Kilwin's, Wilmington

by acemj
  • msbrandysue's Profile Photo

Kilwin's Ice Cream Chocolates & Fudge: Yummy Treats

by msbrandysue Written Mar 12, 2009

You can't miss this place...right on the Riverwalk and Market St. You'll walk past it and see lots of kids gathered around begging their parents for a treat. I didn't plan on stopping but my family did. In fact, my dad, who NEVER eats ice cream, is pictured here digging into a waffle cone.

I decided to get some water since everyone else got something. I went in separately after walking around a bit more. Instead of ice cream I got a white chocolate covered pretzel (with sprinkles!) and a white chocolate covered rice-krispy treat (with sprinkles!). I didn't eat them right there, though. I put them in my bad for later since it was not very warm outside.

*The pretzel was stale when I ate it a few hours later. But, omg, the rice krispy was wonderful!

The fun thing is to watch the fudge being made in glass window. They definitely know how to draw a crowd. And the bench outside the shop is ever so appreciated after walking around downtown.

Favorite Dish: The white chocolate covered rice krispy (with sprinkles!) :)

• acemj's Profile Photo

Kilwin's: Kilwin's

by acemj Updated Jul 9, 2003

Favorite Dish: I had a cup of some handmade ice cream, which was really good. They also have all types of coffees as well as chocolates and fudges.

Instant Answers: Wilmington

Comments

Hotels Near Kilwin's
4.0 out of 5 stars