Cherokee Restaurants

• With Indian outside the Stockyard Steaks & Buffet
    With Indian outside the Stockyard Steaks...
    by TravellerMel
  • Restaurants
    by Madasabull
  • Restaurants
    by Shihar

Best Rated Restaurants in Cherokee

• Shihar's Profile Photo

Pancake House: Nothing Fancy...

by Shihar Written Jul 9, 2006

This Pancake is located across the street from Harrah's. We ate here for breakfast.

The inside had the tacky animal head trophys, which made me loose my appetite right away.

I ate: 2 biscuits which were not too bad and frozen oily hash browns.
    Hubbie ate: Breakfast buffet.

• Madasabull's Profile Photo

Anywhere roadside really.: Boiled Peanuts

by Madasabull Written Dec 25, 2013

Oh dear, Boiled Peanuts! That's right Boiled Peanuts.

I had never heard of this before, but the smell as we parked up and got closer to the street vendor, was amazing. Spicy and salty, and yes, peanuty too.

But when we looked closer, it was a big old oil drum, cut in half, full of boiling water over a gas burner, and peanuts in their shells were floating around in what looked like dirty bath water.

But, we bought some each, and the guy put them in a paper bag each, and left, parked up a little bit father up the road, tasted a couple, then dumped the lot in the bushed for the wildlife.

They weren't really bad, but just not nice. A few days later on our road trip near Alabama, we came across Smoked Mullet Dip! Yep, who would have thought we could have topped Boiled Peanuts.

• Adventure Travel

• Shihar's Profile Photo

Paul's: Not Good..

by Shihar Written Jul 9, 2006

We ate at two different locations in Cherokee. Both were really bad...

Paul's looked like a innocent and friendly place.

The service wasn't great. A huge pet peeve of mine is when the waitress brings the bill without asking if you want anything else(for example:dessert). That just says to me that they are more concerned with flipping your table than your patronage.

I ate: grilled cheese with bad cold fries
    Hubbie: Not good Hamburger steak with fries

• TravellerMel's Profile Photo

Stockyard Steaks & Buffet: Stockyard Steaks & Buffet

by TravellerMel Updated Jul 18, 2013

With Indian outside the Stockyard Steaks & Buffet

We stopped in at Stockyard Steaks & Buffet right after leaving the Harrah's Casino - we were hungry! I wouldn't say this is a "nice" restaurant, but it was clean and the food was surprisingly tasty. They had steak on the buffet - the medium-well steak I had was actually medium well! The veggies tasted really good, and all the fixings on the salad bar were fresh. I went back for seconds of the stewed chicken and rice. We were very satisfied! The total (midweek) price was under $30 for the both of us, including a Diet Coke.

As for the photo with the fiberglass Indian? Yeah, we collect photos with cigar store indians - this was close enough, and since it was on our honeymoon, it was a nice memory. :-)

• TravellerMel's Profile Photo

Little Princess Restaurant: Little Princess Restaurant

by TravellerMel Written Apr 29, 2011

We stopped here mid-hike from the Oconoluftee River trail - the terminus is at the Cherokee town limits. Not wanting to eat at a chain restaurant, we came here. Unfortunate choice. There as a buffet in the back which didn't look all that good, so we decided to order off the menu. Standard tourist fare - I ordered a cheeseburger and fries. Both arrived quickly, but you could tell the hamburger patty and fries were the pre-formed, frozen kind.

The food was filling, but not very tasty. Service was fast. Ambiance is non-existant. I cannot recommend this place - just blah.

• goingsolo's Profile Photo

Harrah's casino buffet: All the fried food you can eat

by goingsolo Written Aug 6, 2005

In case you had this place confused with Las Vegas, eating at the buffet will surely set you straight. The "international" buffet is a four part affair comprised of fried, fried, fried and salad. I think that last part may be fried too. I'm not quite sure which nations were represented here.

At $15 for all the artery clogging food you can eat, I suppose its not such a bad deal. The problem is trying to eat the food. The seafood, a combination of shrimp, oysters and crab, all fried, looked suspect. Its hard to ruin fried chicken so even this buffet didn't. It was edible, but barely. I was suprised that the dessert table didn't have any fried twinkies, but there were plenty of jello pudding and various sugar laden creations. Again, the whipped creme and jello pudding concoctions which resembled pies were not too bad, but certainly nothing that would qualify as good.

I've been to my share of Vegas buffets and, while they are hardly fine cuisine, they are generally at least decent. Harrah's world's fair of fried foods really misses the mark.

• Toughluck's Profile Photo

Indian Princess: Quick and simple

by Toughluck Written Sep 14, 2010

Just a simple restaurant. Plenty of space, no waiting, even if there was a crowd. Easy in and out, with plenty of shopping to do within walking distance.

Favorite Dish: General food. I don't know that anything stood out.

Instant Answers: Cherokee

Comments

Cherokee Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Cherokee restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Cherokee sightseeing.