Chapel Hill Local Customs

Most Recent Local Customs in Chapel Hill

• TimDaoust's Profile Photo

Apple Chill Street Fair

by TimDaoust Updated Apr 4, 2011

The Apple Chill street fair happens once a year in April and is mainly an arts and crafts fair. During the fair which lasts most of the afternoon into the evening you will also find international foods and various entertainment. I have never been but I hear it's cool and I think I'm going to have to go this year. It's on Sunday April 17, this year.

• Music

• Do not Celebrate Duke in Chapel Hill

by Lildeer Updated Apr 4, 2005
    My Aussie mate gets into the spirit

The University of North Carolina and Duke are two of the best universities in the country. A mere 11 miles separates these rivals and it is considered poor taste to celebrate one while in the town of the other. Remember in Chapel Hill, you are a Carolina Tar Heels fan, not a "Dookie"

• Study Abroad

• TimDaoust's Profile Photo

Halloween Night

by TimDaoust Written Feb 22, 2005

Every year on Halloween night, everyone (well, most everyone) here looks forward to the Chapel Hill Franklin St. Halloween celebration. The police close down several blocks of the main drag, Franklin St. and people of all ages and walks of life come out in all manner of homemade Halloween costumes. The typical french maid outfit to the most odd. The weirdest I saw was a couple dressed as a washer dryer. The event is usually loads of fun. I've only been once but I enjoyed it. Parking is a hassle and worse than one might expect for something like a football game but it's worth it. The whole town goes nuts and there are drum circles and people walking around in droves dressed up to impress or to scare or to get a few laughs.

• Study Abroad

Instant Answers: Chapel Hill

Comments

Chapel Hill Local Customs

Reviews and photos of Chapel Hill local customs posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Chapel Hill sightseeing.