Boone Restaurants

by Donna_in_India

Most Recent Restaurants in Boone

Cha Da Thai: Great Thai Food in the NC Mountains

by Donna_in_India Written Mar 25, 2012

Cha da Thai is a very nice restaurant with a good selection of "real" Thai dishes. The dishes are available in 5 degrees of hotness ranging from very mild to Thai hot!

On the menu are Appetizers, Soups, Thai Salads, Dinner Dishes, Specialities, Grill, Curries, Rice Noodles/Fried Rice, and Dessert selections. A special Lunch menu is served Mon-Fri 11 a.m. - 3 p.m. and Sat-Sun 11:30 a.m. - 3 p.m.

It was so tough to choose from all the options but the Tom Yum soup and Pad Thai were excellent. Service was the usual mountain hospitality you'll find in Boone. Atmosphere was very relaxing.

Dinner is served Sun-Sat 5 p.m. - 10 p.m.

Lunch specials including main dish, rice, and spring roll for $6-$8.
    Dinner including main dish and rice start at $10.

• Donna_in_India's Profile Photo

Mike's Inland Seafood: Good Seafood...

by Donna_in_India Updated Apr 28, 2011

Mike's is a casual family restaurant. Open for lunch and dinner, the menu has several types of fish dishes and fish sandwiches - grouper, crab cakes, shrimp, whitefish, flounder, etc. served fried, grilled, or teriyaki'd.

I had the Calabash shrimp, which was good. The portion was huge - enough for two. Good sides available including baked sweet potatoes, but best of all were the delicious hush puppies! Others in my party enjoyed crab cakes and grouper.

Service was very good. Prices were reasonable for dinner, and even less for lunch.

Sagebrush Steakhouse: Good Steaks

by Donna_in_India Updated Apr 4, 2011

Even though Sagebrush is billed as a Steakhouse (and I have enjoyed many of their steaks!), they have alot of good choices on their menu. It has outlasted other steakhouses in Boone and can get very crowded.

Good starter choices include Sagebrush Sliders, Cheese Fries, and Wings. Love their Cheeseburgers and, of course, Steaks. Also on the menu: Chili, BBQ (ribs and pulled pork options), Chicken, and Fish. Good side items include Baked Potato and Sweet Potato (also rice, grilled mushrooms, vegetable medley, etc.).

For dessert try the Brownie Blast - a brownie topped with vanilla ice cream, chocolate sauce, whipped cream, chunks of Oreo cookies, and a cherry! Mmmmm!!

Lunch and dinner combos offered inlcude soup or salad, loaf of warm bread, entree and side item. Combo lunch prices start at $6.99.

Complimentary Bottomless Bucket of Peanuts and Coffee, but don't fill up on the peanuts before your steak arrives!

Lunch starts at 11 a.m. Prices for lunch start at $5.29.

Special Offer for June 15 - September 15: Buy one kids meal, get one free.

• Deborahtnc's Profile Photo

Mellow Mushroom: Consistantly great!

by Deborahtnc Updated Apr 4, 2011

The Mellow Musroom is, first of all, about pizza....and beer. What a great combo! But wait...there is more. Service is excellent. The wine list is more than adequate. They have a lovely selection of sandwiches and salads. But the pizza...ahhh.

Favorite Dish: I usually order the Greek Salad (get a small one, they are HUGE), beer on tap (seasonal) and share a pizza. The salad is full of veggies and olives and pickles, with a great Greek dressing. The pizza crust is always perfect, but I think the best thing about Mello Mushroom is their consistancy. It is always good.

• Business Travel

• Mountain House in Boone, NC: Don't go here unless you want to be mistreated

by livewireo1 Written Nov 9, 2010

We went here for breakfast with some friends on Sunday morning. Its a cracker barrel knock off. Our bill between the two of us came to 70.00. The Owner Betty Austin is the rudest person I have ever met and and by the way I did say she is the owner. She felt that we took to long and yelled at us to vacate her restaurant while we were sitting at our table and in front of everyone around us. I was very embarrassed and humiliated to say the least. She also yelled at us telling us if we wanted to talk we had to take it somewhere else. Then when we went up to the cashier and the owner once again accuses my friend of hiding one of our tabs, which was not true because there are two registers and my husband paid for his at the other register. I am a reasonable person and if she needed the table all she had to do is ask, I wouldn't have had a problem getting up and leaving, no questions asked, however the way she deals with her patrons is totally unacceptable. Betty Austin will never have any of my business again and hopefully not yours. Her sign says southern hospitality, if that is southern Hospitality I don't want it or need it.

