Hickory Nightlife

• Nightlife
    by Hexepatty

Most Recent Nightlife in Hickory

• Hexepatty's Profile Photo

Side Pocket Lounge: Dive Bar Extraordinaire!

by Hexepatty Updated Oct 13, 2007

I won't really call this a nightclub, although it has certain night club elements: live music, dancing, willing adults to converse with and a full bar, naturally. It could be called a sports bar because it has lots of pool tables (hence, "Side Pocket" in the name... ) I like to call it a People Watching place where you can interact if you are in the mood to. I spoke to a trashed man who "made that move!" He saw my curly hair and you know? Some folks just want to touch it. This drunk guy did. Just sat next to me and then lurched forward and touched my damn curly hair. I wasn't frightened or put off cuz I knew people there that were going to make sure I was okay. I was happy when management took him aside (and apparently was kicked out!). Won't lie about that.

We made friends with a woman that was in a hottie mood and she got me up and we danced. Then we looked at the harmonica player - an immense guy that looked like Stephen Root from "Office Space". We noticed he took his shoes off. Me and the girl starting giggling nonstop!

The live music is interesting, and if you drink lots and have your friends with you, it could sound even better. You are encouraged to sing along and even play air guitar with your pool cue.

I was told we won't go there much. Saddens me. I like a dive bar as well as the next person.
    Especially a Dive Bar that says at the entrance you must be a member or a guest. (We were neither: but we were just told to Sign In and we did!).

So, I suspect this little gem will be on the VT Guest Tour of Hickory Roster.

Please come visit me soon so I have an excuse to come back.

Oh - and I saw the most 'facially challenged' looking woman in my entire life in this bar. I kid you not. This woman had both our attention. It was amazing how facially challenged she was. But you know what? She had a good time and had a feller to talk to. It did seem like he was drinking quite heavily, however.

Please come visit Hickory and get in touch. I gotta see this place one more time.

Dress Code: Ahhh.... now we get to the good part. Wear / dress anyway you want! I saw folks wearing suits, practically. And girls wearing their Friday night "I'm gonna get me something tonigh" attire. But for the most part, T shirts and jeans would be your attire choice. And wear something you don't mind smelling smokey until washed. It's that kinda place. Booze and cigs and pool and VERY colorful people.

• Hexepatty's Profile Photo

A Hickory Home: Find a Local

by Hexepatty Updated Dec 26, 2006

You hang out with the locals. They are friendly lot and likely to have you cooking while drinking, and singing & dancing before you know it! And after you eat, you go on the porch and burn one while watching the night stars. Cats may come and lick your toes. That's a sign of GOOD LUCK in Hickory! Then you go to bed kinda early cuz they tucker out early in Hickory. And it's a good thing. Lots to do in the Morning! Early to bed, early to rise!

Dress Code: Dress Down. No need to dress fancy. Hickoryites are pretty casual in their attire for home evenings.

Instant Answers: Hickory

Comments

Hickory Nightlife

Reviews and photos of Hickory nightlife posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Hickory sightseeing.