Mooresville Travel Guide

Mooresville Hotels

Mooresville Restaurants

• etfromnc's Profile Photo

by etfromnc Written Mar 14, 2011

So, you figure oysters are an aphrodisiac, and therefore a naturally brilliant choice for a dinner with your sweetheart, but the ones sitting out in the grocery store might give you and your sweetie more of a negative reaction than you're hoping for. Get a romantically raw deal at Vinnie's Sardine Grill & Raw Bar. Pull up a chair at any of their three locations (two in Charlotte and one in Mooresville) to break in your sea legs with a plate full of deep-sea delicacies like crab legs, seafood platters, and raw oysters. Or, if you prefer landlubber fare, opt for goodies like the chicken club or the steak sandwich (order it grilled or blackened), or a plate of wings. This is one pearl of wisdom you'll want to take all the way... home.
    am a bit concerned, however, that Vinnie used to have several locations in Charlotte but is now down to only two.

• etfromnc's Profile Photo

by etfromnc Written Jul 12, 2008

There are a lot of special places in and around Mooresville and I hope to add more tips in the future as time allows but this first one is special to me because it brings back memories of my youth. Even it's menu describes it as "A Convenient Store & Restaurant," and I suppose that is generally true unless you are driving north on I-77 and want to have a breakfast or lunch away from the interstate interchange chains. I think that this building has been on Hwy 115 south of Mooresville for at least 40 years and perhaps much longer. As I write this, they have just repaved their parking lot and painted the exterior of the building a bright yellow, but I do wish that they had also changed out their fuel pumps. They are really slooow. It took me about 10 minutes to pump 15 gallons of gas, a bargain for only $62.20.
    The service station and convenient store are open every day except Tuesday from 7 AM. They close at 7 PM Wed-Friday and 8PM Sat-Monday.
    The restaurant is open from 7 AM until 2 PM every day except Tuesday and Sunday.

Favorite Dish: The food here is good, but by itself it would not be worth the detour, just to spend the time there. I think that it is the people and the memories which they revive in my heart that make this a very special place. Nice, polite, and cordial are all available in great abundance but do not begin to explain the joy of eating there. The last time I was there I had a simple cheeseburger platter with lettuce, tomatoes (No salmonella!), mustard, French fries, and sweet tea. The most remarkable thing about the food itself was that the cheese was served as a dollop on the open face burger. At first, I thought that it was mayonnaise. Again, it was not the best in the world but was better than most and the overall experience was a delight.

• Mooresville Hotels

14 Hotels in Mooresville

Instant Answers: Mooresville

Comments

Mooresville Travel Guide
Map of Mooresville