Kill Devil Hills Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Kill Devil Hills

• jmpncsu's Profile Photo

Outer Banks Brewing Station: Wind-Powered Brewery

by jmpncsu Written Jan 5, 2014

Outer Banks Brewing Station is America's first wind-powered brewery and pub. It's right along US-158 and you can't miss the wind turbine. The food and beer here were very tasty and the service was pretty good. We stopped for dinner during the off-season in the winter and they were still pretty crowded. I had a burger and it was good and my wife had crab legs. She always has to have her crab legs every time we head out to the beach and she really liked them. She said the portion was generous and they were cooked perfectly. Some places can be a little questionable on what's considered a half-pound of crab legs. I always like to try local beers when I'm traveling and the beer here was very tasty. I had the Yuletide IPA, a seasonal beer, and it was very good. I was just disappointed that they didn't have any bottled that I could take to go.

Favorite Dish: My wife was very impressed with the crab legs - a good size portion and cooked to perfection.

• Beer Tasting

• jmpncsu's Profile Photo

Pigman's Bar-B-Que: Good BBQ on OBX

by jmpncsu Updated Jan 3, 2014

We were staying in Kill Devil Hills and asked our AirBnB host about this place, after seeing the sign driving in. It was in December and a lot of places are closed for the season. Our host was pescatarian, so didn't eat pork, but said he had other guests who liked this place, so we gave it a try. We were very pleased with the food. My wife and I both got BBQ plates and they were delicious. The portions were a good size, so we both left full, all for about $25. They make their own sauces, original and hot. The hot sauce was great and I ended up using that for my fries instead of ketchup. Living in North Carolina, we definitely eat a good amount of barbeque and Pigman's definitely met our expectations. We will definitely eat here again next time we visit the Outer Banks.

Favorite Dish: The barbeque, of course! If you don't eat pork, they also have BBQ beef, chicken, and tuna.

Bob's Grill: Eat and Get the Hell Out

by grandmaR Updated Apr 4, 2011

Bob's Grill from the highway

I took this picture because my husband's name is Bob, and because of the motto. It was too far from where we were staying for us to come down here for dinner, and we were never in the area at lunchtime either.

I have copied parts of a review from the website listed.

Open every day all year. Closed from 2:30 to 5:00 P.M. daily

Favorite Dish: "Bob serves big, cheap breakfasts all year seven days a week, until 2:30 P.M. -- and that's hard to find around here. The blueberry pancakes are big enough to cover the entire plate. Eggs are made any way you want, and the hash browns flavored with onions and peppers are some of the best around... Owner Bob McCoy cooks much of the food himself. A hot lunch special is available every day. You can't leave town without trying Bob's No. 1 seller -- Philly steak and cheese. Dinners feature the biggest cuts of prime rib on the Outer Banks, Cajun beer batter-dipped shrimp, and fresh mahimahi caught just offshore. .. Save room for the hot fudge brownie dessert. .. McCoy's well-known gruff motto, "Eat and get the hell out," has obviously not offended any ...everything can be ordered for takeout."

• Tom_Fields's Profile Photo

Chilli Peppers: Seafood with a Southwestern Twist

by Tom_Fields Written Jun 1, 2009

Here is a small, modest "hole-in-the-wall" place that serves up a combination of seafood and Southwestern cuisine. It's also a combination of good cooking and friendly service.

Favorite Dish: I had the seafood enchilidas. Very nice.

• Bob's eat and get the hell out: vulgar dive

by letfly Written Apr 8, 2007

We pulled in this joint because my kid's thought the name was funny. The name did not bother us at all. The service was good, prices OK, the food was eatable but not as good as the place next door. Ordering was complex.

The problem is the "Eat and get the hell out " slogan. It is fine on T - shirts but when you get to checkout you find it in your face emblazoned across the crotch of red vinyl thongs.
    Now if you are there with your grandmother, mom and young kids and you are OK with having vulgar oral sex references in everyones' face, then this is the place for you. The experience is made more enjoyable by having the silly waitress giggling when you see the thongs and the cook slobbering at your young daughter's red faced embarrassment.

Favorite Dish: They can almost fry an egg OK>

• b1bob's Profile Photo

Pigman's Barbecue: Pigman's Barbecue

by b1bob Updated Aug 2, 2006

Pigman's Bar-B-Que

Their hush puppies are out of this world. For those of y'all who have never heard of hush puppies, they are fried balls of cornbread. The good ones, like these, have onions mixed in the batter.

Favorite Dish: Pork barbecue platter with baked beans and their own recipe for hush puppies has become a tradition for the first night in the Outer Banks.

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

Van's Pizza: The First Pizza on the Beach.

by grandmaR Written May 4, 2005

Church and parking lot

There are two restaurants here at the same address. Van's Pizza and The Circle Restaurant. I know nothing about either of them. I took the picture because of the colorful car parked in the church parking lot next door.

