PLEASE Respect the beach
Favorite thing: The greatest treasure that Hatteras has to offer is the beautiful beach. Please respect the beach by taking EVERYTHING off the beach that you bring on to the beach. There are no trash cans provided, so be sure to cart out what you cart in.
ruff tide at times!
Favorite thing: While we were there a few hurricanes were coming toward the Florida coast and Gulf so we had some pretty ruff surf. This made swimming a little tuff but the water was warm and clear. Just be careful of the rip tides and under currants. Now if you are a surfer this is your time to shine!
- Water Sports
Clean beaches and few people!
Favorite thing: We love the Outer Banks, the beaches are just about empty! The only people you do see are people who have rented a house here so you can leave your stuff on the beach all day with out worry that someone will take it. The people are very friendly, how can you not be, your in paradise! The section of beach in front of your house is all yours and some time you just don't see any one for hours.
- Family Travel
- Luxury Travel
Go to the beach! You will...
Favorite thing: Go to the beach! You will enjoy how clean the beaches are in Hatteras. Swim, boogie board, lay out, and breathe in the salty sea air!
Fondest memory: Standing at the point of Hatteras. Waves crashing into you coming from opposite directions is just one thrill of Hatteras!
svillegirl's General Tip
Fondest memory: The fondest memories I have are of my friends in Hatteras. After a day of fishing you can't imagine how wonderful it is to eat your catch and take a bottle of wine to watch the sun set over the Pamlico Sound. I could do this every day of my life and always be amazed.
(i hope to get a great sunset picture here soon!)
Visit the Outer Banks!This...
Favorite thing: Visit the Outer Banks!
This is a string of islands off of the coast of North Carolina. From the moment you drive across the Currituck Sound you realize this place is different from your typical 'beach town'.
Despite the growth over the last 20 years that I have been going there, it retains it’s charm. Here is a list of some of my favorite places to visit while there:
1. Duck – The Sanderling Inn: Very upscale resort/restaurant
2. Kitty Hawk – John’s: A little shack of a place that serves the best fresh milk shakes!
3. Kill Devil Hills – Awful Authur’s: The original restaurant/bar burned down. The new restaurant is much bigger and has lost some of the “intimate” feel to it.
4. Nags Head - Kelly’s Tavern: Lot’s of nice dark corners, fresh seafood. During winter, it’s just about the only nightlife in town.
5. Nags Head – Penguin Isle: Upscale restaurant, great food!
6. Hatteras Island – Austin Creek Grill: The location assures the best seafood! It is located right on the dock of Hatteras Landing Marina, so it gets some beautiful views of the famous sound sunsets. Food is good, if a little over priced.
Fondest memory: The Hatteras Island Lighthouse was recently moved back from the shore line to prevent it from falling into the ocean. This is my mother in front of the light house
Favorite thing: Grab your camera and get some really cool dune photos, I had a lot of fun with these dunes! Hatteras is one place you will really need your camera and lots of batteries to keep you going.
- National/State Park
- Official Site
- Travelocity Official Site
- Book now and save big
- CheapTickets.com Get our lowest price