Corolla Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Corolla

• jmpncsu's Profile Photo

Cosmo's Pizza: Pizza by the Beach

by jmpncsu Written Aug 23, 2013

Cosmo's Pizza is a pizzeria near the beach in the Corolla Light Town Center shopping center, located next to the Corolla Light resort and across the street from the Currituck Beach Lighthouse. The pizza was pretty good. It was kind of greasy, but that's how I like pizza; I'm sure others may not like it so much. For dessert, we got the fried dough with cinnamon and sugar sprinkled on it. That was really good. The service was OK. It took a while for us to get seated even though it wasn't terribly crowded and then it seemed like we were being waited on by different servers so we never knew who was our actual waiter. The servers were friendly even though the service was a little slow and the food was good. We would visit again next time we're in the area.

Favorite Dish: Pizza! It's a little greasy, so if you like pizza that way, you'll love their pizza. The fried dough for dessert was really good too.

• jmpncsu's Profile Photo

First Light Breakfast & Burgers: Good Breakfast

by jmpncsu Written Aug 23, 2013

First Light is a restaurant in the TimBuckII shopping center in Corolla. Despite the name, they have more than just breakfast food and burgers. We dined here for breakfast, though, so I can't really say anything about their other food. But the breakfast food was very good. It's a good thing because there aren't really a lot of other options in the Corolla area. I had the classic with eggs, bacon, and home fries, and everything was very tasty. The servers were friendly and took good care of us and the prices were reasonable. Even with a good size crowd, we got good service and didn't have to wait too long for our food. I would definitely eat here for breakfast again when I'm in the area and would like to try their burgers for dinner too.

Nicoletta's: Fancy Italian

by grandmaR Updated Apr 4, 2011

Bob thought he'd seen an ad for a restaurant called Stripers in Corolla, but I didn't see it in the phone book. I now know (because I took a picture of it) that it is upstairs in the same shopping center as the Food Lion.

About 6:30 we started out to see if we could find Stripers, but we did not. It might have been closed. In the cold and dark, not much appeared to be open.

Favorite Dish: We ended up at a fancy Italian restaurant called Nicoletta's which charged $19 for a plate of ravioli (which they were out of). Bob got lasagna, and i got ricotta cheese canatelli (I kept wanting to say cavaletti) with dried tomatoes, eggplant, broccoli and mushrooms which was $21. I couldn't eat it all and brought it back to the condo. The total bill was $46.59 drinking water and with no dessert. And I don't think it was as good as Darrell's where we ate lunch yesterday.

There appeared to be a number of local workmen eating here, along with more nicely dressed people who were drinking wine and having a fine dining experience.

Tomato Patch Pizza: Eat In or Take Out

by grandmaR Updated Apr 4, 2011

Shopping Center mural

We haven't eaten here. I took the picture while sitting in the car with a toothache while Bob went into the grocery store in the shopping center. I understand it is a "comfortable family environment serving classic Italian, Pastas, Subs, and of course Pizza. Eat in or take out"

It didn't appear to be open off season when we were there.

Favorite Dish: The Corolla restaurant review site says:
    .. longtime Corolla favorite, Tomato Patch offers gourmet pizzas with a variety of standard and more unusual toppings (like salami, gyro meat, caramelized onion or grilled eggplant). The Tomato Patch also serves calzones, classic pasta dishes and fresh garden salads. Try a seafood basket, fish and chips or a po’ boy sandwich. It’s open for lunch, dinner and even late night. They have a fully stocked bar named Dr. Unks Oasis.

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

China King: Tired of Seafood?

by grandmaR Updated Sep 23, 2007

China King in the shopping center

I have not eaten here, and I am not sure that it is open off season (which was when we were there). Initially I was not able to find anything about it, but there is now a review on the Corolla restaurant page which says:

" China King offers all the Chinese favorites in a bright, clean atmosphere. Order at the counter or partake of the popular daily buffet. China King is perfect for take-out for large crowds.

Philly Steak Subs: North Corolla

by grandmaR Updated Sep 23, 2007

Sub shop

We didn't eat here - I took the photo while I was sitting in the car in the parking lot waiting for my husband to come back with some pain killers for me to take while waiting for a dentist appointment.

Favorite Dish: The restaurant website says:

A taste from Philly on the Outer Banks with authentic "Philly Cheesesteak" subs and more!

• Sailing and Boating

• April1985's Profile Photo

Black Pelican: Great inexpensive place to eat

by April1985 Written Aug 16, 2006

Me.Marcus.Mike. After we ate at the Black Pelican

I went here with a bunch of friends. We were hungry, and decided to head out to The Black Pelican which is located in Kitty Hawk, NC. My friend knew about this place, since it was her house, so we all hopped in our car's and headed down there. It was about a half an hour to get there, as is everything in NC. Once we got there, we all decided to have pizza. They had great pizza, and we all shared different types.

Favorite Dish: There were probably a lot better things on the menu than pizza.. but we were young, and wanted to keep it inexpensive. The smell of lobster, and crabs, was amazing .. (im used to my dad eating fish, all the time, thats why i know this)

• Steamers Shellfish To Go: Seafood In Timbuck 2, Corolla, NC.

by mj111 Updated Oct 9, 2005

A wonderful way to enjoy the sunset over the sound. Steamers is all about fresh, steamed seafood .Lobsters, Clams ,shrimp, king crab, Snow crab all steamed to perfection. They also have a woderful selection of home made potato and pasta salads . Steamers has one of the finest clam chowders and their seafood bisque is to die for! A modestly priced wine selection always means "two please" anytime we eat there.The restaurant is easily found in the Timbuck 2 shopping center in Corolla. Timbuck 2 is directly across from the Food Lion plaza. Call 20 minutes ahead and your order will be waiting for you so you dont miss the amazing sunset from their deck while you eat. Suffice it to say i love this place!

Favorite Dish: Dont miss the Seafood bisque. And by all means take a slice or two of their home made cheesecake and key lime pie back to your cottage. Great for breakfast.

• Beer Tasting
    • Wine Tasting

Stripers Bar and Grille: Upstairs over the Bike Shop

by grandmaR Updated Mar 24, 2005

Second floor

I have not eaten here as I think it was closed when we were here. Advertisements say that they have great food and atmosphere serving a variety of entrees. Seafood, Beef, Sandwiches, and more! Happy Hour daily.

Instant Answers: Corolla

Comments

Corolla Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Corolla restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Corolla sightseeing.