New Bern Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in New Bern

• jmpncsu's Profile Photo

Morgan's Tavern & Grill: Good, Reasonably Priced in New Bern

by jmpncsu Written Dec 21, 2012

Morgan's is a nice restaurant and bar in downtown New Bern. We stopped here as a group of about 8 after hiking in nearby Croatan National Forest on our way back to the Triangle. Although the atmosphere is definitely classy (I was a little worried, since we were all in dirty hiking clothes), the prices are very reasonable and everyone in the group liked their meals. I had the Jalapeño & Cream Cheese burger, which was really good (and really messy!). They also have a good selection of drinks and their own line of beers, although they don't brew them. I tried their IPA, which was really good. The service was also quite good; it took a little while, but we were a large group with separate checks, so totally understandable, and the waitress was very attentive to our group. I would definitely stop here again if I was in the New Bern area.

Favorite Dish: Only been once, but I really enjoyed the Jalapeño & Cream Cheese burger. Very tasty, but very messy too.

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

The Chadwick House Cafe: Historic Lunch

by grandmaR Written Nov 1, 2007

Cafe in the back of the hotel

We walked over to Chadwick House, and ate there. There was a real daffodil in the vase on the table. They only serve lunch from 11 to 3, Monday through Saturday. There is parking behind the cafe.

They make their own chicken salad, pimiento chese, olive nut, Benedictine, beer cheese, cole slaw, potato salad, pies and cheesecake, which they sell.

Favorite Dish: Bob had a roast beef sandwich for $4.75 and hot tea. I had pimento cheese ($3.50) which they make there, lemonade, and then I had a coconut chess pie for $2.25.

• Architecture

Instant Answers: New Bern

Comments

New Bern Restaurants

Reviews and photos of New Bern restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for New Bern sightseeing.