Favorite Dish: not a thing

• Faiza-Ifrah's Profile Photo

Long John Silvers and other fast food: We are cut out for fast food

by Faiza-Ifrah Written Sep 5, 2009

Exterior view

By Ifrah:

Any body who knows us knows one fact about us - we are no gourmet food lovers. Due to our travel schedule, we always have to be on the move. Fast food comes in handy for us.

When mom and dad saw the board for Long John Silver's on US 321 in Boone, they were delighted. They used to eat at a outlet in Skokie, Illinois a lot. We found the fish platters delicious.

Now my USA friends may think that it is one of those common fast food chains so why bother writing about it. But the thing is that this chain does not exist in Canada so it is always exciting to report.

This is a fast food restaurant with a nice revolutionary theme - seafood. The inside has a decor of a ship (see picture # 2).

Favorite Dish: Favorite Dish: We found the following to be a wholesome and delicious meal:

VARIETY PLATTERS

• Photography

Mellow Mushroom: Best Pizza in Town

by Donna_in_India Updated Jul 13, 2009

Mellow Mushroom, Boone

You gotta love their motto: "We're weird and proud of it, slavishly devoted to great food and cold beer, and nothing makes us happier than seeing people look around our restaurants and say 'dang'."

Mellow Mushroom has indoor and outdoor seating and is very popular. It is always crowded but definitely worth a visit!

The menu consists of munchies (appetizers), salads, calzones, hoagies, pizzas, and local brews. They offer a selection of good pizzas including Hawaiian, Mighty Meaty, Mega Veggie, Kosmic Karma, and Build Your Own. My favorites are the Hawaiian and Cheese.

Monday - Thursday 11 a.m. - 10 p.m.
    Friday - Saturday 11 a.m. - 11 p.m.
    Sunday 12 p.m. - 10 p.m.

Pizzas served in 3 sizes. Large pies run about $14.

Hunan Chinese Restaurant: Good Chinese

by Donna_in_India Written Jul 11, 2009

Hunan's lunch specials are a very good deal. All at under $6 you get soup, eggroll, and rice along with your main dish. They have a good selection of popular Chinese dishes. My favorite is the Sesame Chicken.

There is a huge dinner menu with entrees/rice starting at around $7. Lower calorie menu, tofu dishes, and chef's specialites are available.

Check website for menu and/or to make reservations. Although Hunan's can get crowded, we've never had to wait for a table.

Lunch Specials are served daily between 11 a.m. and 3:30 p.m.
    Sunday lunch buffet is served Sundays between 11 a.m. and 2:30 p.m.

Take-out available.

Hours: Monday - Thursday 11 .m. to 10 pm
    Friday & Sauturday 11 a.m. to 10:30 p.m.
    Sunday 11 a.m. to 10 p.m.

Fast Food Choices

by Donna_in_India Updated Jul 11, 2009

Being a university town, Boone has every fast food restaurant imagineable! Most are located on 321 N (also known as Blowing Rock Road).

They include:

Dominos
    Subway
    Hungery Howies

Etc, etc!

Several are open for breakfast and many close in the early hours of the morning.

Peppers: Good Casual Choice

by Donna_in_India Written Jul 11, 2009

Peppers is a nice place with an extensive menu! The lunch menu (which is served all day) includes dozens of sandwiches and wraps, soups, salad bar, flatbread pizzas, etc. The sandwiches can be ordered half or whole which is great for those of us who can never eat a whole (huge) sandwich! (My favorite dishes are the sandwiches.)

The dinner menu includes pasta dishes, steaks, fish, etc. There are also vegetarian dishes and low-cal (light) dishes available. There is a daily lunch and dinner special. Peppers also has a fully stocked (new) bar with daily specials from 5-6 p.m. Live music on Friday and Saturday from 8 - 11 p.m.

I'd definitely recommend stopping in for a drink or meal.

Lunch Menu served all day (from 11 a.m.).
    Dinner menu served Sunday-Thursday 5 - 9 p.m., and until 10 p.m. on Friday and Saturday.

Check the website for discount coupons.

Casa Rustica: Good Italian Food

by Donna_in_India Written Jul 11, 2009

The decor is described as rustic and intimate. There's even a fireplace. I think Casa Rustica is definitely one of the nicer places in town and perfect for a special occasion. The menu includes a good assortment of appetizers and fresh pastas. The dessert selection - the best of Italian desserts(!) - includes my favorite tiramisu. Entrees include various dishes of veal, chicken, steaks, duck, shrimp, and seafood. Along with the tiramisu, my favorites include the chicken marsala and chicken picatta and of course, the fresh bread.

