Jacksonville Transportation

The back of the rental car
    Lucas in the car!
    All safe and sound

Most Recent Transportation in Jacksonville

• msbrandysue's Profile Photo

Where to fly into

by msbrandysue Updated Jan 16, 2012

The most easily accessible and popular (cheaper) airport to fly into to visit Jacksonville is Raleigh/Durham but then you have a 2 hour drive ahead of you. After taking this route once or twice my family discovered the Ellis Airport (code: OAJ) in Jacksonville, North Carolina! It's quite more expensive to fly into this, rather than Raleigh/Durham but the convenience is very nice as it's only 10 minutes from the military bases. The small airport only gets service from one or two United flights a day and Delta so there's not a lot to pick from. And if you miss your flight it may be problematic but it's definitely a good option if you're limited. My family now flies into this airport when visiting my brother and his family in Jacksonville.

*Next time I'm there I'll try to get a picture for you!

• msbrandysue's Profile Photo

Best Rental Car Place We've Found

by msbrandysue Updated Apr 4, 2011

We flew into Raleigh/Durham and rented a car to get to Jacksonville. My dad and I looked online for the best deal. It was really difficult to rent a car without a usename and password for each company so we went through expedia. The cheapest was Alamo. We got in pretty late and there was only one man at the desk but he was very friendly. While waiting for the paper work he asked why we were here and when we told him for my brother's wedding he gave us a free upgrade to a Cadillac SUV (very nice) with two sun roofs and all the works including satellite radio.

The car was great. We enjoyed the leather seats and extra room for our suitcases. I will definitely use them again!

The back of the rental car Lucas in the car! All safe and sound Sign of a great car....smooth ride....sound proof

Instant Answers: Jacksonville

Comments

Jacksonville Transportation

Reviews and photos of Jacksonville transportation posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Jacksonville sightseeing.