Jacksonville Things to Do

Exchange (Mall) on the Base
    You have to sign in first
    by msbrandysue
    Monument when u come in the gate

Most Recent Things to Do in Jacksonville

• msbrandysue's Profile Photo

Tour a Base....New River

by msbrandysue Updated Jan 20, 2008

You have to sign in first

If you're traveling to Jacksonville you more than likely have family in the military. My brother showed us around the base he works at, Camp New River. It was really nice to see how our country has organized our defenses.

I'm not quite sure what I am allowed to show on here and what I'm not. I'll put what I think is best... If there are problems I'll be glad to erase whatever is inappropriate!

More info is on the website!

• msbrandysue's Profile Photo

Camp Legeune

by msbrandysue Written Jan 20, 2008

Waiting to get clearance before entering...Gate

Camp Legeune is what makes Jacksonville, Jacksonville. Most of the economy is brought in by the 150,000 people living on and around the base. If you can get in the gate (with a military ID or someone who has one) it is amazing to see if you've never been on a base. With over 156,000 acres it's amazing to see how self-sufficient it is. From golf courses, to three public schools (elementary, middle, and high school), to a naval hospital, movies theatres, mall, etc. And, don't forget the neighborhoods!

This was my first actual base so I was definitely blown away. It's fun to see. Definitely check it out!

• spartan's Profile Photo

Visit Camp Lejeune Marine Corps Base

by spartan Updated Jun 11, 2003

Flying a Harrier

Camp Lejeune is known as "The Home of Expeditionary Forces In Readiness." It has nearly 7,000 buildings and facilities, 475 miles of roads, 49 miles of railroad tracks, 54 live fire ranges and 10 fire stations. It occupies 246 square miles (153,439 acres) including 14 miles of beach on the Atlantic Ocean which is used for amphibious training.

Instant Answers: Jacksonville

Comments

Jacksonville Things to Do

Reviews and photos of Jacksonville things to do posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Jacksonville sightseeing.