Cashiers Restaurants

Dee Ready to Eat at High Hampton Inn
    by deecat

Best Rated Restaurants in Cashiers

• deecat's Profile Photo

High Hampton Inn Dining Room: For Genuine Southern Cooking Eat At...

by deecat Updated Apr 26, 2005

While staying for one week at the High Hampton Inn in Cashier, North Carolina, three meals a day came with our room! And what wonderful meals they were.

The Main Dining Room serves traditional Southern favorites buffet style. The management is proud of its fine cuisine and rightfully so. All meals feature a selection of traditional southern dishes such as High Hampton fried chicken, fresh local trout, prime rib, BBQ (shredded pork), fresh vegetables, and hot-out-of-the oven bread.

During lunch and dinner, guests have delicious homemade soups and a full salad bar.
    Breakfast features fresh fruits, crisp bacon, sausage, cereals, hot oatmeal, fresh juices, steaming hot coffee, and home made breakfast rolls. Yum.

Favorite Dish: I remember this large room with a wooden ceiling, beautiful wooden floors and walls, and rows and rows of lovely windows. All tables were covered with tableclothes that matched the curtains, and fresh flowers were on the tables.
    We loved the lunches when one of the choices was the scrumptious shedded Pork BBQ....fantastic.

The desserts were out of this world. I often had fresh strawberries with home whipped whipping cream. Oh, my, just writing about it makes my mouth water.

It was a tremendous week of 3 meals a day that were outstanding. Thank goodness we golfed all the time to burn off some of those well-earned calories!

At dinner, coats and ties are required, and ladies were asked to dress accordingly.

The photo shows me in a dress, leaving our cabin to go eat dinner.

We enjoyed it.

Dee Ready to Eat at High Hampton Inn
    • Golf
    • Adventure Travel

• elmendorfs's Profile Photo

October's End: Deck over the Falls

by elmendorfs Updated Jun 4, 2007

October's End Restaurant located on the edge of Toxaway Falls! The deck feels like it's suspended over the river, but it's actually a little way away. There are some condo's that detract from the view, but the falls and the mountain scenery are great. And, the owner was VERY pleasant and helpful. Good food and service to go along with the awesome setting.

Favorite Dish: Just had appetizers, but they were very good.

• Adventure Travel

• jmpncsu's Profile Photo

The Gamekeepers' Tavern: Local & Unique Food and Wine

by jmpncsu Written Feb 19, 2015

My wife and I were staying in Cashiers and headed to the Gamekeepers' Tavern one night for dinner. We kind of just drove by and saw it, so weren't really sure what to expect. It's a nice restaurant and we didn't have reservations, but they weren't busy and we were able to be seated. I was kind of worried about whether they had a dress code as we were still dirty from hiking in the woods all day, but it was dark enough that I guess no one noticed. The restaurant has a nice ambiance with low lighting and they had a guy playing music near the bar while we were eating. We sat at the bar and were waited on by the bartender who did a good job taking care of us. I had a burger and my wife had venison meat loaf and we both enjoyed our meals. The food is a bit expensive, but it was good and they had an interesting selection of unique, hunting-related foods, like deer, elk, etc. After a busy, hectic week outdoors, it was kind of nice to enjoy some good food.

Instant Answers: Cashiers

Comments

Cashiers Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Cashiers restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Cashiers sightseeing.