Kitty Hawk Restaurants

• b1bob's Profile Photo

Keeper's Galley: Kitty Hawk restaurant tip nº2

by b1bob Updated Apr 4, 2011

Keeper's Galley

Keeper's Galley serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner seven days a week in season. Breakfast, which is available until noon, features waffles, eggs, pancakes, country ham, grits, toast, biscuits, and fish roe stirred into eggs. A breakfast buffet is also available in season. Lunch offers cold plates, seafood sandwiches, and hearty clam chowders. The supper menu varies from time to time but they often offer prime rib, crab cakes, seafood fettuccine, chicken, and a surf-and-turf platter. All desserts, including cheesecakes, are made from scratch. Keeper's Galley has a large children's menu (gipper84 would love that) and a full bar. Ring for reservations and off peak season hours. Keeper's Galley is closed November through to February or March.

Favorite Dish: When I was last there, I had the fried scallops, baked potato, and salad.

• b1bob's Profile Photo

La Fogata: La Fogata

by b1bob Updated Aug 19, 2006

one of many combination platters

The restaurant is called La Fogata (Spanish for "the bonfire" which are "prohibido" in Kitty Hawk). Our waiter was great. He could carry a large number of platters without a tray. Instead, he terraced them on his arm that was shielded from the heat with thick cloth. For dessert, Fernando and I shared what is called fried ice cream. I don't quite understand the concept but it tasted good. We shared it because we were not sure if he would like it. We were so impressed with La Fogata that it has replaced Papagayo's as our Mexican restaurant of choice on the Outer Banks (and may have been what sunk Papagayo's).

Favorite Dish: I had the combination nÂș 23 (beef taco, beef burrito, rice and beans). Fernando had the three enchiladas pictured.

• Travmad's Profile Photo

Outer Banks Brewing: Beer?

by Travmad Written Jun 10, 2008

I was very underwhelmed by this brewpub. I had battered flounder that was at most tasteless the five slices of potato that was served with my fish did have some seasonings though. The beer was just about the same, in the end wanting a beer.

• Beer Tasting

Instant Answers: Kitty Hawk

Comments

Kitty Hawk Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Kitty Hawk restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Kitty Hawk sightseeing.