Fargo Restaurants

by grayfo

Most Recent Restaurants in Fargo

Texas Roadhouse: Steaks to Die For

by grayfo Written Apr 18, 2011

Texas Roadhouse is an American Steakhouse that specialises in Hand-cut steaks, ribs, fresh-baked bread all made from scratch. Each table has a complimentary bucket of peanuts and the service matched the high quality food, my steak was delicious and tender.

Monday to Friday: 4.00 pm to 10.00 pm
    Saturday: 11.00 am to 11.00 pm
    Sunday: 11.00 am to 10.00 pm

March 2011

Favorite Dish: Dallas Filet (medium rare) 8 oz, Mashed Potatoes and Baked Beans - $17.79

Red Lobster: Seafood at it’s Best

by grayfo Written Apr 15, 2011

Seafood cooking in a nautical themed restaurant, served in a comfortable, casual atmosphere, Red Lobster is a large chain of restaurants that operate in Canada, Japan and the US. The food here was great, along with the service. The prices are also very reasonable for the quality of food.

Sunday to Thursday: 11.00 am to 10.00 pm
    Friday and Saturday: 11.00 am to 11.00 pm

March 2011

Favorite Dish: Grilled Maine Lobster and Shrimp (A wood-grilled split Maine lobster tail, paired with two skewers of garlic-grilled shrimp topped with creamy lobster butter sauce. Served over wild rice pilaf.) - $19.99

• grayfo's Profile Photo

Pizza Ranch: Chicken at the Pizza Ranch?

by grayfo Written Apr 13, 2011

Started as a single store in 1981 at Hull, Iowa, Pizza Ranch is a Western-themed restaurant that specializes in pizza and chicken, the business has grown steadily and now has franchises in eight states.

Sunday - Saturday 11:00 am – 10:00 pm

March 2011

Favorite Dish: Mile-long Buffet – all you can eat.

Choose from; selection of pizza, various fried chicken, vegetables, salad and potato wedges.

Ice cream

Diet Pepsi

Kroll’s Diner: Happy Days without Arnold

by grayfo Written Apr 8, 2011

50's style diner without the Fonz. The decor was pink and pink, the service was ok but not as friendly as I have come to expect from other American establishments. The food was pretty average, similar to those that one can buy frozen and pop in the microwave. Prices are in line for a diner.

24 Hours / 7 Days a Week

Favorite Dish: Chicken Strip (2 Strips) Basket with Fries – $7.25

Diet Pepsi

HuHot Mongolian Grill: HuHot, Not so hot more like

by grayfo Updated Apr 5, 2011

“Create. Feast. Repeat” is the strapline ............ no thanks was my answer

“At HuHot Mongolian Grill, you control your destiny. Create your own Asian stir fry from our selection of fresh meats, noodles, vegetables and Asian-inspired sauces, then watch as it's cooked on our grill of epic proportions. A unique Mongolian BBQ experience for the whole family! “

Well it was certainly unique but not an experience I would like to repeat. “HuHot the possibilities are endless and the bowls are bottomless” definitely not the size of bowls we were given. As for the quality, it is hard to tell, especially the meat since its all frozen and chopped up in a messy way, the cleanliness also left a little to be desired.

I actually received my soup (starter) and sticky rice half way through eating my so called main course.

Lunch: 10.30 am to 4.00 pm
    Dinner Sunday to Thursday: 4.00 pm to 9.00 pm
    Dinner Friday and Saturday: 4.00 pm to 10.00 pm

email fargo1@huhot.com

Please note. I have never given a negative restaurant rating before.

Favorite Dish: Hot and Sour Soup, Dinner with Garlic Oil – $12.99

Speak Easy: Go back to the 1920's Gangster Era

by my2kids Updated Apr 4, 2011
    Don't need a password to get in here.

If your looking for a little bit of something different in atmosphere check out the Speak Easy Resturaunt just across the Fargo -North Dakota Border in Moorhead, MN.

Offering Italian and American foods - Your sure to find something that appeals to you.

Favorite Dish: I enjoy the Chicken Parmigiano - but there are many other dishes that are good.

Lone Star: Looking for a Good Steak and more

by my2kids Updated Apr 4, 2011

One of my favorite places to eat in Fargo.

It use to be a place where you could throw peanut shells on the floor and watched the waiters and waitresses line dance. But not so anymore.

Still it's a nice place to eat. The food is always good. Don't forget to get an order of Amerillo Cheese Fries - YUMMY!

Favorite Dish: Chopped Steak Dinner - comes with homemade bread and a salad. I'm generally full before my meal arrives.

Denny's: Dining at Denny's

by grayfo Written Mar 29, 2011

An established franchise that’s been in existence for over 50 years Denny’s is best known for its breakfasts served around the clock. Dress code is casual but the meals are very good value for money. A restaurant without the trimmings and the fuss but with very friendly staff.

March 2011

Favorite Dish: Santa Fe Skillet (Crumbled Chorizo sausage, fire-roasted peppers and onions, mushrooms and seasoned red skinned potatoes topped with two eggs cooked to order) - $5.99

Chili’s: Burger Bar

by grayfo Written Mar 25, 2011

Chili's Grill & Bar started life as a fun Dallas burger restaurant and is now a chain of more than 1400, mostly located in the United States and Canada. Chili's is currently owned by Brinker International, which also owns Maggiano's Little Italy. In line with a longstanding tradition, every single Chili's restaurant hangs one dining room photo upside down.

