Jacksonville Shopping

Most Recent Shopping in Jacksonville

Belk: Department Bores

by msbrandysue Updated Apr 4, 2011

I had never seen a store named Belk until I came here. It's merely a boring department store like Sears or JC Penneys. We couldn't find anything we liked here but if desperate times come upon you it has a few options. However, since there are fine shops down the road and more stylish options in the mall I would highly suggest skipping this store. Nothing happened inappropriately in here...Just not worth the trip!

Monday-Saturday 10am-9pm
    Sunday 12pm-6pm

What to buy: I think they had some sales on lawn equipment or tools that we were looking at buying my brother for Christmas

What to pay: Prices weren't impressive...

Jacksonville Mall: Satisfactory Mall

by msbrandysue Updated Feb 2, 2009

Jacksonville Mall is a place I've been a few times which is very rare as I don't really visit malls much even in my home town. Alas, my brother and sister-in-law have dragged me there and we looked for Christmas presents there (which I didn't find any).

The cool part is that they just built a Barnes and Noble and a Starbucks across the street.

Monday-Saturday 10am-9pm
    Sunday 12pm-6pm

Check the website on the left for the store directory. It's a drop down menu so I can't post it.

What to buy: My mom bought some martini glasses at Hallmark. My brother bought his wedding ring there but I wouldn't trust it. Most of the name-brand stores are in the other direction of Western Blvd.

What to pay: Same as anywhere else

• msbrandysue's Profile Photo

Overall Shopping: What a surprise! Great shopping!

by msbrandysue Written Mar 25, 2008

I was really surprised how many shops have popped up in Jacksonville. Mostly chains, but good chains for that matter. The other advantage is they are all around the same area. There is the mall and then down the street are more of the bigger chains (Best Buy, Michaels, Hobby, Lobby, Target, etc).

I really like Cato's Fashions for women's clothing. They have regular sizes but are most known for their plus size fashions. The clothes are well priced and usually pretty stylish.

What to buy: I usually buy my tops here. They can range anywhere from $5 (on clearance) to $20. Overall, they have much cheaper, yet nicer, clothes than the average store.

What to pay: $5-20 per item

Instant Answers: Jacksonville

Comments

Jacksonville Shopping

Reviews and photos of Jacksonville shopping posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Jacksonville sightseeing.