Asheville Restaurants

• Scenic mountain views from Sunset Terrace
    Scenic mountain views from Sunset...
    The Smoked Gnocchi small plate
  • Succulent Seared Scallop - small plate split
    Succulent Seared Scallop - small plate...

Most Recent Restaurants in Asheville

Old Europe: Mmmmm....Dessert....

by wanderlust... Written Nov 22, 2002

Asheville has been dubbed the "Paris of the South" and this coffee/dessert shop could be the entire reason why. Owned by a native Hungarian (I know, that's not French but the atmosphere....), Old Europe has FABULOUS desserts, and good coffee, and outdoor seating (though I am fond of the table in the window), and probably the most beautiful , well-dressed women in Asheville--I think it must be a hiring criterion or something.

Favorite Dish: Key Lime Pie, hands down. Everytime I go here (which is a lot) I dare myself to get something else, but I just CAN'T. (So I tell the people I'm with to get other things and then I try them :) )

Zambra's: Best Atmosphere

by wanderlust... Written Nov 22, 2002

This is a Spanish place--a Tapas bar (no, not 'topless'). It has the best atmosphere in Asheville. They have live bellydancing every Friday and Saturday night and the decor is great! The menu changes constantly so you can go night after night and never get tired of it. It can be a fancy meal or a casual meal (I went there for my prom, and on the same night there were people in jeans), a cheap meal or an expensive meal.

Favorite Dish: Everything is fabulous--they come up with the most intense combinations, it blows my mind. The best thing to do is get a bunch of the Tapas (small, appetizer like things of Spanish tradition) and share them, that way you get to try everything and you can keep it cheap (when I went for above mention prom our per-person bill ended up being under $10). They also have entrees of course, but I don't know that I've ever ventured that far.

• wanderlust...'s Profile Photo

Tupelo Honey Cafe: Eat great, even late (and NOT at Wendy's)

by wanderlust... Written Nov 22, 2002

They describe their food as "down home cooking with an uptown twist"--a nice pithy slogan. But I can say no more than the squeaks of absolute joy that I elicit when I eat there. And the puddles of drool really speak for themselves. I mean, Fried Green Tomatoes on Goat Cheese Grits, until FOUR in the morning???? Can it GET any better? I shiver just thinking about it. Not to mention the best damn home fries EVER.

Favorite Dish: Sweet Potatoe Pancakes, Blueberry Blintzes, GRITS, homemade biscuits with honey (no, it's not all breakfast food--I'm just a breakfast fan)

• LauraNell's Profile Photo

Laughing Seed Cafe: Everything is good!

by LauraNell Written Nov 3, 2002

Excellent vegetarian fare...even my carnivore husband admitted the food was good (that's a pretty tough feat to accomplish!) Dishes are prepared with local organic produce. I eat there each visit and have never been disappointed. Well established restaurant with locals and tourists.

College Street Grill and Pub: A 'happening' place in downtown Asheville

by bdbrewer Written Sep 30, 2002

A very busy place where everybody seems to convene. There are some quite, private areas, and some open with sports on TVs like a sports bar. They also have a band.

Favorite Dish: We had the grilled tuna sandwich. Excellent taste and very filling.

The College Street Grill and Pub

• bdbrewer's Profile Photo

Restaurant at Biltmore Estates Inn: Exlusive restaurant at the Inn on Biltmore Estates

by bdbrewer Written Sep 30, 2002

Located in the Inn at Biltmore Estates. It is pretty exclusive. You can only make a reservation if you hold a season's pass to Biltmore Estates OR are a guest in the Inn.

Favorite Dish: Did not eat there. Could not get in. It looked very nice if you can make it in.

Restaurant at the Inn on Biltmore Estates

• mcharlton's Profile Photo

The kitchen in our wonderful...

by mcharlton Written Aug 26, 2002

The kitchen in our wonderful cabin.
    We bought fresh grow vegtables at a fruit stand and made a great salad to go with the fish and baked potatoes with fresh green beans.

Favorite Dish: On one of our outings we found farm raised rainbow trout. Brought it home and cleaned it.
    I created a stuffing for the middle of the fish and baked it.
    Needless to say the whole meal was mouth watering.

• cad_fred's Profile Photo

Rio Burrito: Rio Burrito

by cad_fred Written Aug 26, 2002

They make the best black bean burrito I ever had. While in Utah I met somebody also from Asheville, and after a half hour of talking we both craved Rio Burrito. This craving was so powerful that we both were considering 8 to 10 hour detours in our drives across country to get one.

Favorite Dish: Any black bean burrito on the menu.

• sbahns's Profile Photo

Bistro at the Biltore Winery: Bistro at the Biltore Winery

by sbahns Written Aug 25, 2002

Excellent, quality food. Beautiful bistro atmosphere. Closest you can get to Italy or southern France without going across the pond.

Favorite Dish: Calzone stuffed with salmon, blue crab, capers, cream cheese and a light tomato sauce.

• JohnMJ's Profile Photo

Vincenzo's Ristorante & Bistro

by JohnMJ Written Aug 24, 2002

Vincenzo's Ristorante & Bistro
    One of the best Italian restaurants I have been too, and that is alot! Great ambience and service. Preparations are artistic and utilizing the freshest of ingredients. You will not be disappointed.

• The Savoy Restaurant. Don't...

by JVENUTO Updated Aug 24, 2002

The Savoy Restaurant. Don't let the exterior or interior decor put you off excellent food.
    Its small so make a reservation. We had no trouble making one for the same evening.

Favorite Dish: Its all good, cuisine is northern Italian

• acemj's Profile Photo

The Bake Shop: Feel like coffee and a scone?

by acemj Updated Jul 9, 2003

If you don't want ice cream, try some homemade cookies or pastries and some coffee at the Bake Shop at the Biltmore Estate.

• acemj's Profile Photo

Barley's Taproom

by acemj Updated Jul 9, 2003

Barley's Taproom
    Pool tables, darts, 42 taps, live music.

Favorite Dish: Great pizza and barfood; lots of beer.

McDonalds: Mickey Dees

by bdbrewer Written Sep 30, 2002

Even the McDonalds has to be constructed to blend in with the surroundings of Biltmore Estates.

Favorite Dish: Why, a Big Mac of course (and don't forget the french fries please)

Mellow Mushroom: Examples of Ashevelle's Tastes in Restaurants

by bdbrewer Written Sep 30, 2002

Very artsy. Located in an area of antiques, art museum, Thomas Wolfe area.

Favorite Dish: Didn't eat there. Included it to illustrate the varied types of restaurants in Asheville.

Mellow Mushroom

Instant Answers: Asheville

Comments

Asheville Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Asheville restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Asheville sightseeing.