Bryson City Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Bryson City

• jmpncsu's Profile Photo

Guayabito's Mexican Restaurant: Skip the Mexican in Bryson City

by jmpncsu Written Jun 10, 2013

We stopped at Guayabito's for lunch after paddling on the Tuckaseegee River. With a big appetite worked up from a morning of kayaking, we were hungry for a good meal and headed to Guayabito's, about the only option for Mexican in Bryson City. We were seated immediately, but despite there being almost no one else in the restaurant, it took a while to get drinks, chips and salsa, and when we were ready to order, someone had to go up and get a server to come and take our order. After taking our order, it took quite a while to get our food. I've been to many Mexican restaurants, mostly very crowded and busy, and this was the longest I've ever had to wait. The chips and salsa were OK at best, the salsa was very bland and had no taste. The server brought out some "spicy" salsa, but this tasted like they just added Tobasco sauce to the regular salsa. The main courses were OK, but nothing great. And I don't think I'd ever return to this restaurant. There's a restaurant with the same name in Maggie Valley, so I thought maybe they had the same owner or something, but that one is a lot better. So if you're in Bryson City, consider getting something besides Mexican.

• Anthony's Pizzaria: The Best!

by deanboot Written Apr 15, 2006

The secret is out! Anthony's has a new chef and I was totally blown away by the fresh appitizers, chicken, pasta and special Italian dinners not to mention the mouth-watering homemade desserts. My kids love Anthony's because they can get a slice of pizza just the way they want it!

• Kayaking
    • Rafting
    • Hiking and Walking

• Anthony's Pizzeria: the best REAL Italian food there is!

by arydell Written Feb 21, 2003

There may not be much in the way of ambience, but the food and service more than make up for that. The waitresses are always prompt, happy, and keep that ice tea glass FULL! The food is not just pizza, but all sorts of Italian food, and all made from fresh ingredients, not prepacked or premade.
    They don't complain when all I want is a glassof hot water to go with my meal, nor do they charge for it!

Favorite Dish: Where to start???? The fresh veggie pizza, with added pepperoni, the white pizza with three cheeses, the spinach/feta pizza, or the calzone? Spaghetti freshly prepared with many kinds of sauces. Who can choose?
    And for those who like wine and beers, there are both old favorites and some new surprises.

Instant Answers: Bryson City

Comments

Bryson City Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Bryson City restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Bryson City sightseeing.