There is a good selection of wine (and beer). Kids menu available.

Although this is a little more pricey than other local resturants, I highly recommend having dinner here.

Open each night only for day from 5 p.m.
    Carry-out is available.

• Donna_in_India's Profile Photo

Bandana's Bar-B-Que & Grill: Not too good Bar-B-Que...

by Donna_in_India Updated Jul 11, 2009

We've eaten at this place several times since it's one of our group's favorite restaurants but it is definitely not one of mine. It specializes in wood-smoked bar-b-que (which explains the strong aroma) but the special bar-b-que dishes including pulled pork and ribs tend to be very fatty. I can usually get away with the salad bar or a hamburger but the last time we were there they were out of hamburgers (?!!) so I ordered the chicken strips, which were unbelievably tasteless. I also tried the fried pickles which was quite an odd dish. The bar-b-que cheese fries are okay as long as you take some that aren't topped with pork!

The service is good and there are a few interesting dishes on the menu, but I honestly cannot recommend this restaurant. There are better places to eat in the area.

• Donna_in_India's Profile Photo

The Ham Shoppe: Huge Sandwiches!

by Donna_in_India Updated Jul 5, 2009

The Ham Shoppe, Valle Crucis

The Ham Shoppe has been in Valle Crucis for years and years and I'd say it's definitely a landmark! They have all kinds of great gourmet sandwiches on a choice of bread - everything from tuna to meat combos to vegetarian. Grab some sandwiches and some sides (potato salad, cole slaw, etc.), soups, drinks, etc. and head to down Broadstone a couple of miles to the Valle Crucis Community Park for a picnic!

They also have a kids menu, burgers, and daily specials.

Catering, Complete Holiday Dinners, and Gift Baskets available.

WINTER HOURS (Nov 1st - May 31st): Monday - Thursday 8:30 am to 4:00 pm

Sunday 9:00 am - 4:00 pm

Mountain House Restaurant: A Popular Choice

by Donna_in_India Updated Jul 2, 2009

Mountain House, Boone

The Mountain House Restaurant is one of the most popular restuarants in the area. In addition to daily lunch and dinner specials (various chicken dishes, roast beef, meatloaf, etc.), they serve breakfast all day long. (It's one of the very few places in the area where you can have a full sit down breakfast.)

While we're in Boone, we visit at least a couple of times for breakfast. For years they occupied a small building just down the road from the current location and lines were out the door. They have since moved to a very large locationa and on weekends, you will still find lines out the door! But you can browse their shop of interesting crafts, gifts, and barrel candy or sit outside in one of the wooden rocking chairs while waiting to eat.

Along with breakfast, they offer steaks, seafood, sandwiches, burgers, and a children's menu.

• Hexepatty's Profile Photo

Gol Express (CLOSED JAN 08)): Great Brazilian (CLOSED!)

by Hexepatty Updated Jan 12, 2008

(UPDATE JAN 08 - This Restaurant didn't do well in the Boone Market. Too many students / not enough steady business / local clientel. VERY sorry it closed. Open new one in Orlando on International Drive. I'm disappointed, but not surprised!)

We were shocked to "blank" to see a Brazilian restaurant in the small mountain community. I mean I doubt there is a Brazilian restaurant in Charlotte. But Boone has one. I can tell you this, it is really good.

No Menu! You either get the self-serve 35 item+ salad bar (with lots of great meat entress!) for $14.95 per person or you get the grilled meat, served churrasco style. Waiters will come around and serve you one of 6 different kinds of grilled meats including pork, beef and chicken for $19.95 per person and it INCLUDES THE SALAD BAR!!!!

Favorite Dish: We were in a rush and wouldn't have had time to get our $19.95 per person Churrasco meat and salad bar, so we just went for the $14.95 salad bar. There was a fish item, chicken item as well as beef item (heated) plus amazing amount of heated veggies. Plus: your typical salad bar. Lots of breads and cheeses and soup too. You can't beat $14.95 for an all you can eat salad bar that has heated meat entrees. OH - and beans and rice too, naturally.

I liked everything I got on the salad bar. Don't ask me what it was. It was just great.

It was my boyfriend's first time eating Brazilian and he wants to go back. Like, the following weekend he wanted to go back. And it's an hour drive.

I just hope the restaurant will make it. It was slow business for a Friday night.

They make caiparinhas but don't have a hard liquor license, so they are made with sake, and not caschaca... It was tasty, however.

The ambiance is really nice. Sophisticated inside dining as well as fun outside seating. Good for people watching.

Instant Answers: Boone

Comments

Boone Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Boone restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Boone sightseeing.