Jacksonville Restaurants

Peanut

Most Recent Restaurants in Jacksonville

White Oak River Bistro: Waterfront dining overlooking the White Oak River

by spartan Updated Apr 4, 2011

European cuisine with an Italian flair

Favorite Dish: You start off with bread and olive oil for dipping. Then comes the salad which is pretty good (try the peppercorn dressing (simply marvelous). For dinner, I had the Scallops Gorgonzola (large sea scallops sauteed in alfredo sauce with gorgonzola cheese, spinach, pine nuts and linguine alfredo on the side.

O'Charley's: A Lil of Everything

by msbrandysue Updated Feb 2, 2009

Before coming to Jacksonville, I had never heard of this place. While out with my parents we were looking for something new that had a mixture for our different tastes (my dad is VERY picky!). We ran across O'Charley's out on Western Rd. as we were Christmas shopping so it's very convenient.

The ambience is laid-back. We sat in the bar so my dad could smoke and we watched highlights of the games.

The waitresses were kind of slow but nice. The variety of food was great.

Favorite Dish: I had the club sandwich which I loved because it comes with honey mustard instead of mayo. My mom had the chicken fingers which looked really good. My dad had steak soup which he said was very spicy.

Really cool thing?? They have Mountain Dew and Diet Mountain Dew!!! Not many places in Texas serve it.

Texas Steakhouse and Saloon: Meat, Texas-Style

by msbrandysue Updated Feb 2, 2009

Texas Steakhouse has what, ladies and gentlemen? Uh huh, right! Steaks...
    As well as other meat products and soups and salads, sandwiches, and brewskis. There really is many different options if steak isn't your favorite thing in the world to eat.

The ambience is very country as cowboy pictures adorn the walls and signs from Texas. There is even a section of the restaurant made from an old saloon. The bathroom is even called the Outhouse.

It's very kid-friendly with a FREE mechanical horse (like the ones outside a grocery store) that children can ride. One of my favorite parts was the FREE juke box with many different country selections. My nephew had a great time!

The staff were all really nice as my nephew was up and causing trouble after he ate.

The one negative would be the higher prices. I think I paid $14 for my meal and the coconut shrimp alone was $15. Prices are higher for steaks.

Favorite Dish: I tried the taste of Texas which was a small portion of ribs, two chicken tenders and two coconut shrimp. I ended up giving the ribs to my brother and only getting one of the tenders down, as I was getting full quickly after a small salad and bread rolls brought to the table for everyone. Oh, and the steamed broccoli was a good side too. All of the plates were clean, so I can't complain about the food!

Chili's: Easy Going...Good Food

by msbrandysue Written Mar 24, 2008

The view

Chili's is considered by some as "fast food." It is a sit-down restaurant with a very laid back atmosphere. There is food and a full service bar. Children are usually present as well as good times. This is one of those places where you can find anything for anyone so it ends up being somewhere I go A LOT, especially with family and big groups. If you're in a rush this place usually serves your food in around 15-20 minutes. Of course, you can also get it to go as they offer their full menu in a To-Go option.

The hours are not listed on the website but I've always been able to get in before 11pm. They are open even later on weekends.

This is a chain of restaurants so be sure to type in your hotel's address on the website to find the one nearest you. They are all over the area.

Favorite Dish: For an appetizer around $2-3 we get the unending bowl of chips and hot sauce. Their chips are very good. If you want to try something new order a side of ranch and dip them in ranch dressing. Very good! And I used to hate ranch dressing...Since I tried chips with ranch I'm hooked.

For an entree I now get the Quesadilla Explosion. It is a salad with fajita chicken on top, as well as tomatos, corn, beans, etc. They also serve cheese quesadilla squares surrounding the salad. I always get the avacado ranch with it. Yummmmy!

If you don't do salads the grilled chicken sandwich is good. It comes with honey mustard, melted swiss cheese, and bacon on it. The chicken quesadillas are also very good. Chili's is quite famous for their baby back ribs, if you'd like to try those.

Mike's Farm Reception Area in the Back: Cute Country Place for Reception

by msbrandysue Updated Mar 23, 2008

Beautiful area

My brother had his wedding, reception, and rehearsal dinner here so I got to see a bunch of different aspects of this place...It's mostly visited for its home cookin' restaurant but I'll show you some pictures of the reception area and back gazebo we used for the wedding.

On a side note, they did have a HUGE parking lot in case you're traveling in a larger vehicle...

Favorite Dish: We had the pulled pork bbq, fried chicken, biscuits, macaroni, mashed potatoes, corn and green beans. Loved ALL the fixin's...not too crazy about the meat but we didn't get to choose.

El Cerro Grande: Good Mexican Food

by msbrandysue Written Jan 20, 2008

That's it.....

The restaurant was kind of truck stop casual. You get chips and hot hot sauce when you sit down. There is beer available. A huge menu awaits you. Definitely come hungry! You can pick from lunch specials or different variety platters.

Just an ordinary mexican food restaurant but the food was good.

Favorite Dish: I have never like beef enchiladas in my life but these were very good, after I scraped away tons of sauce on top. :)

Outback Steakhouse: Great Steaks

by msbrandysue Written Jan 20, 2008

Lucas sure does love Outback!

A chain of steakhouses that runs across America with an Aussie style. The food is excellent. Comes with salads before your meal, and wonderful bread. They are well-known for their baked potato that they roll in salt. Makes the skin delicious!! The drinks are especially good. It's very laidback. You can come in shorts or nice slacks and fit in just fine.

Favorite Dish: I always get the filet with a baked potato and a salad to start off with honey mustard.

Don't forget your frozen Wallaby Darned! It's a frozen peach-flavored vodka drink. It doesn't taste strong so if you enjoy the fruity drinks that don't taste like alcohol you'll love this!

Logan's Roadhouse: Behind the ruckus

by spartan Updated Jun 11, 2003

Modeled after roadhouses of the 1930's and 1940's, this chain offers generous portions of moderately priced, quality food in a fun and exciting atmosphere (e.g., they place a bucket of peanuts on your table and you can shuck them and throw the shells on the floor).

Favorite Dish: All entrees include dinner or caesar salad, Logan's famous homemade yeast rolls and choice of side. SO having said that, I would recommend either the 12 oz. New York Strip or Ribeye with wild rice and wash it down with either a Sam Adams or Yuengling beer.

The Flying Bridge Seafood Restaurant: Fresh seafood caught locally

by spartan Updated Jun 11, 2003

Fresh fish caught off the North Carolina coast and served many different ways.

Favorite Dish: Recommend the 3 Choice Combo - Blackened Shrimp, Scallops and Clams, with twiced baked potato, cole slaw, garlic bread and beer.

Instant Answers: Jacksonville

Comments

Jacksonville Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Jacksonville restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Jacksonville sightseeing.