Edenton Favorites

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

County Courthouse Records

by grandmaR Updated May 1, 2011

Flag with 13 stars

Favorite thing: We visited Edenton with two purposes.

The main one was research. Because Edenton was the county seat of the county and in colonial times the courthouse which had the records was here, we wanted to do some genealogical research in the courthouse. My husband's brother had gone through the town and given us some material on it including information on the Edenton Tea Party which one of my husband's ancestresses had participated in. We spent one afternoon in the courthouse looking up and copying records.

Fondest memory: The general architecture and historic buildings that we saw on the walking tour were most interesting. The last two photos are of the Leary building which has a tin front.

• Architecture

• cjg1's Profile Photo

cjg1's General Tip

by cjg1 Written Oct 4, 2002

Fondest memory: while waiting for the bus back to Norfolk that left after 9pm I went to see a movie. The owner of the theatre let me stay and watch both that day after we talked about why i there and things. Very impressed with the sevice from everyone I met in the town.

Instant Answers: Edenton

Comments

Edenton Favorites

Reviews and photos of Edenton favorites posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Edenton sightseeing.