Hampstead Travel Guide

Hampstead Hotels

Hampstead Restaurants

• msbrandysue's Profile Photo

by msbrandysue Written Feb 4, 2009

J and J's is right off the main road through town that was taking us to Wilmington. It was the first decent place we'd come to since we left Jacksonville. The restaurant seated us after a small wait since there were many people eating breakfast. They really aren't very big and probably could not seat more then 50 people. The tables are small and the area is. However, they do have a pastry counter where you could order something to go.

My family and I had different items for breakfast but we agreed that they were all good. I had an omelet and it was very good...and I'm not much of a breakfast kind of person.

The only thing was that they didn't have a kids menu to speak of. The portions were adult sizes but my pregnant sister-in-law didn't have any problem finishing my little nephews plate. :)

Favorite Dish: The omelet and hash browns were very good....

Takeout Menu

by grandmaR Updated Jan 29, 2004

Harbor Village Marina is very isolated, and Panda delivers to it regularly. We nearly always get Chinese delivered when we are there.

Favorite Dish: I usually get General Tsu's Chicken ($7.25 with white rice as a single entree) and Bob usually gets Sweet and Sour Pork.

In addition to the regular ala cart menu there are three big combo categories on the takeout menu.

Family Dinner ($8.95 per person-minimum 2 people) which includes appetizer (5 choices) , soup (egg drop, hot and sour or wonton), and one entree per person from a list of 12.

Chef's Specials which range from Triple Delight for $7.50 to Sizzling Seafood Worbar at $11.95

Combination Dinners (all $5.95) - a list of 12 all served with egg roll and fried rice.

They also have luncheon specials (11:30 to 2:00 Monday to Friday) which are even cheaper.

I listed the price at $11-$20 instead of less than $10 because I included the tip we give the delivery person in the price. They must do quite well out of the marina because almost all the transients order Chinese from them.

• grandmaR's Profile Photo
    Menu of Italian restaurant that delivers

by grandmaR Updated Jan 29, 2004

I can't figure the name of this restaurant out from the flyer and I can find no information about where it is from the internet. I just know that there was a possibility of ordering food from there to be delivered to the marina.

There seem to be other items (other than pizza) that can be ordered, so if you don't want just pizza, this might be a good choice. I have not ordered from them.

Hampstead Sports & Outdoors

From the middle of the marina - toward office 4 more images

by grandmaR Updated Oct 18, 2006

We have stopped at Harbour Village three times, and it is a flat $1.20/ft. They have laundry (closed and locked after 7 pm) and shower facilities, and email in a boaters lounge (also locked at 7 pm) but it is a long walk (about a quarter mile) around. They don't want you to do any discharge into the marina, but it's impossible to get up and go to the bathroom in the middle of the night.

They now do have a golf cart to get from the transient side of the marina around to the bathrooms.

Equipment: It is difficult to get into the transient slips in a south wind (which we often have), and the marina manager keeps his boat on the gas dock where it is in the way if your boat is blown around. Diesel was $1.27/gal here.

This is a very isolated marina and there is nothing around to walk to. They used to let you have the marina truck after hours to go to get food. Otherwise you have to eat on the boat or get take-out and have it delivered.

THey have some kind of special deal now for people "north of the Maryland line" that you can leave your boat there for the winter for a special rate. (6 months starting 1 Nov) They don't say which Maryland line they want you north of (Virginia or Mason Dixon).

Both Gasoline and Diesel Fuel Available
    Winter Hours:
    Saturday, Sunday 9:00AM - 5:00PM
    Monday, Thursday, Friday - 8:00AM - 5:00PM
    Closed Tuesday and Wednesday

Hampstead Favorites

• by SatisfiedCWL Written May 21, 2007

Favorite thing: Harbor Villiage Marina is the perfect place to dock for a while. The people are great, the scenery is perfect and it is close to everything in SE North Carolina to do. Within golf cart distance, There are two great public golf courses are some of the finest eateries in Dixie via the Marina's rental car.

Fondest memory: My childhood (and) present spending my summers on the Sea Pup in the Harbor Village Marina.

Golf and boating 4 more images

by grandmaR Written Jun 12, 2003

Favorite thing: I've only visited Hampstead by boat, and the marina is very isolated so I've not seen anything of it except the marina. I gather it is a big golf desination.

Fondest memory: This seems to be an area where a lot of people live in fantastic houses along the ICW. It's fascinating to see them.

• Cruise
    • Golf

• Hampstead Hotels

2 Hotels in Hampstead

3 Reviews and Opinions

Instant Answers: Hampstead

Comments

Hampstead Travel Guide
Map of Hampstead