Hatteras Island Shopping

Most Recent Shopping in Hatteras Island

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

Village Grocery: Buying Food

by grandmaR Updated May 17, 2008

Many people rent houses for their week in the Outer Banks. Their thinking is that they will save money over staying in a hotel because they can cook their own food. There are several grocery stores in various places on Hatteras Island. Some of them are:

Avon Grocery Stores

Conner's Supermarket
    (252) 995-5711

Island Deliveries
    252-305-0357

For more information, visit www.islanddeliveries.biz.

Red Drum Food Mart

Seafood 'N Stuff
    St. Waves Plaza, NC Hwy. 12
    Waves, NC 27982
    (252) 987-1222

What to buy: I have not actually shopped here, but I did take a picture of this market. The website says that in additon to the usual groceries, the Village Grocery has Boars Head Deli meats, gourmet cheeses and spices, as well as specialty desserts and coffees. The Village Grocery even boasts a convenient salad bar and ready-made Boar's Head sandwiches, wraps and paninis for a quick lunch or dinner

• Beaches

• Island Deliveries: Grocery Delivery is the Way to Go

by dawnchit Written May 16, 2008

Food Lion is chaotic on Saturdays and Sundays with these two days being the check-in days. It becomes a grueling chore when you could be at the beach with your groceries in the fridge upon arrival. I would check out www.islanddeliveries.biz and have groceries delivered. It is well worth the money to avoid the store and make the most out of your vacation.

• PA2AKgirl's Profile Photo

Wings: They are everywhere!

by PA2AKgirl Written Mar 11, 2004

This chain of stores popped up on the Outer Banks a few years ago--and they are seriously like every half mile. It's your usual tourist trap store, with souveniers, bathing suits, t-shirts, jewelry. I like the local surf shops as an alternative, but sometimes you can find good deals in here. When we were down here in January, I seriously found a nice bikini for 99 cents. No joke. My niece got one for $4.00. During the summer, they raise the prices of course, so if you decide to go here, I recommend doing it in the off season.
    However, I think during this time, the way they get their employees is just by opening the door and the first people they see walking by, they ask if they want some work for the day. They were so shady! My niece made me guard the dressing room because the guy kept following us around...even when we walked out to our car...asking us where we were from, who we were visiting, if we were going out that night...

What to buy: Like I said, the bathing suit sale was incredible when we were there! There wasn't a single one (and there are hundreds to choose from) over $10.00, normally priced around $70.00

What to pay: In the summer, it's overpriced.
    In the winter, it's cheap

Instant Answers: Hatteras Island

Comments

Hatteras Island Shopping

Reviews and photos of Hatteras Island shopping posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Hatteras Island sightseeing.

View all Hatteras Island hotels