I had previously had a meal at a “Chili’s too” at Minneapolis airport so had an idea what type of food and quality to expect

Monday to Thursday: 11.00 am to 10.00 pm
    Friday and Saturday: 11.00 am to 11.00 pm
    Sunday: 11.00 am to 10:00 pm

email chiliscorp@chilis.fbmta.com

March 2011

Favorite Dish: Old Timer (Burger with mustard and red onion served with fresh lettuce, tomato and homestyle fries) – $6.89

Diet Coke - $0.99 (If ordered with meal)

• riorich55's Profile Photo

Fryn' Pan: Breakfast Friendly

by riorich55 Updated Sep 16, 2010

Having arrived in Fargo the night before on Labor Day and having had dinner with another VT member Donna_in_India, I had a half day to explore before I had to begin work in the afternoon. Therefore I decided I would explore a little more and find a place outside the hotel where the locals would go for breakfast. Came across the Fryn' Pan which I found out has about 5 locations through the Dakota's and a few in the Fargo area.

The restaurant was pretty crowded around 8:45 a.m. in the morning when I arrived. Besides the normal tables there were 2 more private rooms. 1 room had a number of local farmers and the other had a room of local businessmen. How could I tell the groups apart? Believe me when you come to smaller towns in the Midwest it is easy depending on how they dress.

The restaurant is open 24 hours a day, so obviously serves breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Favorite Dish: I had a combination of a bowl of oatmeal with blueberries which was very good and a plate of 2 eggs, 2 pieces of bacon and 2 pieces of wheat toast. Nothing spectacular, but it was what I had a taste for this morning. I had a young server who unfortunately was not all that friendly and looked a little taken aback when I had her repeat something that I couldn't hear.

• Toscana: The Best Food I've Ever Eaten!

by presdev Written Dec 27, 2007

I went to Toscana restaurant today at 202 N Broadway, downtown Fargo, ND. The Chef / Owner is Italian from Tuscany and he makes the best Italian food I've ever had in my life! If you're ever in Fargo, I suggest going.

Favorite Dish: I had the Tortelloni Al Vodka, it was Perfect!

• Business Travel

• steedappeal's Profile Photo

Kroll's Diner West Fargo: Don't miss the knoeplfla...

by steedappeal Written Sep 9, 2007

Vintage diner car. Relaxed ambiance, attentive local service. Very reasonable prices. Best known for its knoeplfla regional dumpling soup which you can also order to go by the bucket.

Favorite Dish: Knoepfla dumpling soup and chicken steak dinner special.

Bennigans: After 9PM Budget Feast

by my2kids Written Nov 1, 2006

This past year I have come to find that you can't beat going to Bennigans after 9PM to meet up with your friends and get your fill of yummy eats. You can always order half price appetizers whether your sitting in the bar or the restaurant. Something they won't let you do at TGIF! and there is always some bar special going on daily.

One thing that makes this place even greater is that it is a totally non-smoking bar and grill. It's nice to enjoy cheap eats without having to sit in second hand smoke all night.

Favorite Dish: Us gals can never decide exactly what to get so we we order up a little of just about everything. Mozzarella Sticks, Potato Skins (You can ever order them with Chicken instead of bacon), The Irish Haystack (which are very thin sliced onions that are battered and fried - YUMMY! served in a mound that resembles a haystack). My all time favorite item to order would have to be the GLAZED SHRIMP - if you order this after 9PM at the Fargo location it's considered an appetizer and it's heavenly for the $3.75 price!! I swear I'm addicted to that glaze they put on there. Don't like shrimp have no fear they also serve boneless chicken wings with the same sauce also very good.

If you skip the drinks and just order water or a pop - you can easily eat for cheap after nine and still take home some of the goodies to eat later!

• Beer Tasting
    • Business Travel

Olive Garden: When you're here; You're family -

by my2kids Written Apr 16, 2005

When You're Here - You're Family

One of the only places in North Dakota you will find an Olive Garden. When we first moved from Bismarck to Fargo - I just had to have Olive Garden all the time.

If you love Italian food - this place is a must stop place to eat.

Favorite Dish: I always enjoy their Chicken Parmigana or Chicken Fettucini Alfredo with their signature salad and breadsticks.

Many times I buy their salad dressing to take home. It's wonderful - and I'm usually a French Dressing gal sort of gal all the way.

With unlimited refills of the salad and breadsticks to go along with your meal you won't go away hungry after eating here.

Don't forget to leave room for their Black Tie Cheese cake - it's heavenly. If you don't have room do what I do -take it home and eat it later.

Granite City: Yummy Food at Granite City

by my2kids Written Apr 16, 2005

Just ordering a burger from here will fill you up. I always end up taking 1/2 of my burger home because I can't eat it all.

Food is very good. I'm not a beer drinker but if you are they have their own brewery right in house.

Favorite Dish: I always enjoy the Bedda Chedda Bacon Burger; Half-pound of lean ground beef topped with homemade BBQ sauce, shredded cheddar cheese and thickly cut smokehouse bacon. Charbroiled to order and served on a grilled sesame bun for $8.29.

If your looking for a buffalo burger they serve that too.

But they serve up more than burgers. You'll find salads, pasta dishes, Steaks, Chicken, and fish. Lots of things to choose from. And if you can't decide try eating there on Sunday and have their buffet Brunch.

• Beer Tasting

Instant Answers: Fargo

Comments

Fargo Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Fargo restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Fargo sightseeing.