Duck Favorites

Luc and me in the water in Duck, NC
    by b1bob

Most Recent Favorites in Duck

• b1bob's Profile Photo

A great place to take foreign friends

by b1bob Updated Aug 19, 2006

Luc and me in the water in Duck, NC

Fondest memory: Showing friends from out of town the best the Outer Banks has to offer. PICTURED: my French friend Luc Marcellin and me in the rougher water (August, 1992). This picture was taken moments before my brother slammed into Luc with his boogie board. At the time, I was teaching Luc some Southern expressions. At the time my brother hit, Luc called him a dipstick in a French accent. It sounded like DEEP-steek.

• tpangelinan's Profile Photo

Look for the Painted Horses!

by tpangelinan Written Mar 9, 2005

Painted Horses

Favorite thing: While we were down in the Outer Banks we saw serveral Painted Horses from Corolla to South NagsHead. We had the Painted Dinos up here in Wilmington and the ones that we think started it all was the Painted Cows in Chicago IL. This has become a fast growing art project across this country, it's pretty neat if you catch them on display some where. Ocean City MD. had some really cool birds all over town, Rehoboth Beach DE had great Dolphins. So you may want to keep an eye out in a town near you for these growing art forms! OH and grab your camera and play a game to see how many there are, and if you check with the local visitor center in a town where you find some they will have a list of all and they locations.

• Photography

• Go to The Farmers...

by AshleyD Written Aug 24, 2002

Favorite thing: Go to The Farmers Daughter(Gifts & Collectibles)

Open 9:30am to 6pm year round(summer Season 9:30am to 9:30pm)They ship anywhere in the USA Mon.-Fri.
    Phone number: (919) 261-4828
    Duck Store Location(on the sound in the village of Duck

Fondest memory: There are many big and beatiful houses. Go and look for open houses and walk through them they are beatiful.

Instant Answers: Duck

Comments

Duck Favorites

Reviews and photos of Duck favorites posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Duck sightseeing.