profile Photo

The Sunset Terrace at The Grove Park Inn: A Scrumptious & Romantic Dining Experience

by charlenemixa Written May 18, 2014

Under slightly rainy skies we settled into our table for our dinner at the Sunset Terrace. Despite the rainy evening, the scenes were still magnificent (and yes we were dry). The service was excellent as Anna our waitress and Vincent, the manager, assured our service was perfect. Starting with the luscious oysters on the half shell, we then shared the roasted beet salad which was delicious. Our entrees of the Sorrel Creek Trout with fingerling potatoes and Butter Roasted Sea Scallops were large servings, beautifully prepared and delicious. Finishing our fantastic dinner we shared the WARM APPLE COBBLER with oatmeal streusel and vanilla bean ice cream. It was a fabulous dining experience at this historical resort.

• Spa and Resort

• charlenemixa's Profile Photo

The Wicked Weed: A "Must Do" for great beer and great food!

by charlenemixa Written May 17, 2014

We popped in for an afternoon beer at this fresh and welcoming bar, restaurant and brewery. Sitting outside under big umbrellas was perfect on this sunny afternoon. The beers were delicious, especially the cool cucumber. Oops not sure of exact name but it is the cucumber beer. Refreshing setting and the menu looks tasty. We will be back for lunch or dinner and to check out the brewery.

We returned to the Wicked Weed on our Asheville Brewery Tours for a fun and tasty tour of the Brewery, which is amazing. Later we had a late lunch and dinner inside at the community table. Food was excellent. Note, you have choices for dining - outside, in the bar/tavern area or the restaurant area. We liked the outside seating for crowd watching and the inside pub/bar area community tables encourage getting to know others. Great Beer! Great Food!

Favorite Dish: Only ate there once, so no favorite dish currently.

• Beer Tasting

• charlenemixa's Profile Photo

Cucina 24: Fantastic Hidden Gem!

by charlenemixa Written May 17, 2014

This enchanting "Farm to Table" restaurant in Asheville is excellent. It was one of the restaurants on our "Eating Asheville Tour" and we were so impressed, we went for dinner during our visit. It was a fantastic find! The restaurant is beautifully decorated and is not a real large restaurant, so be sure to make reservations. We were there on a Tuesday evening and it got very busy. Our waiter was terrific and definitely knew the menu, wines, and beers. The menu changes daily based on what is in season. The chef and his team do a terrific job of adjusting and incorporating the locally grown veggies, etc. into their dishes. The restaurant is on Wall Street which is down the stairs and behind a parking lot at the corner Battery and Otis Streets (by the Grove Arcade), making parking simple. A true "Hidden Gem" in Asheville.

Favorite Dish: Scallops! But it is all delicious!

Outback Steakhouse: Really Good Sunday Lunch

by charlenemixa Written May 11, 2014

On a rainy Sunday, we stopped at Outback in Asheville. What a good choice for us. My husband's burger was delicious! Every bite he took he commented on how good it was. I had the appetizer sampler of ahi tuna, coconut shrimp, and crab/avocado stack. Perfect for me filling but not heavy. The service was great

Favorite Dish: Burger and appetizer sampler!

Barley's Taproom & Pizzeria: Fantastic Pizza

by charlenemixa Written May 11, 2014

We actually happened on to Barley's after attending a show at the Diana Wortham Theatre. A noisy busy tavern with terrific pizza. We each had a slice with our choice of toppings. The slices are HUGE and only $2.00 plus 70 cents per topping. They have a wide selection of draft beers. I had wine and they had a good choice of wines. We enjoyed the energy of this tavern and glad to find a place to get a drink late in the evening

Favorite Dish: The Pizza

• charlenemixa's Profile Photo

Sunset Terrace at the Grove Park Inn: Scrumptious Dining! Fabulous Views!

Scenic mountain views from Sunset Terrace

Favorite Dish: It was our first dining experience but we loved the Sorrel Creek Trout and the Butter Roasted Sea Scallops. The chef does an wonderful job and the ambience of dining on the terrace is enchanting.

• Luxury Travel

Limones: Delightful Dining

by charlenemixa Written May 11, 2014

This small restaurant has a warm setting for a special dinner. We took a friend for a special get together. Our meals of the potato crusted Sea Bass was the best. Definitely a melt in your mouth dish. My husband loved the slow braised short ribs. We especially liked the small restaurant and upscale setting. Be sure to mark reservations. Don't expect to walk in and get a table during season. Grat food and great service!

Favorite Dish: The Sea Bass and Short Ribs

• jmpncsu's Profile Photo

Barley's Taproom & Pizzeria: Good Selection of Local Beers

by jmpncsu Written Mar 21, 2012

Barley's in downtown Asheville is a nice place to get something to eat and drink. They serve pizza and the usual bar food. What sets this place apart is the good selection of local craft beers.

Favorite Dish: Barley's has good pizza, which can be ordered by the slice or as a whole pizza. But the best thing on the menu here is the beer - try Highland or Catawba Valley, both local craft breweries with some great beers.

