The beach is about it
Ocean Isle is primarily beach house rentals with just a few hotels. There is little selection of restaurants in town and most are somewhat reasonably priced. There is a charge to walk on the pier so we didn't bother. The beaches are very clean and not overpopulated because this is not a hotel beach. There are a few beach shops but overall Ocean Isle is a residental town.
1. Be sure to do some shell...
1. Be sure to do some shell collecting.
2. If you go down to Myrtle Beach, visit Ripley's Aquarium. It's at the Broadway at the Beach complex, on Route 17, about 20-30 minutes from Ocean Isle.
3. You can surf fish right on the beach at Ocean Isle. My friend Tom caught a baby shark last year. After we took these photos, he put it back in the ocean.
Walking THROUGH the shark tank at Ripley's Aquarium is awesome. You can also handle rays and horseshoe crabs there. This year, the NC Aquarium at Fort Fisher is open. I will report on it after our trip.
- Save up to 60% on hotels.
- Hotwire.com Hotwire: Get a 4-star hotel for a 2-star price.
- Save up to 50% off Hotels Everyday
- Expedia.com Photos, Reviews and the Guaranteed Lowest Prices