Bald Head Island Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Bald Head Island

• changeinlatitude's Profile Photo

Eb & Flo's: Great Food

by changeinlatitude Updated Aug 14, 2006

We just got back from Bald Head on Sunday 08/12/06. Eb & Flo's was wonderful. No matter what you get on the menu you will enjoy it very much. As always, the service was great and the atmosphere nice and casual. A Must when you visit Bald Head.

Just a tip, they are closed every Wednesday.

Favorite Dish: Calamari

• Eco-Tourism

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

Ebb and Flo: Buggy

by grandmaR Updated Jun 8, 2005

photo from their website

We couldn't sit outside because we were eaten alive by no-see-ums. Service was poor - slow and the food was cold when we got it. They only gave us one cracker and one non-plastic knife. This restaurant is closed in the winter.

The website says:

For roll-up-your-sleeves casual dining, an open-air harbourside pavilion called Eb & Flo’s specializes in steam pots filled with crab legs, clams, mussels, shrimp, potatoes and corn. Enjoy the seafood or a sandwich while watching the boats come and go.

Favorite Dish: We had the steamer dinner for 2. The dinner consisted of potatoes (a lot -the majority of the food in the dinner), a couple of little pieces of corn about 4" long, two enormous sausages (which I didn't eat as I don't care for sausage), some shrimp, some clams, some oysters and a half of a king crab. This was the entire dinner for two people.

The picture on their website was accurate if you notice the scale. These are SMALL pots that the food is in.

• Beaches
    • Eco-Tourism

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

River Pilot Cafe or the Bald Head Island Club: Limited number of restaurants on the Island

by grandmaR Updated Jun 8, 2005

Caesar Salad from another NC restaurant

I'm not sure if we ate in the Dining Room of the Bald Head Island Club

..offers an elegant atmosphere and extensive menu, which includes char-grilled steaks, an array of pasta presentations, regional seafood specialties, and an excellent selection of premium wines. For a more casual atmosphere, the Club Lounge features a grill menu and a well-stocked bar. Televised sporting events and live bands offer evenings of entertainment. (910)457-7320

or the River Pilot Cafe'

Located in the harbour,..emphasizes southern cuisine, fresh seafood and island specialties. The cafe serves breakfast, lunch, dinner and a late night menu, along with cocktails. (910)457-7390

Favorite Dish: On Friday night, I had she crab soup and a caesar salad with a crab cake, and Bob had the shrimp and steak. Sharon and Fred had rib eye. They had mahi mahi last night which was excellent they said. Today the special is tuna. The other special is frog legs, which has no takers, and was the special last night too.

They had a buffet breakfast Saturday. Fruit (melon, strawberries, grapes), eggs to order, sausage, bacon, creamed chip beef, grits, cottage fries, biscuits, lemon poppy muffins, pancakes, and juice, coffee and tea. They had only Constant Comment and Raspberry tea. They brought little metal pots of hot water and glasses with handles to put the hot water in. I put my tea bag in the pot. The guys put theirs in their glass.

Saturday night, Bob wants a hamburger (the specials at the restaurant are still the same and you can't get just a simple hamburger), so we went up and ate in the bar. That's why I think it might have been the Bald Island Club Lounge. I had a salad (which has raisins and pecans in it), and quesidillas. Everyone else has soup and a hamburger

• Beaches
    • Cruise

• Unfortunately, I can't...

by Roadboy Written Oct 4, 2002

Unfortunately, I can't remember the name of the resaurant, but it was a Calabash style place on the marina. I ate three times what I should have it was so good. I also liked all of the restaurants I tried (2) in Southport.

Favorite Dish: Fried seafood platter. You could watch the cholesterol go straight to your heart. Too good to describe.

Instant Answers: Bald Head Island

Comments

Bald Head Island Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Bald Head Island restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Bald Head Island sightseeing.

View all Bald Head Island hotels