Hatteras Island Nightlife

Bobby singing to us
    My family
    by PA2AKgirl
    family and people we met while there

Most Recent Nightlife in Hatteras Island

• PA2AKgirl's Profile Photo

The Froggy Dog: Karoke and lots of beer...a good mix? YES!

by PA2AKgirl Written Oct 3, 2006

During the day, the Froggy Dog is a great restaurant. It's relaxed and not at all overpriced. By night (in the summer), it has karaoke. One day, we were eating lunch here and Bobby noticed the karaoke sign. Usually, when my family goes to Hatteras we just hang out at the houe at night and drink there so going out (all together) was going to be something new. We decided on a day and met up at the bar. It's always weird to start--you haven't had a drink and people are singing--usually pretty badly. This is when you have no drinks in you.

Bobby and I were the first to find ourselves in this situation so we quickly grabbed a pitcher of beer and waited for my sister, brother-in-law and my niece who arrived shortly afterwards. The minutes began to pass quickly, the pitchers were empty just as quick and soon, Bobby signed up to sing. He's such a wonderful singer, but I haven't ever heard him do karaoke so I didn't know what to expect. Everyone in that bar loved him and after his second song, not only was my family making requests for him but so were complete strangers. Not only that, they were telling him to go on "American Idol" The music ended before the bar closed and we were sad to see the night end. We did talk with people for the rest of the time and decided that when we go back to Hatteras, the Froggy Dog is a new tradition

Dress Code: It's mostly a locals bar and at the beach, so it's definitely casual. People still had their bathing suits on and I can't recall a single person who was really dressed up.

Bobby singing to us My family family and people we met while there Bobby and the result of too much beer

Outerbanks Brewing Station: Good pre party or weeknight spot

by PA2AKgirl Updated Oct 29, 2004

This place is pretty good...I've always had a good time there. Earlier this month when we went, the bartender told me I couldn't pass out on his bar but really, I was just laughing so hard I couldn't breathe...we talked to a lot of people there that night--they are definitely friendly!
    they make their own beer (hence the brewing station in the title) which changes seasonally...right now the best one is called "Tina Cakes" if you happen to be going down in the dead of winter.

It's nice to start here and then go someplace else if you want to dance or being with less of a restaurant crowd.

• Beer Tasting

• PA2AKgirl's Profile Photo

Quagmires: outdoor seating overlooking the ocean

by PA2AKgirl Updated Jan 16, 2004

I have only been here during the off season, but it was fun even then. I hear it's really great during the summer. There's live music, games (like volleyball, horseshoes) out on the beach and a beach party every Sunday. They also have a full lunch and dinner menu. Additionally, there are 2 decks for outdoor seating

Dress Code: It's the beach and it's going to be hot

ahh, yuengling on the carolina coast!

Instant Answers: Hatteras Island

Comments

Hatteras Island Nightlife

Reviews and photos of Hatteras Island nightlife posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Hatteras Island sightseeing.

View all Hatteras Island hotels