Emerald Isle Travel Guide

• Emerald Isle
    by BetoBR

Emerald Isle Things to Do

• by 1qtkitty Written May 21, 2003

You must visit the Rachel Carson Estuarine Reserve . Okay, I admit that I am an environmental professional, but this is a fun and highly educational tour.
    You are given a guided tour by boat and it is incredibly relaxing and a wonderful way to see nature at work. It is rustic...not lux so bring bug repellent, water, water shoes(for exploring) and a big hat. Ladies, don't even try to look cute... or wear heavy perfume... the mosquitoes love it!

• Beaches
    • Birdwatching
    • National/State Park

Emerald Isle Restaurants

• by MrsDwightKSchrute Written Jul 24, 2009

This restaurant hasn't been good for a few years. I had heard that the chef left around that time. What used to be a really good (one of the few good places to eat near Emerald Isle) restaurant with fresh delicious food has become a place where I will no longer eat. The menu went from tasty unique seafood (and other) dishes to primarily deep fat fried seafood. Fried food is okay but for real flavor, you want a chef that knows how to really prepare a seafood dish without relying on a fryer. I was so sad to see the old menu go.

Favorite Dish: Many years ago I had what was the World's best New England Clam Chowder.

• by jendel629 Written Jun 26, 2007

The restaurant in my opinion was not very clean, service was horrible, food was below par. We had a large party, however, they had been given about a month's notice of our arrival, they also seemed to have a room for larger parties, but when we got there it was complete chaos! There wasnt enough tables set, it took them 45 minutes to get our drinks, an hour to take our order. Then we were given the salad bar and the lettuce was all brown and not well stocked. Shortly later we received our food, I was extremely disappointed. I got the shrimp scampi over pasta and the shrimp was amazing but the overall dish severely lacked taste. The white wine was not cooked off and left this weird after taste. We paid a straight fee for the meal with all the extras included and personally I wouldnt of even paid half the price we paid. I will never go back to this place even if you paid me.

Favorite Dish: Enough said above.

• by NJNative2885 Written Jul 10, 2006

Busy but seemed to be a local favorite. Was recommended to me by a local. Off the Island, but very close and easy to get to. Busy, but worth it. Tons of food and extremely reasonable. Dinner for 4 including 1 child, was about $45. We even had food to take home. Recommended and will go back again.

Favorite Dish: Fried Oysters and Shrimp

Instant Answers: Emerald Isle

Comments

Emerald Isle Travel Guide
Map of Emerald Isle