Chilli Peppers: Look for the Red Horse

by grandmaR Updated Dec 15, 2004

collage -food, sign, menu

It was noon, and I was hungry, but I had a toothache. We drove all the way back from Bodie Island to Southern Shores looking for a place which had soft food so I could eat something. I finally decided on Chilli Peppers in Kill Devil Hills.

The picture has some of the T-shirts that are for sale, the top of the lunch menu (with the red bar across the top), the specials menu for the day, and our food in it.

There was interesting metal sculptures outside, so while Bob was paying, I went out and photographed them. In addition they also had one of the winged horse statues (like London had cows, and Calvert County had sea horses, and Norfolk has mermaids and D.C. has pandas). This one was red. We've also seen one that is painted like a zebra.

Favorite Dish: I had the $6.95 pasta special (bowties with chicken) and Bob had 2 chicken tacos for $7.00. We both got enormous plates of food. The total bill was $18.85 which is more than we usually spend for lunch, but Bob could only eat one of his tacos (the taco was dinner plate size) and I didn't eat all mine either. So we got the rest boxed up to go. Bob had the foresight to put the cooler in the trunk in case we got some food.

• Eco-Tourism
    • Adventure Travel

• ShoeBoxMemories's Profile Photo

Goombay's: Come for the atmosphere

by ShoeBoxMemories Written Oct 11, 2004

This is a laidback, hangout after hitting the beach restaurant. Its very casual and has that happy noise of people enjoying time together. You can keep your eyes busy looking at the great decorations on the walls and ceilings. The menu does include alot of local sea life, but more in the forms of fish sandwiches and salads. This is more of a hang out than a "sit down to a nice meal" place. If you want good converstion, not necassarily good food, check out Goombays. The pricing was a little high, but who cares, you're on vacation right?

Favorite Dish: I had the Salmon sandwhich, just needs a little sauce to set it off!

• tpangelinan's Profile Photo

Jolly Roger Restaurant & Bar: We had breakfast here, and went back for more!

by tpangelinan Updated Oct 18, 2003

I'm hungry!

One of the oldest restaurants on the beach. Great food, great prices, we only had breakfast here, but we had it two mornings in a row, and both mornings, the coffee was fresh and good, and the service was quick. Prices were great!
    Open 6am to 1am!!

• Fishing

• tpangelinan's Profile Photo

Awful Arthur's Oyster Bar: Be prepared to wait, even off season!

by tpangelinan Updated Oct 18, 2003

The locals even eat here

Outer banks popular since 1984.
    They do not take reservations, so hurry up and wait is the theme of this trip, but the great food, friendly service and reasonable prices make up for the wait!
    I had a steamed seafood combination, about $16.99, and it was wonderful! We had a party of 8 people, and no one left hungry or disappointed!

Favorite Dish: Try a steamed seafood combination! Everyone in our party was getting "Awful on Awesome Arthur's (the drink of the house! ;-)! Two of these seemed to 'put away' (he he) even the expert drinker!

• amybeachbum's Profile Photo

RV'S: Don't Miss The Delicious Fried Shrimp

by amybeachbum Written Apr 15, 2003
    Geese and Sea Otter

Great tasting food,friendly service and a great view of the sound!Watch the geese swim,the seagulls fly by or the sea otters play while eating a delicious lunch or dinner!Also don't forget to walk out on the deck leading to the water to see the crab traps and the crabs!You can also feed the seagulls out there!A Lovely View and Experience!

Favorite Dish: The fried shrimp!The shrimp is Big-n-Tastey MMMMMM!

• Birdwatching

• amybeachbum's Profile Photo

George's Junction: Best Seafood and Buffet

by amybeachbum Updated Mar 19, 2003

Nice candlelit tables,friendly service and the largest and best seafood buffet!

Favorite Dish: Love the huge tasty crab legs,garlic mashed potatoes,stuffed flounder with crab meat,hush puppies and the lemon pie for dessert mmmmm!

• HYDOLA's Profile Photo

Basnight's Lone Cedar: Freshest Seafood on the Island

by HYDOLA Written Oct 23, 2002

Casual, beautiful setting on the sound, excellent sevice, and the absolute freshest seafood you will find. The rest of the menu (chicken ,steaks, etc., is just as wonderful.

Favorite Dish: The Mixed Grill.
    A Filet, Grilled Chicken and a large piece of marinated Tuna, done to perfection.

The soft shell crabs are outstanding also.

• yallerhammer's Profile Photo

Weeping Radish Brewery &...

by yallerhammer Updated Aug 24, 2002

Weeping Radish Brewery & Restaurant
    The food is authentic german. The beer is brewed in the german fashion, using german rules. The service and food was excellent. We ate there (Kitty Hawk) twice.

Favorite Dish: Bauernwurst Sausages, Bratwurst Sausages, & Munich Burger were all excellent.

Instant Answers: Kill Devil Hills

Comments

Kill Devil Hills Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Kill Devil Hills restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Kill Devil Hills sightseeing.

View all Kill Devil Hills hotels