Lumberton Travel Guide

Lumberton Hotels

Lumberton Restaurants

• etfromnc's Profile Photo

by etfromnc Updated Apr 17, 2013

This two store chain first opened its doors about 27 years ago and I tend to prefer other styles of barbecue so I cannot testify to the veracity of the "old fashioned" part of their name but I can assure you that this is a great place to "chow down" if you want to sample "typical Eastern North Carolina barbecue" or if you just want to be a pig rather than eat part of one. You can get an excellent barbecue plate starting from $7 and they have an all-you-can-eat buffet most (but definitely not all) of the hours which they are open. The price of their adult dinner buffet is $9.50 and I would be very surprised if anyone other than Alan Richman could even sample all of the items on their buffet menu.

Favorite Dish: Noting my preference for other styles of barbecue, you may understand that my favorite dish here is the buffet. It is well worth the price. Many may ask why one would go to a restaurant famous for barbecue with no intention of eating barbecue. My best response would be that all of the food is good but if you do not want to be tempted to overeat and are not in the mood for barbecue, try the catfish. Excellent!

• grandmaR's Profile Photo
    Out Ack - out back of the hotel 2 more images

by grandmaR Updated Jan 28, 2013

We went to Outback to eat about 5:30 and were told that there would be a 20-30 minute wait although we could see lots of empty tables. I gathered that they were having trouble getting people to work. So we left and did not eat there.

• Seniors
    • Disabilities

• grandmaR's Profile Photo
    Sign on top of the restaurant 4 more images

by grandmaR Written Jan 1, 2013

We went to Texas Steakhouse for dinner and were seated right away.

Favorite Dish: We normally take food home from a restaurant so we wanted to order something small. Bob had the soup and salad - the soup was chili which came in a bread bowl.

I had a cheesy chicken breast (just one of them so they billed it as chicken plus bacon plus cheese). This was a pounded flat chicken breast and cheese and bacon on top. It was a bit salty, and dry. I had mashed potatoes with it (which were nice and hot) and got the Texas sundae for dessert. This was two small scoops of ice cream with pecans.

• Seniors

Instant Answers: Lumberton

Comments

Lumberton Travel Guide
Map of Lumberton