• Beer Tasting

• Vincenzo's: I Beg to Differ (the Oysters Rockefeller were Hmm)

by MrsClayA Updated Apr 4, 2011

Favorite Dish: Husband had the lump crabmeat with rice and veggies. Pretty good, but I wouldn't go back.

• Vincenzo's: I Beg to Differ (the Oysters Rockefeller were Hmm)

by MrsClayA Updated Apr 4, 2011

After waiting YEARS to find a home-style, non-chain restaurant in the area that served Oysters Rockefeller, then waiting 'til they opened at 5:30 (after browsing Asheville all day) my oysters came to the table in under 8 min. Were they possibly nuked? FUGGETABOUTIT ! Too much shredded parm, not cooked enough. Real bummer, as it was supposed to be the Crowning Jewel on my birthday........we were downstairs in the "bistro" or whatever, and the atmosphere was a Lesbian show/CW that was bashing men on the TV at the bar! No thanks. I'll just go to the corner dive if I want to watch TV, or stay home.

• Limones: Amazing Food, Fabulous drinks!

by smyinitials Written May 19, 2010

The food was the best I have had in a long time. It was delicios and the presentation was gorgeous. Our waitress was friendly and it felt like she was genuinely interested in us. The atmosphere was not what I initially expected, but it was very cool! The drinks were beautiful and were made from freshly squeezed fruits. All around, Amazing!

Favorite Dish: I had scallops and sundried tomatoe ravioli- Superb!

• Luxury Travel

• etfromnc's Profile Photo

The Corner Kitchen: Outstanding food, service could be better

by etfromnc Updated Apr 5, 2010

When I am away from home and dining alone, I have an "almost" random method for choosing picking restaurants. On my latest trip to the Asheville area, I "randomly" picked a real winner. From high school visits to Asheville for football games, I remembered narrow serpentine streets but in recent years with all of the freeways, I had forgotten those delightfully curvaceous adventures. Finding The Corner Kitchen fully restored my respect for the hills and curves of Asheville's residential streets. Upon leaving my Conference at The Cove, I punched 3 Boston Way into my GPS and succeeded in getting lost three different times (all due to road construction projects) but the detours were well worth the delays. Located in the heart of Biltmore Village, the externals were excellent (and had I known the Biltmore Village location instead of depending on the GPS, I could have taken a much more direct route). My first impression of the service, however, was negative. I arrived just a few minutes after opening and in spite of the fact that the restaurant was almost completely empty, the hostess forced me to dine at the bar. (My disappointment was reinforced by the fact that there were several deuce tables empty when I left.) All was fine, however, when my nut encrusted trout with mashed sweet potatoes arrived. That was one of the best meals that I have eaten in quite a long time, and I say that after having had a delightful lunch at The Cove. The next time I am in Asheville, I may have to abandon my random selection plan. Would any locals like to meet me for a meal so that I do not have to eat at the bar?
    Reservations recommended.

• Deborahtnc's Profile Photo

Sunny Point Cafe and Bakery: It's Worth the Wait

by Deborahtnc Updated Dec 7, 2009

This eatery in West Asheville is unique and delicious. Easy to get to, it is parking challenged but do not let that deter you. Walk a block or wait for a place nearby. They do not take reservations but take my word for it., put your name on the list and wait! In the summer you can sit outdoors in the yard. I last went there on New Years Day and it was cool and windy. They took my cell phone number to call me when our table was ready. There was hot coffee outside to sip while we waited and while some waited in their cars, the more hardy of us stood in the winter sun and braved the breeze while sipping our coffee. We waited about 30-45 minutes and then were seated at a somewhat cramped table. (Well, there were 8 of us!) The restaurant is small for the amount of customers but the service is so good and the ambiance so friendly that once you are seated you forget all discomfort. I have yet to taste the bakery items...this is something to look forward to if the quality of their biscuits is any indication. We had Mimosas to greet the New Year and everyone (yes everyone!!) was happy with their meal.

Favorite Dish: Breakfast salad. OMG!!! The food here is so good! The Breakfast Salad is really a spinach (or whatever green they have) salad wiith the most delicious, large chunks of the most wonderful bacon and 1 (or 2?) EGGS on it...however you like them...I have over medium. The dressing is...superlative. There are the best biscuits with it. I also like the huevos rancheros...lots of different flavors. The coffee is good, too.

• welbourn3's Profile Photo

Jerusalem Garden: Wonderful Mediterranean Food

by welbourn3 Written Sep 15, 2009

Jerusalem Garden - Mediterranean food. Actually, this is my favorite. I am an absolute sucker for lamb. Some evenings, they feature belly dancing. This restaurant is on Patton Ave. but is further west than Salsa's. It is also fairly small. The proprietors are very nice folks.

Favorite Dish: Lamb Gyros

Instant Answers: Asheville

Comments

Asheville Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Asheville restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Asheville sightseeing.