Cape Fear Things to Do

• Scary Diver at the NC Aquarium at Fort Fisher
    Scary Diver at the NC Aquarium at Fort...
    by ConnieNelson
  • Ghoul-drawn carriage tours of historic district
    Ghoul-drawn carriage tours of historic...
    Ghost Walk of Old Wilmington

Most Recent Things to Do in Cape Fear

Halloween Cape Fear-Style!

by ConnieNelson Updated Oct 5, 2009

I've lived in Wilmington/Cape Fear Coast since 1994 and have always enjoyed the Halloween season! I now work at the Wilmington/Cape Fear Coast Convention & Visitors Bureau (since 1998), so I always know what's going on in town.

With nearly two dozen mysterious, fun, and spooky events during October, Wilmington & NC’s Cape Fear Coast is the ideal destination for a Halloween-theme getaway. Cut/paste this link for a list of nearly 2 dozen cool and fun Halloween events that help put the “fear” in “Cape Fear”: http://www.cape-fear.nc.us/press/article.html?submitparam=Search&idparam=419
    For last-minute travel discounts, click on the red Sunny Savers icon. Thanks, Connie

Scary Diver at the NC Aquarium at Fort Fisher Poplar Grove Plantation's Halloween Festival Trick or Treat Under the Sea-NC Aquarium-Ft Fisher Ghost Walk of Old Wilmington Ghoul-drawn carriage tours of historic district
    • Festivals

Mother's Day Getaway Ideas

by ConnieNelson Written Apr 16, 2009

I've lived in Wilmington & North Carolina's Cape Fear Coast since 1994, but before I made the move I was a frequent visitor. I've always been amazed at how much there is to see and do in this historic coastal town. I now work at the Wilmington/Cape Fear Coast Convention & Visitors Bureau so I always know what's going on around town. Here's a link to a list of cool and fun things to do with (or without) Mom during Mother's Day Weekend, May 15-17:

Strolling Along Wilmington's Riverwalk Riverfront Farmer's Market Every Saturday A.M. Families Welcome at the Riverfront Farmers Market Relax at North Carolina Cape Fear Coast Beaches Surrey Rides at Carolina Beach Lake

Come & Play! for the Holidays

by ConnieNelson Updated Nov 13, 2008

I have lived in Wilmington & North Carolina's Cape Fear Coast since 1994 and always enjoy celebrating the Holiday season on the coast. I now work at the Wilmington/Cape Fear Coast Convention & Visitors Bureau, so I always know what's going on in town. Here's a link to a free downloadable holiday brochure with more than 40 fun & festive Coastal events:

Holiday Flotilla-WrightsvilleBeach & CarolinaBeach World's Largest Living Christmas Tree-WilmingtonNC Holiday Lights Battleship North Carolina Enchanted Airlie Gardens - Wilmington NC Island of Lights-Carolina Beach Lake Park
    • Seniors

• acemj's Profile Photo

Bald Head Island and the Old...

by acemj Written Oct 4, 2002

Bald Head Island and the Old Baldy Lighthouse. Unfortunately, I haven't been out onto the island, but I was able to take this picture from a pier at Southport.

Instant Answers: Cape Fear

Comments

Cape Fear Things to Do

Reviews and photos of Cape Fear things to do posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Cape Fear sightseeing.